• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Woolwich Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah yeah it is.
Actually, you know what? fudge it. I can see where this is all going.
I’m out of here before some clam starts writing “Poch out”...

And before anyone fudging carps on, of course it hurts, but my knees will stay in place.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Leave it out Steff. We've just been smashed by our arch-rivals and you expect people to sit on their hands and not vent their frustration?

You cannot deny that from what we've seen today Poch made mistakes. We all love Spurs and obviously want to win, and to see our manager sitting on his behind, seemingly clueless, is galling.

I still think that he'll end up going somewhere with more money and win bloody tons of things. So we'll definitely regret thinking that way. Don't do it to yourself, mate.

But, honestly, something's just really off about the way he seems to utterly *hate* substitutions at times - Emery out-thought him today, in large part down to that. Not sure what even having a world-class squad would do if it isn't used.
I haven't read his book but I'm told he writes that he thinks substitutions damage the morale of the player coming off.

But why were they the better team? because we let them be. We were fudging awful and made them look better, they done nothing amazing, just simple.
They finished the chances they did get. And their manager was more proactive than Poch. It's not the first time Poch has taken too long to make changes - he should have learned from other games where he has been too hesitant with changes (e.g. Juventus)

People can be upset about Toby not starting and I agree that he should have started. But we could have had Baresi at his best alongside Vertonghen today and he would have looked like Tony Gardner. Vertonghen's performance was about as bad as you could ask for.

I still think we'll finish top 4. We'll smash Southampton in the week, goons will drop points at Utd and we'll go above them again. But we're not doing anything more than that. We are the new "Wenger's Arsenal."

If we spent twice or thrice the ammount on wages and transfers that we do now we would be Wenger's Arsenal. At the moment we are (for the most part) a solid unit that's done very well on a (relatively) limited budget. For the last few seasons our overall outlay has been the 6th most in the league but we've finished 3rd and even pushed for the title. Couldn't ask for any more really. Anything else is a 'brucie bonus' as I've always said"

The Lacazette goal is spawny as f*ck.

But let’s not hide behind the fact that the wrong decisions have been made today.

The axis of Foyth, Aurier and Sissoko simply isn’t good enough for this intensity of game.

Secondly, how a team scored 3 goals in 20 minuted with no subs burnt mad eis beyond me.

It was obvious pretty quickly that we needed ball retainers at 2-2 like Winks or Moura. I’ve really no idea how you play on the back foot for 20 mins and not make a change.
And did the ball winners turn the game around? I agree Son wasn’t contributing but tbh it would be really difficult to come in as a sub mid game and get up quickly to the intensity of that game. I think it was just a terrific performance by Arsenal; they pressed us high and relentlessly which made it difficult to play against.

Until we get someone in like Mourinho who would win us something we will always be a bunch of losers. All spurs fans including me are fudging losers. This board are losers do you know why? Because we don't win anything and I'm a loser yeh but I don't give 2 fcuks. But you were all born losers because you are all spurs fans. Until you lot come to terms with that, you're all just deluded.

I'm a lsoer baby, so why don't you kill me.

As bad as the defence was we need to look at the midfield, they stand off and allow the passes without putting pressure on the ball. With the movement arsenal have up front, you can't do that.

They came out of the blocks hungrier, sharper which at home and all fresh was not the hugest surprise. We’ve gifted them a goal with the handball and after weathering a storm somehow gone in 2-1 up. Beginning of the second half we looked to be in control but Aubameyang’s goal was put their tails up (great strike but could we have had more pressure on him from Aurier / the previous pass). Although Lacazette gets a huge slice of luck with the deflection it’s a horrible decision from Foyth to lose possession where he did. Dier’s the wrong side for the fourth but think heads had gone by then.

Other than having an inexperienced centre back, not reacting to their changes the thing that stood out for me, as it has in the past is we have a few players who can’t cope with being pressed. Other than those first 10 minutes of the game we were never in control of the game and were relying on Sons pace on the counter as we couldn’t build through midfield and the full backs. Let’s not make perspective, we’ve had a lot of tough games that we’ve done well in recently, we’ve lost this one in a one off game away from home against a fresher team,

Until we get someone in like Mourinho would win us something we will always be a bunch of losers. All spurs fans including me are fudging losers. This board are losers do you know why? Because we don't win anything and I'm a loser yeh but I don't give 2 fcuks. But you were all born losers because you are all spurs fans. Until you lot come to terms with that, you're all just deluded.

This is what drinking Stella does to you kids!

Until we get someone in like Mourinho would win us something we will always be a bunch of losers. All spurs fans including me are fudging losers. This board are losers do you know why? Because we don't win anything and I'm a loser yeh but I don't give 2 fcuks. But you were all born losers because you are all spurs fans. Until you lot come to terms with that, you're all just deluded.

You might want to calm down on the Stella. Work tomorrow.

Gutting.

We were not very good overall but I think we conceded goals at just the wrong time. Emery changed things at half time but we came out stronger. Just got done by 2 goals from outside the area, and then we were done.

I feel we were waiting for the storm to pass before making our move. If Emery makes 2 subs, it means they need to do well with them quickly, else they are backed into a corner with limited room to manoeuvre. I think Poch was waiting for Arsenal’s momentum to run out in the second half and once he assessed how they were set up, could make the subs to beat them with the flexibility we had. Strategically I don’t think it was a bad thought process, we just conceded goals at the wrong time.

I think we’ll be fine. Foyth starting was a surprise but the things that make us strong across the season are our conditioning and our mentality. Foyth starting is Poch staying true to conditioning, making sure everyone is rotated and able to go full pelt across the season. And on mentality, I think we still have it and will be fine there. The players were letting some frustration out at the end but it just didn’t go our way and that will overall be helpful to helping them reset.

I think Emery is good but I don’t think Arsenal are that good. Not 20 games unbeaten good. They won’t keep it up. We’re just entering our peak period and I have to believe they will start declining slightly soon.

Well that was ah1t.
Why oh why do we just go to pieces when we play at their place.
We are far better than that.
Still think we'll finish above them but today hurts.

Told some gooner to eff off when he wa cheering Jan getting sent off. Told Mr Legs who was at the bar at the time time and now he's ready to go to war (wrongly and unnecessarily). What a joyful afternoon this has turned out to be.

Maybe the problem is that while the team have Poch and his assistants working with them to improve their game, who works with Poch to improve his performance? He needs a coach as much as the players do. Although it's useful, self-analysis isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back