• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Been considering subscribing to the Graudniad because their sports writing is usually brilliant but that gratuitous, irksome spin has certainly made me think twice.

It should be hypothecated. I’d give them cash for David Squires and Barney Ronay and Marina Hyde as long as they were prepared to promise that Steve Bell and Larry Elliot and Owen Jones wouldn’t get a penny.

The veil looks like a Picasso nude reclining now!

Oh absolutely!.............................................o_O

picasso.jpg

;)

Ah, that’s what you miss when you restrict a search to ‘reclining’ Good find and does work! Obviously the inspiration for the veil. Can we somehow turn this into a highbrow thread now?

The ascending sections being fitted to the new Park Lane, or rooster End, or whatever we call it, have a touch of Duchamp's nude about them as well:

u-g-F1OZ1M0.jpg

But if what you want is unadulterated architectural cubism then Lyonel Feininger is your man. He's been supplying my home screens across all devices for years.

17758.jpeg

the-cathedral-1920.jpg

fudge me, stadiums not yet 3 months overdue and look what this threads turned into.

Quicker it’s done the better.

This might not be the right thread but I counted between 4 January and 24 February we've only got one proper away game (and Fulham away) which means about seven home fixtures. Shame we won't be in the new gaff and able to capitalise on some easier fixtures.

Unsubstantiated talk is that serious efforts and workarounds are trying to be made to get major issues fixed in time for Man Utd at the new stadium. Whether that is speeding up the fixing of radio and safety issues or drafting in temporary measures (like fire marshals) to ensure all the appropriate bodies sign-off the stadium's suitability to host games.

This might not be the right thread but I counted between 4 January and 24 February we've only got one proper away game (and Fulham away) which means about seven home fixtures. Shame we won't be in the new gaff and able to capitalise on some easier fixtures.
To be fair our record at Wembley against crapper teams is pretty decent really

Back