• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Ha-ha, who do United think they're kidding? Those attendance stats are guaranteed one-hundred-percent fake.

Got away with taking the mugs at the Beeb for a ride there - presumably because they cannot afford to sue.

It has been different that's for sure. Didn't have to travel quite as far, but that was the only plus to it all. The 20 minute train ride from Ickenham was tedious if we didnt win.
The worst part of it all was actually getting into the ground, far too long ,most of the time, then almost another 10 mins via the escalators if you were in the 3rd tier.

Cant wait until the new season comes around and fingers crossed we are in our new home. I know all the feedback is positive, but sorry, I am still not totally convinced it will be ready. Still looks far too much to do for me, but hopefully that is the eternal pessimist in me. (Comes with 40+ years of supporting Tottenham)

Perhaps you should have sat next to Levy when he told the League that the ground be ready on Sept 15th .....a raised eyebrow or two or a big sigh in his eyeline lol.
So will we in top 4 this season.....a trophy perhaps ?? Pessimistic this time again??

Perhaps you should have sat next to Levy when he told the League that the ground be ready on Sept 15th .....a raised eyebrow or two or a big sigh in his eyeline lol.
So will we in top 4 this season.....a trophy perhaps ?? Pessimistic this time again??

I think it might well depend on how long we stay at Wembley. They way we are dilly-dallying about an opening date, I can see the FA saying enough is enough, we are there for the rest of the season, and that's that.

The fact we are actually 4th having played 5/7 away and hardly played more than an hours-worth of good football is amazing and gives me hope another Top 4 is well within reach, but Pochettino must be backed in January if he has targets

A trophy, sadly not. League and CL, even the most optimistic Spurs fans cant honestly believe we can truly win either, that's why I get annoyed we sometimes dont seem treat the League Cup as something worth winning. And as with the FA Cup a lot depends on the draw. Although last season we got probably the best set of draws we could have hoped for, plus a semi-final at 'home' and still fell short.

Agree...we make very hard work of things, i thought we should do 'something' in the League Cup this year at least,but now because of the who ha of the stadium we've got to play Monday,Wednesday/Thursday and Saturday/Sunday, and on now on top of that away to the Spammers,whove sort of found a winning combination now.....sigh.... Who knows an Europa Cup final with the Goons lol...

With the stadium we should have all agreed two years full stop,if it was ready before then play some fa cup games,testimonials or something and if we got third in the Champs League, europa cup games...plus fix all the snags that would have cropped up.

Agree...we make very hard work of things, i thought we should do 'something' in the League Cup this year at least,but now because of the who ha of the stadium we've got to play Monday,Wednesday/Thursday and Saturday/Sunday, and on now on top of that away to the Spammers,whove sort of found a winning combination now.....sigh.... Who knows an Europa Cup final with the Goons lol...

With the stadium we should have all agreed two years full stop,if it was ready before then play some fa cup games,testimonials or something and if we got third in the Champs League, europa cup games...plus fix all the snags that would have cropped up.

Why have 2 years away if you can get in sooner?

Im much happier as a ST holder *hopefully* moving in at Christmas than i would have been having 2 full seasons at Wembley - even with the pain in the arse with ticketing that has come about from the delays.

Once we're in and playing games all this nonsense will be behind us and forgotten about

Im much happier as a ST holder *hopefully* moving in at Christmas than i would have been having 2 full seasons at Wembley - even with the pain in the arse with ticketing that has come about from the delays.

Once I'm a in and playing games all this nonsense will be behind us and forgotten about

Well on the practical side,we'd have played Watford at home instead of away in the League,played Emirates Marketing Project at the right time or a fixture away at the right time,Watford home again in the league cup,west ham in the cup,we could have played a near full strength side now we got to mess around with the side. The premier league could impose points penalty if the ground aint ready by xmas,they said from the start we were not allowed to play at two stadiums in a season,who knows what will happen there.
Plus we'd have wouldnt have had all the negative stories about the new staduim,the gliches,the hold ups,and all the other bricky stories that the press dragged up.Apart from that can't wait to get in.

Once I'm a in and playing games all this nonsense will be behind us and forgotten about

ST holders who live on local train lines north of WHL or near the ground have a right to be annoyed.
ST holders of us who come from other parts of London, although we all hate Wembley and whole thing is sh*t its not inconveniencing us really.

Agree, stadium will open, media will say best stadium in the country, and in 10yrs time nobody will mention it was 2 months late.

Looking forward to another club building on same footprint and see how that goes, shame chelsea didnt go ahead with their 4yr plan

ST holders who live on local train lines north of WHL or near the ground have a right to be annoyed.
ST holders of us who come from other parts of London, although we all hate Wembley and whole thing is sh*t its not inconveniencing us really.

Agree, stadium will open, media will say best stadium in the country, and in 10yrs time nobody will mention it was 2 months late.

Looking forward to another club building on same footprint and see how that goes, shame chelsea didnt go ahead with their 4yr plan

Im annoyed with the delay of course - my point was more that being at Wembley for 1.5 years is better than 2 years in response to the suggestion that we should have just said 2 from the beginning, if we thought a year was achievable then why write off another year? Especially when supporters were quite clear 2 years away was not wanted.

I think Wembley is affecting the team a little bit now. First half there was no encouragment from the 'Home' support. Compare it to old WHL under lights with the crowd ontop of the pitch. An intimidating home atmosphere adds a little extra to the team's spirits and confidence especially when players are a little tired/ half injured.

It's not a bad fall back while our gaff is sorted, but the atmosphere is dreaful. What happen to people singing? I hope we can rediscover our voice in NWHL.

Im annoyed with the delay of course - my point was more that being at Wembley for 1.5 years is better than 2 years in response to the suggestion that we should have just said 2 from the beginning, if we thought a year was achievable then why write off another year? Especially when supporters were quite clear 2 years away was not wanted.

Maybe Levy has been a crafty bugger all along, knowing it would take this much longer than one season to build. But if he told the PL that up front, they might have insisted on a second season at Wembley and the new house, and all its lovely expanded revenue streams, would remain shut until next summer.

By getting them to think it would be a Sept. opening and then being able to blame the delay on screw ups or sabotage or supply chain interruptions, he was able to wangle this very flexible extension (ooh, matron) after not meeting the second anticipated opening date.

Now, by all accounts, the stadium is looking likelier than ever to open in January and the league has been 'Levy-ed' into a compromise they never would have granted up front. Spurs will enjoy the benefit of playing extra second half fixtures in their spectacular new home to a roaring, adoring audience, belching craft beer burps and farting fragrant fromage-fumed fucque you's to all the critics.

And our Danny Boy will be pink with pleasure totting up the sums.

There should be Cat A and Cat C and thats it
8016637.jpg

There should be Cat A and Cat C and thats it
Should be Cat C for remaining EPL games at Wembley but restricted to people who’ve been members for at least a couple of months imho... been turgid atmosphere at most Wembley games I’ve attended this season, due to high proportion of day trippers who are more interested in taking selfies than the football.

I've decided to go against my Wembley apathy and have got tickets for the next few games

As much as I detest Wembley and everything that goes with it, I'm missing watching Spurs more now so going to suck it up and go

I've only been twice this year Liverpool & Barcelona, lowest times I've been in a season for about 20 years

Mind you I would have gone to Chelsea & United had it not been for a knee op and recovery

Back