• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Future food and surviving the zombie apocalapse

There's a Waitrose in Chichester, it's just not in the middle of the city. M&S is therefore I shop there.

This place is going downhill though. I spotted a tattoo studio the other day and apparently there's a vape shop somewhere near here.

I drive through Old Oxted the other day, that place seems nice. Might consider moving there, but I'm worried I might be able to smell Croydon from there.
There is a Manuka though:rolleyes:......i'd be mortgage free if my mrs didn't go in there.

Sounds like Petworth would be right up your street:D

There's a Waitrose in Chichester, it's just not in the middle of the city. M&S is therefore I shop there.

This place is going downhill though. I spotted a tattoo studio the other day and apparently there's a vape shop somewhere near here.

I drive through Old Oxted the other day, that place seems nice. Might consider moving there, but I'm worried I might be able to smell Croydon from there.

Went down as soon as I left. We were in the witterings though so a bit more up market and exclusive then you, as you would expect really.

Would you eat this meat?
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...try-sustainable-affordable-solution-lab-grown

I honestly think this is will be the way we mass produce meat in the future but it might take a generational mindset shift to see true mass adoption. I imagine down the road if you order a drone delivery from your local Sainsburys depot it won't just be organic/non-organic produce choices, but meat products also categorised as 'lab grown' or 'live animal' on offer.

Would you eat this meat?
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...try-sustainable-affordable-solution-lab-grown

I honestly think this is will be the way we mass produce meat in the future but it might take a generational mindset shift to see true mass adoption. I imagine down the road if you order a drone delivery from your local Sainsburys depot it won't just be organic/non-organic produce choices, but meat products also categorised as 'lab grown' or 'live animal' on offer.
If it's unrecognisable from real meat, of course. If it's an inferior product like Quorn or electric cars, then it will have a way to go yet.

If it's unrecognisable from real meat, of course. If it's an inferior product like Quorn or electric cars, then it will have a way to go yet.
They'll get there I presume, or close enough that most people won't give a fudge. Strangly I think it will be the fact that we are no longer eating a dead animal that will slow it's adoption.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-beef-steak-revealed-but-the-taste-needs-work

I see you dropped electric cars in there. Herself drives one and it is fantastic. I love driving it. The acceleration is ridiculous. I'm never buying another petrol car.

They'll get there I presume, or close enough that most people won't give a fudge. Strangly I think it will be the fact that we are no longer eating a dead animal that will slow it's adoption.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-beef-steak-revealed-but-the-taste-needs-work

I see you dropped electric cars in there. Herself drives one and it is fantastic. I love driving it. The acceleration is ridiculous. I'm never buying another petrol car.
Driving an electric car is like fudging a sex doll. It does all the stuff it's supposed to and often stuff the real thing can't/won't but it will never be the real thing.

If a car doesn't tinkle off envirocyclisttossers then it's not a car.

Last edited:
Driving an electric car is like fudging a sex doll. It does all the stuff it's supposed to and often stuff the real thing can't/won't but it will never be the real thing.

If a car doesn't tinkle of envirocyclisttossers then it's not a car.
LOL. I knew you'd weight in with some Clarkson flimflam like that. Don't worry there will always be a place for those who fear progress. They'll let you drive your antiques on enviromentally controlled track somewhere.

LOL. I knew you'd weight in with some Clarkson flimflam like that. Don't worry there will always be a place for those who fear progress. They'll let you drive your antiques on enviromentally controlled track somewhere.
I'm perfectly happy with progress. I'd like electric cars to become what real cars are one day but they're a long way away right now.

Real world range at anything like a proper speed is terrible, the batteries ruin handling, don't know if it's restrictions or design but they're all (other than the McLaren) hideous, and most of all, they tell everyone who can see you that you're driving an electric car.

The latter may seem like a small issue, but cars, almost as much as clothing and hairstyles, tell the world a lot about a person. There are certain impressions that I would not want to give to people, driving a Tesla would do that.

I'm perfectly happy with progress. I'd like electric cars to become what real cars are one day but they're a long way away right now.

