• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

I wonder what Phil Foden thinks of De Jong joining... I heard this morning that Sancho wanted to join Spurs but City blocked it.

We should have forced their hand on that with the walker deal being in the balance

Im not convinced Sancho would be where he is at now if he had come to us but he certainly would have had opportunities

Sander Berge and Adrien Rabiot the latest CMs being linked in the gutter press.

Both of a similar ilk, powefull ball players.....

th

cengiz under currently at roma? we were linked a lot before he went there. for what it's worth, I think he's a great player, but I'm not sure the links back then were anything more than agent talk.

he's probably better than grealish ;)
Grealish > Isco > Under....

Grealish imo £35m ish
Under £50m
Isco £60m >

Could end up bringing Joe Cole out of retirement knowing us.

Levy will like the idea of Under £50m, lots of room for negotiation on that price.

Don’t see Daniel shelving out anything like that amount or even close to it.
His priorities will be closer to home and contracts.
Transfers payments will be nowhere £50m mark from us for a while yet imo.

Can't remember what was Lucas?

If we did go 50m I think we would go for Zaha as Poch clearly likes him.

Hence the under bit...

Missed jokes aside I don’t think that area of the pitch is where our focus needs to be. Lamela’s renaissance and Moura’s arrival gives us lots of options and Kane’s deputy is more likely to be Son as Llorente and Janssen are not trusted / capable of challenging for his place or filling in in an emergency.

Depending on the physical prognosis for dembele, Wanyama and Rose I’d say centre mid and a fast left back are a priority. Then in the summer we can spend some time working out what to do with Toby and if we upgrade one of the right backs.

As much as I like Zaha i think that ship has sailed, especially with his new contract. If we are on the phone to Palace I’d be asking them about Wan Bissaka and PVA.

I don’t know why but I have a feeling that Barrios will be the midfielder we sign, feels like he will be in the inflated price bracket we go for. Didn’t note anything outstanding about him in the WC, anyone else seen anything about him to want to sign him?

I hope you are correct. I’m not convinced Levy will spend ATM.
To be honest I lowered my expectations a few years ago when it became apparent we weren’t spending without recouping. I then lowered them again after this summer and given the stadium issues I still feel any incoming will be financed by sales. Surely someone will want to taken a punt on Llorente or Janssen to keep them up. If we only sign one player though it has to replace a permacrock and we have two in centre mid.

Sander Berge and Adrien Rabiot the latest CMs being linked in the gutter press.

Both of a similar ilk, powefull ball players.....

Rabiot is always linked with a move away, looks a good player but I don't like his attitude. Always quoted about how he'll be reviewing his future.

Back