• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't bring myself to hate anyone more than Arsenal. Chelsea are a close second. I really don't get it at all when people say they hate Liverpool more. Seems like a rivalry that's been manufactured on GG, RAWK and twitter and certainly doesn't transfer to Liverpool fans I've met in real life or on the pitch when we play them. Compare the animosity on the pitch to when we play Chelsea and it's a totally different animal.
I fall into the category of disliking Chelsea more than any other team. Perhaps it’s because they won the lottery and now act like they didnt; Perhaps it’s their supporters, I live South of the river and am surrounded by them; perhaps it’s the fact they bettered us for so long; perhaps it is the battle of the bridge; perhaps it’s just John Terry Cesc Fabregas or Ken Bates I loathe the club from top to bottom.

I fall into the category of disliking Chelsea more than any other team. Perhaps it’s because they won the lottery and now act like they didnt; Perhaps it’s their supporters, I live South of the river and am surrounded by them; perhaps it’s the fact they bettered us for so long; perhaps it is the battle of the bridge; perhaps it’s just John Terry Cesc Fabregas or Ken Bates I loathe the club from top to bottom.

I hate them too. For all the reasons you described. I just hate Arsenal more. I grew up in a town with predominantly Arsenal, Spurs, United and Liverpool fans but the majority of kids in my school were gooners who used to rip the tinkle relentlessly as I was at school when they were winning everything and we were a mid table joke. That's where my hatred for them stems from. Their fans have always been breathtakingly arrogant. Not to mention their players go out of their way to let everyone know how much they hate Spurs when apparently they couldn't care less about us.

The fetish on here with Liverpool though is something I will never get.

The fetish on here with Liverpool though is something I will never get.
I guess it’s to do with GG posters saying Liverpool are better than us every season, yet we pretty much always end up finishing above them. Like you, i also don’t get the Liverpool fetish on here.

Arsenal then Chelsea and then by quite some distance behind, my next worst is west ham. I also dislike Saudi Sportswashing Machine for some reason.

The Liverpool thing has gained traction since that 'cult' started obsessing over Harry Kane following the 2-2 draw last season. It came from their players as well as fans & social media posts. Its definitely taken my dislike up a notch to Chelsea-levels.
Goons rivalry always comes first though.

I guess it’s to do with GG posters saying Liverpool are better than us every season, yet we pretty much always end up finishing above them. Like you, i also don’t get the Liverpool fetish on here.

Arsenal then Chelsea and then by quite some distance behind, my next worst is west ham. I also dislike Saudi Sportswashing Machine for some reason.

I think it stems from childhood. Like @Jurgen I was surrounded by insufferable Gooners at school. The day after that Michael Thomas goal at Anfield was unbearable, and I can still see them gloating and taking the tinkle (magnanimous in victory they weren't) and that is when my real dislike for them came about.

The Chelsea thing has grown over the years but I think the fact that they won the lottery, pretend that football ever happened before about 2001, all apparently grew up supporting Chelsea cos their "Nan was born in West London" (and before that she was probably born in Moss Side!), coupled with them being a collective of macaronic, sanctimonious, anti-semite bell-ends - makes the result all the sweeter.

If we can do Arse at the weekend and Inter mid-week as well, I would be a happy boy! I actually believe a result against Inter will mean we'll beat Barca at Camp Nou as well. #dillusionalbutdontcare

I actually don't give a brick about anyone else. I like to see Liverpool just because it amuses me to see them all go into a high pitched, saliva induced meltdown. The Spammers are funny because they hate us so much and we don't care about them.

I still dont equate that to nationality.

Drobga was told by the CLUB CAPTAIN, for example. What does Terry being English have to do with it?

I dont disagree - this culture is lacking in their side. They clearly dont have that care in there. I just dont agree its anything to do with English players.

Drogba was told by Chelsea through and through, not on my watch John Terry... who is their captain now? They have no one IMO to tell their new phalanx what to expect and what’s Expected

Don’t forget Drogba was brick when he started their too and took some leadership too get him going

I hate Liverpool because whatever happens it’s NEVER their fault

Last year was classic though for creating a rivalry out of nothing

They even kicked off when we signs Clint Dempsey as they had been scouting him...

Drogba was told by Chelsea through and through, not on my watch John Terry... who is their captain now? They have no one IMO to tell their new rude boys what to expect and what’s Expected

Don’t forget Drogba was brick when he started their too and took some leadership too get him going

I dont argue with any of that. Only that it has anything to do with nationality. Leadership is leadership, and is certainly lacking at Chelsea.

The only part of your point I disagree with is this
I do wonder if the lack of English players left in their squad is hurting them in these games

If you had said
I do wonder if the lack of LEADERS left in their squad is hurting them in these games

I would have agreed wholeheartedly

I dont argue with any of that. Only that it has anything to do with nationality. Leadership is leadership, and is certainly lacking at Chelsea.

If you had said

They do lack leadership
So do arsenal
But then I don’t see any obvious leaders at City and look at them

I'd imagine it just seems that way because Alli's and Kane's goals were both reasonably low xG chances.
Also because chances like Dele's and Kane's, as clear-cut as they may seem, carry an xG of only 0.4 or 0.5 at best (the only chance with an xG close to 1 is a tap-in on the goal line). So an overall xG of 4 is exceptional and not very common.

Me too but from further back. Didn't really mind them until this match.

If you had said

I think I once read a comment from Arsene Wenger that said the foreign players do not really understand the importance of the main derby matches and it is the English players who drill this into them.

I’ve heard enough ex pros say it too
Martin keoqn has said it a lot
Yeah, but most pros grow up either supporting or playing for teams that have close and intense (fierce) rivalries. While they are not the same, a fierce rival is a fierce rival so it SHOULD be easy to work out what a game against a fierce rival means.

Back