• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That suggests that it has been a tactical choice, although I would put the defeats to Liverpool and City earlier this season to poor form and fitness rather than approach.

Poor form for pool certainly but not helped by Vorm being on goal IMO

Vs City we were good enough for a draw

Watford (a game we forget) I still think the ref robbed us with the free kick against Dembele which got them back in it. And again we had Vorm in goal

Poor form for pool certainly but not helped by Vorm being on goal IMO

Vs City we were good enough for a draw

Watford (a game we forget) I still think the ref robbed us with the free kick against Dembele which got them back in it. And again we had Vorm in goal

You have something against Vorm?

That suggests that it has been a tactical choice, although I would put the defeats to Liverpool and City earlier this season to poor form and fitness rather than approach.

I think there were very fine lines in both the pool and city games.

Had we got the pen for the late foul on Son then that could well have been a 2-2. Point gained, two dropped for them.

We did enough against City to warrant a draw, embodied by Lamela’s late clear chance. Point gained, two dropped for them.

I know every team has these sob stories but it shows just how close the margins are.

That would have bunched up the top of the table immensely, and it was only a poor ref decision and an uncharacteristic miss that prevented it.

This is an erection inducing win ! We played well and fully deserved to beat Chelsea. But we really should have won by more goals as we wasted too many goal scoring chances. Also, it was disappointing we let Chelsea score a late goal despite them being poor and didn't look like scoring for whole match. We never lose when Alli or Kane scores and since both scored, we should have made it a goal fest by scoring 10 goals at least ! Instead, Son(4), Kane(2) and Alli wasted good goal scoring chances. Son single handedly kept Chelsea in the game by wasting those 4 chances before he scored in the second half. We could have killed the game off in the first half if Son had scored those chances.

Credit to Alli, Kane and Son for the goals. It was a crucial time for Alli to score the early goal and we didn't look back after that. Amazingly, we have continued the record of having never lost in the league whenever Alli scores. We have now won 27 and drew 6 of the 33 league matches in which Alli has scored ! Alli seems to be a big-game player as he always comes up with crucial goals against big teams ! It was also good to see Kane scoring the long range goal. It has been a long time since Kane scored a long range goal like that. Son did well to score his first league goal of the season and his first league goal in 16 matches since March. But this match proves yet again that Son is a scorer of great goals and not a great goal scorer. He wasted 4 easy goal scoring chances but scored from a difficult chance. It was a brilliant individual goal by Son but he really should have scored at least 2 other goals from his chances. Credit also to Eriksen for 2 assists and Alli for assisting Son's goal. Too bad Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on in the second half.

I think we won this match in midfield. Dier and Sissoko played really well to control the midfield. Sissoko looks more and more like a top quality midfielder. He worked so hard to stop Chelsea in midfield. But he still needs to improve his finishing. Similiarly, Dier played well without making any of his usual mistakes. Maybe Dier and Sissoko can be our regular midfield partnership from now on.

Well done to our defence for playing well for almost the entire match. The only disappointing thing was the late goal conceded. It could have been costly f or us as Chelsea started to attack more after that. Fortunately for us, they ran out of time after that. We really need to avoid conceding these late goals. Frankly, Chelsea were poor for most of the match and didn't really test our defence much. Lloris, Alderweireld and Foyth had a comfortable match and didn't really need to be at their best.

It is good to see us continuing our winning run by beating a top 4 team in the league. We need to use this win to boost our confidence for the rest of the season. This win will hopefully help us in our top 4 race in the league.

Really impressive result. It's been building since the PSV match, but last night was us playing like we know we can, at our best some might say.

Our midfield and attack were fluid, both in defence and in attack. The interplay that we know and love was back, the pressing was back and Chelsea couldn't deal with it.

“Trying hard not to overreact, but that was a fcuking disgrace...forget whether Sarri's formation/tactics are starting to be figured out, this was a shocking lack of fight and desire from everyone (barring Giroud?)...we all knew the unbeaten record was going to go sooner or later, but to lose it to them, playing like that? Unforgivable.”
a Chelsea forum member

Made me chuckle

We made them poor IMO.

I disagree. As good as we were, and we did set ourselves up just right, Chelsea had already set themselves back before the whistle even went.

And then proceeded to collectively have a very bad day.

Ive no doubt we compounded that, we were very good - and Im not trying to talk down our performance, but it has to be said that was hardly Chelsea at their best.

They shape was all wrong, Kante as a RCM was ridiculous, Luiz was pure Luiz, they did nothing to help Jorginho who was having an utter nightmare...

There was a lot more going on there than "we made them poor".

This is the first time this season we have been able to play Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Sonny and Dier together with full fitness and appetite. It showed!

It did. Great to see some of the old spurs back, we havent had it all year. How exciting is the prospect we are late in Nov, 5 points off top, and havent even yet put out our strongest 11, but the gang just got back together...

I disagree. As good as we were, and we did set ourselves up just right, Chelsea had already set themselves back before the whistle even went.

And then proceeded to collectively have a very bad day.

Ive no doubt we compounded that, we were very good - and Im not trying to talk down our performance, but it has to be said that was hardly Chelsea at their best.

They shape was all wrong, Kante as a RCM was ridiculous, Luiz was pure Luiz, they did nothing to help Jorginho who was having an utter nightmare...

There was a lot more going on there than "we made them poor".

It did. Great to see some of the old spurs back, we havent had it all year. How exciting is the prospect we are late in Nov, 5 points off top, and havent even yet put out our strongest 11, but the gang just got back together...

Genuine question as I haven't followed Cheatski in any detail : was yesterday's formation for them different to what they have generally been playing this season?

Genuine question as I haven't followed Cheatski in any detail : was yesterday's formation for them different to what they have generally been playing this season?

I watch as little of Chelsea as possible, so absolutely no idea to be honest.

From what I can gather Jorginho has been sitting deep and pulling strings to good effect, but thats about as much as I know.

Watching them yesterday though, I assume something changed, because theres no way they can have been unbeaten all this time setting up like that.

“Trying hard not to overreact, but that was a fcuking disgrace...forget whether Sarri's formation/tactics are starting to be figured out, this was a shocking lack of fight and desire from everyone (barring Giroud?)...we all knew the unbeaten record was going to go sooner or later, but to lose it to them, playing like that? Unforgivable.”
a Chelsea forum member

Made me chuckle

Lol, we broke the jinx against them 12 years ago, and have smashed them in pretty much every meeting since, did they really expect anything else?

I watch as little of Chelsea as possible, so absolutely no idea to be honest.

From what I can gather Jorginho has been sitting deep and pulling strings to good effect, but thats about as much as I know.

Watching them yesterday though, I assume something changed, because theres no way they can have been unbeaten all this time setting up like that.

We are the first decent side they have played.

Back