• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Agree with most of that, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest Lloris should be on higher wages than Eriksen. He is arguably a storm trooper mutiny pal, we don’t have anyone who could replace him....

As captain I think Hugo should be highest earner.
We are more than a one man team and I personally think Erikson importance to us is over played.
This squad is more than the some of its parts, the only player IMHO we would really struggle to replace is Harry.

I agree with tiers although I'd have Harry in a class of his own and would have Eriksen second. Lloris and Jan paid around the same level as Dele, but as defenders they'd earn a bit less than attackers, but earn more because they're older...

I've never really understood the defenders should earn less thing, there's no point banging them in one end to concede more at the other.
A forward should cost more, I understand that, but in wages I don't get it.
There are exceptions of course and I think we fall into that, but was Wright more importantly to arsenal than Adams, or van nistelroy more important to man u than Rio?

We are more than a one man team and I personally think Erikson importance to us is over played.
This squad is more than the some of its parts, the only player IMHO we would really struggle to replace is Harry.
I don’t agree Kane is the one we struggle to replace, has been proved when Kane was injured we actually had a better record without him for that 2-3 month period. Not that would prefer him to not be here obviously. But whenever Eriksen has been out it has been evident of what we miss - he sees and executes passes noone else can in our team, and very few in the world can.

As for Hugo being captain I dont agree that means he automatically means he earns more but fair enough....

Yet without Harry we still score goals, but without Eriksen we struggle to create?

Still not sure why we haven’t pulled him from the Denmark squad if he’s not fit enough to start a league game for us.

He probably wants to play for his country. Good for him.
I hate this club before country gonad*s.
Save me from idiot football fans.

Yet without Harry we still score goals, but without Eriksen we struggle to create?
And yet without Erikson for most of the start of the season we've had our best ever start.
Not saying that because Eriksen isn't in the team we've had our best ever start, but I think that stat and yours show what I'm saying, we aren't that reliant on one player.
It obviously goes deeper than that, at the moment for instance we aren't just missing Eriksen but dele and son. Our poor displays aren't down to Eriksen alone being missing.

Mate seriously, it’s Barcelona....take those spectacles off for a minute. That ‘bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core’ still managed to outplay us, Eriksen is entering the prime days of his career and has won nothing with us, and The Nou Camp is a special stadium to play at. He’s content here, but don’t delude yourself into thinking our new stadium makes us a more attractive club than Barca....

My premise is that we're rapidly becoming a more attractive club, located in one of the world's great cities, playing at the top end of the world's best league. This is where many players want to be. I look at what we're building and try not to submit to the many foregone conclusions that used to surround us.

As for Barca's "special stadium", 16th place Betis Balompie just beat them there. Scored four.

A lot of the time its not the baseline figure that the issue, its likely he will be happy with £180k - the issues arise in the details.

What loyalty bonuses does he get? When? Up front or piecemeal?

What about appearance, goal, assist bonuses?

What about image rights?

What about exit clauses? Contract extensions (we know Levy loves these)?

I imagine that a broad deal is already agreed, but it will be in the details like this where things are held up.

My premise is that we're rapidly becoming a more attractive club, located in one of the world's great cities, playing at the top end of the world's best league. This is where many players want to be. I look at what we're building and try not to submit to the many foregone conclusions that used to surround us.

As for Barca's "special stadium", 16th place Betis Balompie just beat them there. Scored four.
first time they have lost at home in the league in two years.

Yeah, they're crumbling away before our eyes. I'm sure they laid on counselling for their fans.

Now watch them spank us after we beat Inter.

And yet without Erikson for most of the start of the season we've had our best ever start.
Not saying that because Eriksen isn't in the team we've had our best ever start, but I think that stat and yours show what I'm saying, we aren't that reliant on one player.
It obviously goes deeper than that, at the moment for instance we aren't just missing Eriksen but dele and son. Our poor displays aren't down to Eriksen alone being missing.

On that basis we should bin of Kane as we went on a goal scoring run last year without him

Still not sure why we haven’t pulled him from the Denmark squad if he’s not fit enough to start a league game for us.

I dont think it was about being fit, more about managing workload when recovering from injury. Poch knew Denmark would definitely play him, so left him out v Palace

On that basis we should bin of Kane as we went on a goal scoring run last year without him

That's not what I'm saying.
Also Harry is the only out and out player we have for that position so it would madness to sell him.
Every other position from goalkeepers to Am and wf we have cover. They may all play in different styles but they play in the same areas, we only have one out and out striker. Not counting llorente, he's pants :D

Harry and dele are the two I'd worry about if they left. Not just because of what they do on the pitch but the statement it would make of our intentions.

Mate seriously, it’s Barcelona....take those spectacles off for a minute. That ‘bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core’ still managed to outplay us, Eriksen is entering the prime days of his career and has won nothing with us, and The Nou Camp is a special stadium to play at. He’s content here, but don’t delude yourself into thinking our new stadium makes us a more attractive club than Barca....
Indeed... and if the virtual guarantee of silverware every season isn’t enough, I’m sure Eriksen’s agent has made him aware of the astronomical wages that Barcelona dish out...

016DE310-A9C3-46EF-AC45-41A8EB809762.jpeg

Back