• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

On this, I'm a big Narcos fan but I have not watched El Chapo yet.
Is it worth a watch or is it too similar?
With the hype of his trial, it's a little topical.

Yes, El Chapo is worth watching.
I think I preferred Narcos, but I think that was probably just because I had watched that first.
Whereas Narcos is from the DEA perspective, El Chapo is more focused on el Chapo himself and how he built up his business and the cartel. Yes,there are a lot of similarities, that's pretty unavoidable given the subject matter, but definitely worth watching.

El Chapo is good but skips huge parts of his life, guess it has too otherwise it would go on forever but feels like there's huge gaps of sometimes years. Also some of the characters have different names to their real life counterparts e.g. Ramon etc.

Been away all week and returned with a severe hangover, new series of Narcos was the perfect antitode.

This is meant to be a good watch too

Homecoming

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7008682/

Good intentions. Erratic bosses. Mounting paranoia. Unforeseen consequences spiraling out of control. Heidi (Julia Roberts) works at Homecoming, a facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, when the Department of Defense questions why she left Homecoming. Heidi realizes there's a whole other story behind the one she's been telling herself.

He comes across as a bit whinny, not that I would say that to his face. Just goes to show what a childhood can do to develop a persons life and thought it was sad when he spoke about his mother.

I love anything to do with Everest, dont know why.
Have you watched Touching the void? Should be right down your alley.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

This is meant to be a good watch too

Homecoming

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7008682/

Good intentions. Erratic bosses. Mounting paranoia. Unforeseen consequences spiraling out of control. Heidi (Julia Roberts) works at Homecoming, a facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, when the Department of Defense questions why she left Homecoming. Heidi realizes there's a whole other story behind the one she's been telling herself.

Just getting to the end of this. Brilliant series.

Back