• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Am I missing something? Even as someone who hats the Daily Mail with a burning passion, I see no wrong in what they've wrote.

The grievance is about the uncertainty of where fixtures will take place which leads to hassle for supporters and club a like, as well as us having a pitch at Wembley which really is complete and utter brick.

Nobody is faulting us for effort, merely saying that the timescale was an extremely unrealistic one to punt for. There can be no doubting the truthlessness of that seeing as 'an electrical problem' turned our September opening into a January one despite guarantees over the summer that this would not be the case.

But what exactly do other clubs have to moan about? The rubbish pitch doesn’t help us, and the precedent helps them. The Scudamore rule was to make sure we couldn’t choose to scale up for bigger games and any away fan frustration...they’re still travelling to North London from wherever they’re coming from.

It’s a big load of nothing. Maybe it was ambitious but...so what?

But what exactly do other clubs have to moan about? The rubbish pitch doesn’t help us, and the precedent helps them. The Scudamore rule was to make sure we couldn’t choose to scale up for bigger games and any away fan frustration...they’re still travelling to North London from wherever they’re coming from.

It’s a big load of nothing. Maybe it was ambitious but...so what?

They're now running stories about us being in 'hot water' for creating the 'CL in London' advertising. I mean come the fudge on.

The media love every single minute that we're not moved into the stadium, the fudging pricks.

Just wanted to mention- England are due to play USA at Wembley in 6 days. Won't the FA have already re-laid the pitch for that game?

So, lots of people running around cleaning the seats. Now why would you do that unless they'll be used in the very near future?

Would be awesome if we’re almost there, and a few supposed ITK people have been asked to state that the date is a little further out than reality, just so we get a pleasant surprise when the first game is announced rather than the endless negative news we’ve had for months.

About 6 weeks back Poch seemed really positive, then it was pushed to January earliest, but now we’re clearly doing something there. Those lights are going to be absolutely amazing for evening games. The seats are being cleaned...dancers are all dressed up...maybe we could have tested sound and lights without needing anyone on the pitch? Maybe we are nearer than is being let on?

I can only dream.

They couldn't even get an anonymous quote. Every other club knows perfectly well that the precedent could be useful for them in future.

Thou hast found the mark.

And getting the knickers twisted about what Jenny Winsom says in Der GoonerGraph is a waste of energy.

Bless that wee corgie shagger's efforts to stir up controversy and readership, but that piece of daily fishwrap is the absolute last source one should be quoting on all matters concerning Spurs.

Tottenham warned over Champions League stadium advertisement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46143481

Futurama-Fry-Should-I-Lol-Or-Roflmao-Photo1.jpg

Are there more seats to go in in the corners? ie if you look at the south stand the on the right hand of the right hand screen there looks like an empty area, similarly on the left hand side of the left hand screen. Or is that just the outer wall?

I would think those videos of the dancing on the pitch and the lighting going off are to show to Music companies in the future for having concerts there. Its a good way to do a promo video showcasing what the stadium can do in comparison to indoor arenas and other venues.

Players and Manager being there is probably so they can see it all coming. The inside of the stadium is looking almost finished so they can start to dream about it.

If anyone has the right to complain it was the zero people who bought premium tickets at the new white hart lane just to watch the champions league games.

This advert was a massive success, controversial but created a lot of attention. Very clever.

Back