• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Now that the squad, Rooney and the manager have said how great it was to have an experienced player in the dressing room and in training I wonder if Wayne any other ‘legends’ will give up their spare time to help the squad I future games, without the offer of a cap?

Well done England.
I hope we get to have a crack at Belgium in this competition.

Finishing above Spain and Croatia. Come on that’s another feather in Southgates cap.

We’ve got a good team at last.

As much as tactically he does well to stretch teams, I think he is so limited it's unreal
I actually feel like he’s been over coached!

When I first saw him as a 17 year old for Liverpool he was frightening. Honestly the closest thing I’d seen in 30 years to John Barnes. All off the cuff, skinning players for fun, and looking unplayable.

Now, it seems like he’s been programmed to reign it in at every opportunity and looks brick scared in a take on position. Sad.

Joe Cole Mk II.

Sterling's greatest strength is that nobody know what he's going to do, in the the City team he has players who can service him, unfortunately apart from Kane few England player can pick a pass to a teammate in a dangerous area.

Sterling's greatest strength is that nobody know what he's going to do, in the the City team he has players who can service him, unfortunately apart from Kane few England player can pick a pass to a teammate in a dangerous area.

They done a very good job of it in this game.

First ever England game, courtesy of a free ticket and my 5 year old wanting to go to his first game. Suffice to say his hero scoring the winner and England getting an important result made a it a perfect day for him. Hopefully more of the same when he comes to the new WHL for the first time!

Not taking our chances in the first half always made it feel like we would concede the first decent one against us. The Sterling observations are still the same, I never felt like he’d score his one on one. Rashford I still feel could be a top top player, but he needs a coach and a run of games. Dier was solid perhaps his little rest has helped, Kane was quite anonymous but was still involved in the 2 big moments that swung the match our way. Chilwell did take some average set pieces, but considering what he’d be up against and how many Rose and Davies take I think he’d fit in just fine. Midfield selection was a surprise but Emirates Marketing Project’s 3rd choice left back is still an upgrade on Henderson for me.

Has been good for our players, none of them played the full 90 twice and the wins should help keep momentum.

Still a pleasure to watch Luka, I think he could play until he’s 40.

No hate for Beckham here, but I do dislike Rooney. Mainly because he could have been one of the best in the world if he'd picked the correct Ronaldo's fitness regime to follow.

That is in an interesting take for sure. I was at Goodison when he made his full debut against us, and frankly, thought he had the “physique” of a 28 year old Micky Quinn then! It is remarkable he did not balloon to current Tony Galvin proportions by the time he was 25!

But to your point I’d love to know what his conditioning regime was?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This. He worked about as hard as Berbatov on his fitness but without the natural lean shape that allowed Berba to get away with it.

Have to say that seems very fair...speaking of Berba, jesus, what a talent! You do wonder how much better he could’ve been had he given more of an overall brick?!!! His goal at Charlton away from the halfway line was just genius...so many moments...

That is in an interesting take for sure. I was at Goodison when he made his full debut against us, and frankly, thought he had the “physique” of a 28 year old Micky Quinn then! It is remarkable he did not balloon to current Tony Galvin proportions by the time he was 25!

But to your point I’d love to know what his conditioning regime was?

Beer and fags by the look of the paparazzi shots in the off-season. Same as in Quinn's day.

My MOTM would've been Delph and this is coming from someone who thought he was better off retiring after the WC. I thought he looked like a complete midfielder tonight and a much better option than Henderson. I think perhaps he's another who fits better in this shape than any of the previous iterations.

Dier for me did his defensive duties well, but I cringed at some of his first touches tonight. The ball just seemed to sit up every time he took a first touch and in the league, he'd be pressed instantly off of some of those. Barkley and Sterling were both guilty of holding on to the ball at times.

Back