• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs PSV ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pleased with the win, obviously, and with the way we kept on and kept on until we got what we needed. I'm still unsure how we managed to take it to the death. I remember looking at the jumbotron at around the 70 minute mark and thinking this is ridiculous, we are thrashing them 0-1.
We seemed a bit panicky at times when composure might have yielded more.
I haven't read the posts here yet - does the Inter draw still leave us with a mathematical chance?

How good was Harry Winks tonight?
MOTM. Positive in everything he did, and so tenacious.
Moura played well before being taken off and I thought Eriksen had a decent game too.

Hopefully the Inter game will still mean something and we can beat them, taking it to the last game against Barca.

Edit : just seen that we do still have a chance.

I think Poch got the subs right tonight. May have left Moura on and pulled Sonny, but bringing on Llorente was the difference. Wouldnt mind seeing him do that a bit more against the teams we are struggling to break down.

Just got in. LNER can get to Doncaster in 2 hours and then, inexplicably, go around in ever decreasing circles for an hour before disappearing up their own 4rsehole that is Leeds (I like Leeds btw, I live here) :rolleyes:

Thought it was going to be one of those nights and as it turned out it was. But for the right reasons in the end :)

Good all round performance but we really need to be more clinical (was going to say "or we're going to get found out" but I think that's already happened a couple of times already this season). Shame about the late Inter goal but we still need to do what we needed to do anyway, so onwards and upwards.

MOTM? Probably Winks but mainly because he didn't mistake any errors (not that I can remember anyway).

Footnote: Hats off to the PSV fans!

A 1-0 or two goal win will give us the edge in the tie breakers if needed against Inter.

Should be a much improved atmosphere at Wembley for that game, too. I read that they only have a 21-man squad for this round due to FFP sanctions and that Gagliardini and Joao Mario, who have played well for them, are unavailable.

Hoping to hear about a taxi for someone.

A horrible evening, empty seats, flat atmosphere, players afraid to shoot, subs too late as usual, even when we got one back, I didn't see a second. I thought the team has gone backwards massively, although injuries play a big role. Sure as hell going to have to improve to beat Inter. But despite that, I guess you have to credit the team with some grit to keep fighting to the end.

C0301C90-D79B-4EDB-867E-93F552373EC1.jpeg
Just got in. LNER can get to Doncaster in 2 hours and then, inexplicably, go around in ever decreasing circles for an hour before disappearing up their own 4rsehole that is Leeds (I like Leeds btw, I live here) :rolleyes:

Thought it was going to be one of those nights and as it turned out it was. But for the right reasons in the end :)

Good all round performance but we really need to be more clinical (was going to say "or we're going to get found out" but I think that's already happened a couple of times already this season). Shame about the late Inter goal but we still need to do what we needed to do anyway, so onwards and upwards.

MOTM? Probably Winks but mainly because he didn't mistake any errors (not that I can remember anyway).

Footnote: Hats off to the PSV fans!
PSV had bloody noisy fans, and a lot mingled in amongst our supporters behind the goal

View attachment 5223
PSV had bloody noisy fans, and a lot mingled in amongst our supporters behind the goal

I was in that section, just on the other side of the goal. When they scored, we picked out a few and got them turfed! Waved goodby.

The atmosphere was so shyte (and enough spare seats) we manged to move all the way round to the other end behind the goal. Better atmosphere, everyone standing, but still not singing. People trying to get chants going, but it wasn't happening, until we scored.

Lucas certainly our best player during the time he was on but difficult to name him man of the match as he only played 60 minutes. Starting to get concerned that subs are pre-planned and being made on the basis of advice by our conditioning coaches. Certainly couldn't understand why Son, who was having one of his games when nothing quite works wasn't hooked.

Winks was consistently good throughout the game but Kane has to be MoM for the 2 late goals

Lucas certainly our best player during the time he was on but difficult to name him man of the match as he only played 60 minutes. Starting to get concerned that subs are pre-planned and being made on the basis of advice by our conditioning coaches. Certainly couldn't understand why Son, who was having one of his games when nothing quite works wasn't hooked.

Winks was consistently good throughout the game but Kane has to be MoM for the 2 late goals

I'm fine with that, I'd be more concerned about the alternatives, that performances are being misread or it's something to do with aura's.

Uefa stats show 30 shots 9 on target. Yes, 30 shots is brilliant but that ratio is poor really.

When a team is sitting and defending like they did, making clear chances is extremely difficult.

I dont disagree, we were wasteful with a lot of opportunities, but - stats always need a bit of context, dont they?

We've got a puncher's chance then, beat Inter by two goals and then just have to beat a Barca team with other priorities.
If we beat inter by 2 we just need to match their result in the last game. If PSV win we could get away with losing to Barca!

Starting to get concerned that subs are pre-planned and being made on the basis of advice by our conditioning coaches. Certainly couldn't understand why Son, who was having one of his games when nothing quite works wasn't hooked.

I think thats absolutely the case, and while the squad is depleted and the games are coming so frequently (4 in 8 days!) its the only way to go really.
Id go so far as to say I would imagine Poch DIDNT want to bring Lamela on, on the same basis, but had little choice

I'm really loving Winks at the moment. Working bloody hard but also always looking for a pass to hurt the opposition - not just trying to keep the ball for the sake of it. I hope he stays relatively injury free because Dembele is done at this level as a starter and we have no one else who can link defence to attack.

He also looks like he absolutely loves playing for us.

I thought we were excellent last night, and I knew we'd come back to win. I even bet on it, but had to wait until the 70th minute to get decent odds (6-1).
PSV defended really well, I was impressed. Obviously Winks was superb. Kane, Gazzaniga, Davies, Lamela, Lucas all good too.
I also thought we would have played a lot better without Eriksen; did any of his passes/crosses actually find one of our players? Probably, but it didn't feel like it.

I thought we were excellent last night, and I knew we'd come back to win. I even bet on it, but had to wait until the 70th minute to get decent odds (6-1).
PSV defended really well, I was impressed. Obviously Winks was superb. Kane, Gazzaniga, Davies, Lamela, Lucas all good too.
I also thought we would have played a lot better without Eriksen; did any of his passes/crosses actually find one of our players? Probably, but it didn't feel like it.

I agree - I thought we were very good last night. We absolutely battered them. We probably tried too many crosses but they completely crowded us out when we got into central positions around their box and even when we did squeeze a ball through, they still had bodies in there to get in the way because they were sat so deep. My only concern was how ropey we looked at the back on the rare occasions they broke or got a set piece. It's been happening all season and I'm not sure why but we look so fudging brittle any time we are attacked. I know we had no defensive screen in midfield last night but even when Dier or Big Vic have played, we've looked dreadful at the back. And the lack of defensive midfielder doesn't account for our incompetence at set pieces. I've no idea what's going on because it's unlike us to be this bad defensively based on the last few years.

Liked Gazza too. Wanted to smack him for the Cruyff turn but he had little in the way of options watching it back. I think that's why he was bawling people out of it just after. He's been a real find. I had him down as another Ben Alnwick but he's really contributing this season.

There have been encouraging signs in recent weeks that we're coming back a bit. Let's hope we can keep it going on Saturday evening against Palace.

Back