• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

That's what would have happened if May hadn't called the GE and lost her majority.

I'd absolutely go for it, but then I think its time to decolonialise Ireland anyway
Wasn’t suggesting it was your,choice only that the UK government decided it was not possible, if they thought it was the backstop irrelevant

What are the odds being offered on next Tory leader?

As speculation continues over Conservative MPs submitting letters of no confidence in the PM to the 1922 Committee, who do the bookmakers think might succeed Theresa May if a vacancy arises?

Dominic Raab - 5/1

Sajid Javid - 11/2

Boris Johnson - 6/1

Michael Gove - 17/2

Jeremy Hunt - 17/2

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 17/2

David Davis - 17/2

*Odds worked out taking the average from six bookmakers

The £39bn Mogg refers to was for previous financial commitments made- pensions for EU officials, money promised to Syrian refugees, loan guarantees to Greece and Ukraine,, migration schemes, etc. It is not a payment for favourable withdrawal conditions.

Perhaps. However Chukka Umuna seemed to be taking a similar line to Mogg yesterday. Purely opportunistically, of course.

Javid and Hunt seem the two obvious ones. Some experience in one of the big 4 offices and kind of centrally positioned in the party (technically remainers, but with much stronger leave sympathies, and both more socially liberal, than May). Raab is probably too leaver to make the final two (though might carry the members vote if others drop out) and has the least charism.

You need some tracking chips and an agreed sampling checking rate at the origin and destination facilities. Parcelforce++. Perfectly within the intellectual wit of a species that has a permanently inhabited international space station.
As I said, nonsence.

Chishti resigns as Conservatives' vice-chairman

Rehman Chishti, the MP for Gillingham and Rainham, has announced his resignation as vice-chairman of the Conservative Party and also trade envoy to Pakistan.

Mr Chishti cites both the draft withdrawal agreement and the "lack of leadership" shown by the government in the Asia Bibi case.

I'm no fan of May as I've made clear on this forum a number of times. But don't these people realise that if they go ahead with trying to overthrow May, we're going to end up with Corbyn?

Withdrawal Agreement cannot be reopened - EU official

Adam Fleming

Brussels reporter

A (very) senior EU official has suggested that the draft Withdrawal Agreement cannot be reopened, either by Westminster or the member states, saying: "We think we've exhausted our margin for manoeuvre."

"People who want changes will also have to take responsibility for the effect on the process."

European Council president Donald Tusk has appeared to express the hope that Brexit could still be averted.

"The EU is prepared for a final deal with the United Kingdom in November," he told a news conference in Brussels.

"We are also prepared for a no-deal scenario but of course we are best prepared for a no-Brexit scenario."

Or didn't believe there would be good faith on the other side. Boxing us into EEA has always been the EU's prime objective.
Incidentally the reason the EU are insisting on a backstop is due to bad faith, likewise we could have specific requirements if we were confident

I'm no fan of May as I've made clear on this forum a number of times. But don't these people realise that if they go ahead with trying to overthrow May, we're going to end up with Corbyn?
I imagine they think it's more likely to get corbyn by her staying in

If they had renaged on it and that would have had far worse consequences for any and all future negotations.

Agree. The money and citizens rights should not be back on the table. It's only managing the Irish border and the distance we need re 'level playing field'/regulatory alignment that leavers need to push for.

May resignation announcement at 5pm?

Nah, it's the press conference she promised yesterday and which MPs got shirty about. Will be the same sort of questions and answers as she had this morning, really, with maybe a bit more on the ministerial resignations.

It's also the reason that Brady has been hiding away and refusing to open his letters until tomorrow.

Back