• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leicester V Spurs OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lloris
Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies
Sissoko, Winks
Lucas, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Gazzaniga, Dier, Rose, Walker-Peters, Skipp, Son, Llorente

As usual, it depends how "up for it" we are. If our players are genuinely going for it as though we were playing in CL, we'll win.

If we don't take it seriously... eesh.

Hmmmm......doesn't look like even you believe this is going to go well.

ihaveabadfeeling-luke.gif

But a Leicesteresteresterecianesterian capable of typing and using a computer cannot, by definition, be a Leicesteresteresterecianesterian

Some further supporting evidence here https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/117703-up-next-spurs-h/

In fairness, some sensible and balanced opinions as well. But always good to see multiple references to “3rd in a 2 horse race” in late 2018, and continual insistence that
Spurs are “bottlers”.

Despite not being the team who followed winning the league by hiding from everyone for the next 3 years...

Rest most of the 1st team please.

The kids should be enough to get an ugly 3 points up there. Keep everyone fresh for Barca.

With Barca on Tuesday, this game is a tough ask of the squad. Trippier and Foyth out injured now too.

Goalkeeper and centre-halves can survive a couple of games in a short space of time. Think the fullbacks will need to rotate, so maybe play KWP tonight and bring Aurier in against Barca. Assuming Rose won't be able to play tonight after playing against Southampton, so play Davies today and Rose on Tuesday.

Dier probably needs a break to be able to play Tuesday, so tonight go with Sissoko and Winks, who played together in the game against Inter Milan (I think). I think we should save Son for Tuesday and give Moura another start tonight. Dele rested in the week, so he can play v Leicester. Is Lamela fit again? I can't see any news of him being out on the bbc preview of the game. Assuming he's fit, and assuming Kane will play yet again, I'd pick:

*edit -- just read the first post of the thread, seems Lamela is out. In that case, good luck on choosing a team Poch!

--------------lloris
kwp----toby-----vert----davies
--------sissoko----winks
--lamela------dele------moura
--------------kane

subs: gazza, aurier, rose, dier, eriksen, son, llorente

Poor Kane. He never gets a rest.

I worry about this type of game. We have still not hit a real run of form and Leicester are always motivated against us for some reason. Its real hit and miss to judge this game. I Can see us going a goal down and maybe getting a late equalizer to give us our first draw of the season.

As for the line up. Definitely a chance to give KWP a game, also I agree with saving Rose for Barca.

--------------Lloris-----------------

KWP-----Toby----Verts-----Davies

----------Sissoko--Winks-----------

Son------------Dele--------Moura

--------------OOOO------------------

We need to continue winning to stay in the top 4 race. But we need to improve our performance as we have not been at our best so far this season. Other teams are not going to make it easy for us. We had 2 tough matches against Leicester last season, losing 1-2 away and winning 5-4 at home. It is going to be another tough away match against Leicester this time as well. Hope we will be more clinical and ruthless in front of goal against Leicester.

I think Kane will be our key player in this match. Kane has a great record against Leicester, scoring 11 goals against them in the past. We need to rely on Kane again for the goals. Hope Kane will continue his goal scoring run against Leicester. Apart from Kane, we need others like Alli, Eriksen, Moura and Son to help us get the goals in this match. Eriksen has been in excellent form since returning from injury scoring 1 and assisting 4 goals i n 4 matches. We need him to inspire us again in this match. Too bad Lamela is still out injured as he scored 2 goals when we beat Leicester 5-4 at home last season.

We need to control the midfield if we want to win this match. It is disappointing that our best midfield partnership of Wanyama and Dembele are still not fully fit. Will prefer if we play Dier and Sissoko in midfield in this match. Somehow, feel Winks will have problems against Leicester. Sissoko has been in great form recently but was poor against Arsenal. Hope Sissoko will be back at his best in this match.

Our defence have not been at their best this season. We seem to concede too many soft goals this season. With Vertonghen returning to partner Alderweireld in defence, hope our defending will improve greatly in this match. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet in this match. Lloris has been having a mixed season, playing like a true world class goalie in some matches but becoming error-prone in other matches. Hope Lloris will be at his best to stop Leicester in this match.

No doubt this is going to be a tough away match for us. Leicester are unbeaten in 6 league matches, winning 2, drawing 4 and conceding just 3 goals in those matches. It is clear they defend well and don't concede too many goals. As such, we need to be clinical and make use of all the chances we get. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Leicester and stay in the top 4 race.

Everybody dance now!

We seem to be getting too many injury problems this season. Wish we can have all our best players like Lamela, Dembele and Wanyama fully fit soon. Can see this being another tense match for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and be ruthless in front of goal to beat Leicester to stay in the top 4 race.

Poor Kane. He never gets a rest.

I worry about this type of game. We have still not hit a real run of form and Leicester are always motivated against us for some reason. Its real hit and miss to judge this game. I Can see us going a goal down and maybe getting a late equalizer to give us our first draw of the season.

As for the line up. Definitely a chance to give KWP a game, also I agree with saving Rose for Barca.

--------------Lloris-----------------

KWP-----Toby----Verts-----Davies

----------Sissoko--Winks-----------

Son------------Dele--------Moura

--------------OOOO------------------

Maybe we can rest Kane v Burnley at home. I thought the same v Southampton though. He's a machine, but I think he needs to be saved from himself, he wants to play and score in every game but we need to keep him fresh for the entire season and prolong his career as well.

Everybody dance now!

We seem to be getting too many injury problems this season. Wish we can have all our best players like Lamela, Dembele and Wanyama fully fit soon. Can see this being another tense match for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and be ruthless in front of goal to beat Leicester to stay in the top 4 race.

Wanyama and Dembele are toast - time to give up on them and get replacements in. I knows Spurs fans like to think it, but I don't think we get that much worse luck from injuries than others do. There are extreme cases, like when Leicester won the title they barely had an injury all season, but those are pretty infrequent.

With Vardy and Mahrez, this always felt like a potential loss, Leicester away. But no Mahrez anymore and Vardy out injured, we really should have too much for them. I think we will get a tough 1-2 win.

Maybe we can rest Kane v Burnley at home. I thought the same v Southampton though. He's a machine, but I think he needs to be saved from himself, he wants to play and score in every game but we need to keep him fresh for the entire season and prolong his career as well.

We could have brought Kane off after an hour given we were 3-0 up. There aren't that many opportunities when you get 3 goal leads against weak teams, particularly during such a busy part of the season - really surprised we didnt get him a bit of a breather

We could have bought Kane off after an hour given we were 3-0 up. There aren't that many opportunities when you get 3 goal leads against weak teams, particularly during such a busy part of the season - really surprised we didnt get him a bit of a breather

At least the last 30 mins he didnt do anything, as soton constantly had the ball.

He will have to get his rest against the goon and then next rest after that in the fa cup.

After that his next rest can come if we are out of the league cup or if we go through and draw a brick team, he can maybe rest in one of the two legs. More rest can come in the europa should we drop into it and more rest in the earlier rounds of the fa cup, should we progress and continue to draw weaker teams.

Plenty of chances to rest in the future.

Back