Real world range at anything like a proper speed is terrible, the batteries ruin handling, don't know if it's restrictions or design but they're all (other than the McLaren) hideous, and most of all, they tell everyone who can see you that you're driving an electric car.

The latter may seem like a small issue, but cars, almost as much as clothing and hairstyles, tell the world a lot about a person. There are certain impressions that I would not want to give to people, driving a Tesla would do that.
An electric car majority on the road is far closer than you think. Every car manufacturer is prety much working towards that now. As to the range, it is doubling year on year as batteries improve and it's already nearly a non-issue for newer models. As for the image they portray, Ill give you that for the older models. The new ones like say the iPace look pretty good to me. Sissoko drives one I believe.

Don't worry you can't, Oxted is the way forward no plebs there

Growing food is overated and silly unless you have space to grow in a rotation system otherwise you get it all at the same time and only at one time which means you go hungry for most of the rest of the time.

An electric car majority on the road is far closer than you think. Every car manufacturer is prety much working towards that now. As to the range, it is doubling year on year as batteries improve and it's already nearly a non-issue for newer models. As for the image they portray, Ill give you that for the older models. The new ones like say the iPace look pretty good to me. Sissoko drives one I believe.
I see what you're up to.

The range is still an issue. Even newer models can't travel any useful distance at real world speeds.

The iPace isn't terrible, and when the likes of Jag start getting involved then you know the market will eventually turn. I'd still hang my head if someone saw me getting in or out of one and asked if my car was electric.

I see what you're up to.

The range is still an issue. Even newer models can't travel any useful distance at real world speeds.

The iPace isn't terrible, and when the likes of Jag start getting involved then you know the market will eventually turn. I'd still hang my head if someone saw me getting in or out of one and asked if my car was electric.
I have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

The new ones are fine up to 300 miles or so between charges if you don't go mad. Next year you could probably at another 100 onto that. or maybe more. Maybe not suited for long haul trips but getting there. They are faster as well. The one I have has a limiter to stop the thing from going too fast. If I turn it off it pins me to the seat. Access to the full torque of the motor from a stop. Anyway, just keep your old petrol car to drive to your steam punk meetings so they'll never know.

The iPace looks great. I might try to get one in a few years when they've ironed out the V1 kinks (and I can afford it!).

I have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

The new ones are fine up to 300 miles or so between charges if you don't go mad. Next year you could probably at another 100 onto that. or maybe more. Maybe not suited for long haul trips but getting there. They are faster as well. The one I have has a limiter to stop the thing from going too fast. If I turn it off it pins me to the seat. Access to the full torque of the motor from a stop. Anyway, just keep your old petrol car to drive to your steam punk meetings so they'll never know.

The iPace looks great. I might try to get one in a few years when they've ironed out the V1 kinks (and I can afford it!).
I suspect we have different ideas of what going mad is.

Unless I've left too early (rare) I set my cruise control at 99mph on my GPS (about 106-108 on the dash) on longer runs. Tesla don't publish range graphs past 80-85mph but even at that I wouldn't get to London and back on a charge. That's without taking into account hitting the throttle hard at junctions to avoid being stuck behind slow (literally and figuratively) people.

I've driven both the hybrid and the real version of the E Class, and the extra power doesn't nearly make up for the handling costs caused by the batteries and having a higher centre of gravity. I doubt I'll even drive an electric car - I'll probably buy one when they're properly autonomous and I can work whilst driving. That way I won't care how long it takes to get where I'm going.

I suspect we have different ideas of what going mad is.

Unless I've left too early (rare) I set my cruise control at 99mph on my GPS (about 106-108 on the dash) on longer runs. Tesla don't publish range graphs past 80-85mph but even at that I wouldn't get to London and back on a charge. That's without taking into account hitting the throttle hard at junctions to avoid being stuck behind slow (literally and figuratively) people.

I've driven both the hybrid and the real version of the E Class, and the extra power doesn't nearly make up for the handling costs caused by the batteries and having a higher centre of gravity. I doubt I'll even drive an electric car - I'll probably buy one when they're properly autonomous and I can work whilst driving. That way I won't care how long it takes to get where I'm going.
From reading that post I know we have different ideas of what going mad is.

Back