• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

I still think one top quality centre-mid is what we need to buy most of all, especially as Dembele and Wanyama seem to be crocked now. Sissoko has stepped up, but for me his level is of a solid squad player (he's been excellent lately, but I won't get too excited just yet). He's a first teamer in the form he's in, but I'm not convinced this is permanent. If it is, then maybe we can invest in a midfielder who is more potential than the finished article.

Then nick the lad from West Ham in the summer to compete with Dier.

An obvious answer would be NDombele from Lyon. He really does look the part

I've said many many times before but having three foreign keepers is plain stupid. Either use Whiteman as 3rd choice or sign a 35-38 year old who is happy to make up the numbers in the squad for a couple years and coach the youth keepers

Agreed, this is exactly the reason why Chelsea got Rob Green.

Think we need to do to Leicester what man u did to us. Take Chillwell and Maddison, they both look good already.

As for rights backs I like the kid at Palace but failing that, Soares at Southampton is good.

We need a real top class striker inside forward to help Kane out. Someone on the bench who can come on and change games. I would really try for Martial.

Think we need to do to Leicester what man u did to us. Take Chillwell and Maddison, they both look good already.

As for rights backs I like the kid at Palace but failing that, Soares at Southampton is good.

We need a real top class striker inside forward to help Kane out. Someone on the bench who can come on and change games. I would really try for Martial.

You’re describing Son.

There’s absolutely no way Martial will come as a cover and we wouldn’t do 120k pw on those terms.

I’ve been thinking of who we can get to come in and play right up top as a plan B or with H. Someone hungry with pace who won’t mind bench duties.

What about Solanke?

I was impressed today. What’s the deal with the loan?

No idea
Was out with my Everton supporting friends and they think they can blow anyone out of the water to buy him. Their the club that has fixed his mental issues that he had at Barca

We wanted him before though so who knows

You’re describing Son.

There’s absolutely no way Martial will come as a cover and we wouldn’t do 120k pw on those terms.

I’ve been thinking of who we can get to come in and play right up top as a plan B or with H. Someone hungry with pace who won’t mind bench duties.

What about Solanke?

Why would Solanke trade Liverpools bench for ours, he will have seen how little game time Llorente gets.

Why would Solanke trade Liverpools bench for ours, he will have seen how little game time Llorente gets.

1. He looks way down at Liverpool now (for whatever reason) Sturridge and Origi both came off the bench yesterday.

2. He’s a completely different player to Llorente. Poch will have to convince him
regarding his potential game time as a plan b.

3. He will have seen how Poch works with younger players and gives them a chance.

If we can’t attract the best due to £ and we can’t attract the possible next wave of good players due to bench time worry, that doesn’t leave us a lot. Players joining us will need to understand they won’t be walking into the team, but that if they work hard and show talent, they will get a chance. Moura, Foyth, Sissoko have proved that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a Martial type signing. I just cant see it.

Martial will probably end up somewhere like Bayern if Utd decide to sell him. I don't think Utd would sell him to us, even if the player wanted to come here.

1. He looks way down at Liverpool now (for whatever reason) Sturridge and Origi both came off the bench yesterday.

2. He’s a completely different player to Llorente. Poch will have to convince him
regarding his potential game time as a plan b.

3. He will have seen how Poch works with younger players and gives them a chance.

If we can’t attract the best due to £ and we can’t attract the possible next wave of good players due to bench time worry, that doesn’t leave us a lot. Players joining us will need to understand they won’t be walking into the team, but that if they work hard and show talent, they will get a chance. Moura, Foyth, Sissoko have proved that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love a Martial type signing. I just cant see it.

I get that but if you were Solanke why would you join? No time at Chelsea or Liverpool so he'd be crazy to think any different here especially when we have Son, Moura and Lamela generally competing for one spot.

He'd be far better going to somewhere like Burnley or Watford where he'd likely start 30 premier league games and get some real experience. I think we'll see a shift in the next 2/3 years where players move more for game time, when you see what the English players are doing in Germany many more will see the benefits of it and won't want to be stockpiled at the bigger clubs.

Back