• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

UEFA Nations League

Can not believe anyone on here is backing this waste of time.

More matches for England and less friendlies mean more matches in which our players can get injured. I tolerate (which is good of me) the euros and the world cup but now this as well, fcuk it.

Can not believe anyone on here is backing this waste of time.

More matches for England and less friendlies mean more matches in which our players can get injured. I tolerate (which is good of me) the euros and the world cup but now this as well, fcuk it.

Or more matches that aren’t friendlies so our players learn more in competitive conditions

It’s like the midweek five a side league. Somehow competitive and enjoyable but without the emotional focus of proper Saturday afternoon football.

I guess it does the players some good in terms of mental freshness to occupy different roles in a different strategy.

And the England setup has been detoxified - for the momentat least.

They’ve basically brought more competitive games in to the footballing calendar, so more workload for the already tired players who play 2/3 games a week already.

I’ve enjoyed the competition so far because I love football, but I can’t help thinking this is the opposite of what Uefa should have been doing to protect tired players.

Instead of replacing friendly kickabouts with competitive matches they should have just scrapped those international dates altogether.

I know the reason is money, but it doesn’t make it right.

Edit: by the way, why is it changing b-r-ought in my first sentence to bought?

Last edited:
For all the moaning and whinging about ENL I loved this type of football rather the endless meaningless friendlies.
It was a success at the top level, good teams playing off to see who'd go to the finals and who'd go to the 2nd tier etc, but was it quite so interesting in the tiers below that?

Better than friendlies though, I'll give you that, and prevents Italy fixing the world rankings by playing countless no marks.

Still don't quite understand how it fits into Euro 2020 qualifying though.

The biggest wast of time in football is having a Abu Dhabi Athletic in EPL.
They are playing with a marked deck.

The brick manager merry go round goes on and on

Mick McCarthy confirmed as Republic of Ireland manager with Robbie Keane as coach

England squad to face Iceland and Denmark:

Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Danny Ings (Southampton), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Declan Rice (West Ham United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Emirates Marketing Project), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Seems Maguire is needed badly to take on Iceland and Denmark .. regardless the PR fallout?

Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Danny Ings (Southampton), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Declan Rice (West Ham United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Emirates Marketing Project), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Seems Maguire is needed badly to take on Iceland and Denmark .. regardless the PR fallout?
That looks a pretty good squad.

What the hell has happened to English midfielders. If the best we can come up with to play alongside Winks is Ward-Prowse, Mount, Rice, Phillips and Foden we have serious problems.

Back