• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Aren't there FIFA rules that insist stadia are open to the elements? A retractable roof over a retractable pitch would be a bit much.

Might be true for the time during the game. But clearly the Millenium stadium in Cardiff has a retractable roof and it does not stop Wales playing there.

But I agree that is a bit much and costs too much. Leaving the grass open to the elements is better for it. But with the high line of stadium these days the grow lights are needed to stop what was happening at the Millenium stadium and other high stand stadiums the the Amsterdam Arena which suffered for a long time with bad pitches. So retractable Grow lights seems an elegant solution the issue.

I've just realised how the Wembley roof "closes".
Does it?

Edit:
MjEk-i.gif

Doesn't seem worth the expense if it's only partial?

Last edited:
Does it?

Edit:
MjEk-i.gif

covers all the seats apparently, and is primarily to maximise sunlight for the grass

I've definitely sat there multiple times and opined that I was surprised they hadn't closed the roof for this weather, when they quite clearly had

in hindsight, I'm not sure I've ever been in there with it open

covers all the seats apparently, and is primarily to maximise sunlight for the grass

I've definitely sat there multiple times and opined that I was surprised they hadn't closed the roof for this weather, when they quite clearly had

in hindsight, I'm not sure I've ever been in there with it open

Its never open on match days

Dont believe they ever open it now.

Its not on the maintenance register

Does it?

Edit:
MjEk-i.gif

The whole stadium isn't worth it. Its a national embarrassment. Its not condusive to creating a decent atmosphere and getting out of the stadium to the tube can take over an hour.

The only reason that it has some cache/reputation/aura is because of the name and the previous stadium's history, not because of the current stadium

The whole stadium isn't worth it. Its a national embarrassment. Its not condusive to creating a decent atmosphere and getting out of the stadium to the tube can take over an hour.

The only reason that it has some cache/reputation/aura is because of the name and the previous stadium's history, not because of the current stadium

I like it, I can normally get to Wembley Park in the first wave and the facilities are good, concession and toilet queues are generally short.

Back