• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I understand the general sentiment on being optimistic, but i don't think NOT having rose-tinted glasses when thinking that there might be some truth in the less positive aspect of the stadium build means that one is "not acting like a Spurs supporter."
Didn't mean it as criticism of the less-optimistic among us mate, just sharing my point of view and we're all practically guessing anyway

Said it before, its symptomatic of whats going on, everyone thinks there has to be some big conspiracy - there really isn't
We thought it would get done - building company said yes we are on track
When to do some health and safety tests they failed - opening got delayed

vs Conspiracy

Levy always knew it was 2 yrs - but put up some advertising in London as a hoax - then got agreement with the NFL that they would pretend the game was going ahead OR he lied to them as well, when he is trying to build a 10yr+ relationship
When leaks occurred it was the wiring - Levy and Mace set about advertising and employing extra electricians in a attempt to cover up the 2yr thing
Whilst convincing Mace who had a 2billion turnover last year, to suffer reputational damage and go along with the whole charade as he sent updates saying her was assured project was on track by contractors

People need to have a word with themselves and go outside more

I don't think the club would care whether it was open for a big game or a small one to be honest. I think the first possible game Spurs can play at the new stadium will be played there.
Yep. Opposition would be irrelevant. Even if it were a league two team in the FA cup. If the stadium is ready, we will play there. It will be filled to the brim for the first game, whoever we play.

Said it before, its symptomatic of whats going on, everyone thinks there has to be some big conspiracy - there really isn't
We thought it would get done - building company said yes we are on track
When to do some health and safety tests they failed - opening got delayed

vs Conspiracy

Levy always knew it was 2 yrs - but put up some advertising in London as a hoax - then got agreement with the NFL that they would pretend the game was going ahead OR he lied to them as well, when he is trying to build a 10yr+ relationship
When leaks occurred it was the wiring - Levy and Mace set about advertising and employing extra electricians in a attempt to cover up the 2yr thing
Whilst convincing Mace who had a 2billion turnover last year, to suffer reputational damage and go along with the whole charade as he sent updates saying her was assured project was on track by contractors

People need to have a word with themselves and go outside more
Or conspiracy #2
We have sold the club to Nike in secret but it won't be announced until the last day of the season. Nike will announce they have sold off the stadium to Nike Events Mgmt Inc for £1bn to get round FFP and announce the signings of Messi, Mbappe and Bale.

Sorry, it's been a long day.......

I suppose the longer it has to establish itself, the better?

Expensive heat lamps, in the long run, will be irrelevant if we have a pristine pitch to play on.

And, of course, those very heatlamps (and Im sure much more beside) are the reason it should do just fine over winter.

I wonder if we might end up doing some training sessions there even if not able to open for the public? To get players used to it?

I wonder if we might end up doing some training sessions there even if not able to open for the public? To get players used to it?

I think the players will quickly adapt to having 'us' train there. Doubt it would tax the pitch. My heat map would look like a dartboard bullseye. I rely on verbal communication, quick distribution and standing back to admire.

With we've had to put up with, it's the least the club can do. Beer keg at the bench would be nice.

My birthday is early December, really hoping our stadium update is a clear plan for test events and a specific move-in date.. It's the only present I want.

From what I understand for what its worth the club were extremely ambitious with its plans to open before the start of the season, being proven now with the delays which are not just electrical or safety. I know thats a stating the obvious but what the opening date of start of the season was going to offer no wiggle room on delays, its not like with all the best will in the world it was gonna be finished a month before that date, it was gonna be right to the line without delays.

What has been less than great is the PR side, not exactly been smooth but then again PR is always subjective, some love what the club come out with, others won't thats part and parcel of big company PR.

What I have been told though is that the club knew the delay was coming when they took for season ticket money etc because it gave them a safety net in terms of attendance at Wembley, refunding the difference on tickets which gave the club more confidence on filling Wembley than if they said before hand it would not be ready, no money being paid and season ticket holders deciding to not go to Wembley for the whole season

From what I understand for what its worth the club were extremely ambitious with its plans to open before the start of the season, being proven now with the delays which are not just electrical or safety. I know thats a stating the obvious but what the opening date of start of the season was going to offer no wiggle room on delays, its not like with all the best will in the world it was gonna be finished a month before that date, it was gonna be right to the line without delays.

What has been less than great is the PR side, not exactly been smooth but then again PR is always subjective, some love what the club come out with, others won't thats part and parcel of big company PR.

What I have been told though is that the club knew the delay was coming when they took for season ticket money etc because it gave them a safety net in terms of attendance at Wembley, refunding the difference on tickets which gave the club more confidence on filling Wembley than if they said before hand it would not be ready, no money being paid and season ticket holders deciding to not go to Wembley for the whole season
What were the other deadline breaking delays that weren’t the wiring on the safety systems?

What were the other deadline breaking delays that weren’t the wiring on the safety systems?

Facial cosmetics (installation of windows and roofing work), fabrication work, public areas not finished to name a couple.

Alot of work is still not finished and the public areas and hospitality areas are still being finished now. Its November 13th now I accept after the club announced the dates were not going to work that work slowed and rightly so but as I say the original date was always ambitious

Back