• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Nicolo Barrela being linked by an Italian publication. Were we to lose Eriksen this summer, I think he'd be a good replacement.

I can also see why he's been linked with Liverpool too. He looks like he could be a game winner in a pressing side with his ability to either burst forward of his own accord or get his head up and pass it forward.

I can also see why he's been linked with Liverpool too. He looks like he could be a game winner in a pressing side with his ability to either burst forward of his own accord or get his head up and pass it forward.

Liverpool have a shed load of midfielders already

Nicolo Barrela being linked by an Italian publication. Were we to lose Eriksen this summer, I think he'd be a good replacement.

Is he a #10 or a CM?

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino spotted watching Barcelona's next generation
By Lyall Thomas
Last Updated: 18/11/18 12:05am
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has been pictured watching Barcelona’s B team play against Cornella on Saturday.

Pochettino, who resides in Barcelona when he is not in England, was snapped in the stands at the Mini Estadi, which is adjacent to the Nou Camp, by the club's media team.

After his side beat Crystal Palace prior to the international break, Pochettino said he and his coaching staff Jesus Perez and Toni Jimenez would be heading to Barcelona for a conference on behalf of the Catalan Football Federation.

"We are going to talk about football," he said. "The Catalan Federation asked us to go there and talk with the Catalan coaches, and I think it is a great opportunity to share, and explain how the Premier League is and Tottenham."

Spanish media have speculated on whether Pochettino was at the Barca B game to personally scout players.

Sky Sports News understands Spurs have previously been interested in bringing Barcelona youth players to England, such as midfielder Riqui Puig, who came on as a 75th-minute substitute as Barca B won 2-1.

Pochettino is thought to prefer to personally watch his transfer targets. In 2016 he was pictured at Republic of Ireland's friendly against Netherlands, where he scouted Vincent Janssen prior to the club signing the striker from AZ Alkmaar.

Tottenham did not sign a single player in the summer transfer window after failing to land Jack Grealish, but Pochettino has suggested they will be more active in the New Year.

"We need, as a club, in January to try to refresh the squad to move the club on," he recently said.

Spurs need to sign players with homegrown status however, having submitted a Premier League squad of 24 players this term instead of 25 because they fell one short of the eight-player homegrown requirement.

Absolute joke. He'll be loaned out somewhere, don't you worry.
According to Spanish paper today Barca have fallen in love with both De Jong and De Ligt. Either way they won’t be Spurs bound as some fantasised about on here, bigger fish circling now....

Like with Sanchez
How long we going to do this one example for? Yes Sanchez apparently chose us ahead of Barca, but if you’re expecting all of a sudden all players to reject Barca for Spurs you’ll be disappointed. Like saying Fulham, Huddersfield etc could win the league because Leicester did it once....

How long we going to do this one example for? Yes Sanchez apparently chose us ahead of Barca, but if you’re expecting all of a sudden all players to reject Barca for Spurs you’ll be disappointed. Like saying Fulham, Huddersfield etc could win the league because Leicester did it once....

As long as someone writes off our chances of signing a player when a richer club is linked with them.

I'm not expecting anything, I'm just pointing out that where those players end up is not a foregone conclusion.

As long as someone writes off our chances of signing a player when a richer club is linked with them.

I'm not expecting anything, I'm just pointing out that where those players end up is not a foregone conclusion.
Unfortunately when the big boys come along it usually only ends one way. But you are right it’s not a foregone conclusion....

They defo need another CM

Emirates Marketing Project have beaten Barcelona to the £61m signing of Ajax and 21-year-old Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (Sunday Mirror)

Yes, in fairness to Emirates Marketing Project they do need a bigger squad to cope. Still, being the fiscally-responsible club they are, who are we to deny them spending their hard-earned cash...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I wonder what Phil Foden thinks of De Jong joining... I heard this morning that Sancho wanted to join Spurs but City blocked it.

On a seperate note. Would anyone here accept a swap of Alderweireld for Bailly? There are 5 years between them, though I honestly want us to find a CB with a left foot.

On a seperate note. Would anyone here accept a swap of Alderweireld for Bailly? There are 5 years between them, though I honestly want us to find a CB with a left foot.

Not for me... He has less first team experience than players like CCV i think and seems to have loads of injury issues

Your gaining a player with potential but we have those already

Back