• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Just watch that video - any half-arsed boxer would have seen that coming and moved.

I don't think it's as easy for a boxer to do that in an mma fight as you think it is. Neither do most pro-fighters who comment on such things.

I'd love to see Mayweather have an MMA fight with McGregor. The money would be there, it'd get him another $100m. But, imo, he'd never do it because he knows he'd lose. And Mayweather is too smart to get involved in that.

I'd love to see Mayweather have an MMA fight with McGregor. The money would be there, it'd get him another $100m. But, imo, he'd never do it because he knows he'd lose. And Mayweather is too smart to get involved in that.

I don't think I would be interested in it and like you say Mayweather is too smart.

Toney was definitely a little heavy there and past his prime (though remember, Mayweather was retired for awhile before boxing McGregor) but Couture is older than Toney iirc. Toney was most certainly a top level boxer and a in a way, a bit like Mayweather (defensive, used the shoulder roll, fast hands). Eubank ducked Toney back in the day iirc.

Mate behave, Toney from when he was at the top, as Middleweight/Super Middleweight to the one you see in that clip, you seriously comparing that to Mayweather fighting and post retirement? Please

As I said no where near Mayweather level in boxing but to my knowledge I don't think there's been a higher profile MMA vs. Boxing fight in MMA.

Also unless we see it, we don't REALLY know, but a top MMA guy, who is an actual mixed martial artist with a decent wrestling/BJJ background will beat a top boxer in an MMA rules fight, I personally can't see any other outcome, same applies to a boxing rules match, the boxer will win.

McGregor vs. Mayweather in an MMA fight could be fun though, would you trust McGregor to go in and take him down and win? or would he use kicks to give him a chance to strike with Mayweather? Ego could make that fight really interesting.

As I said no where near Mayweather level in boxing but to my knowledge I don't think there's been a higher profile MMA vs. Boxing fight in MMA.

Also unless we see it, we don't REALLY know, but a top MMA guy, who is an actual mixed martial artist with a decent wrestling/BJJ background will beat a top boxer in an MMA rules fight, I personally can't see any other outcome, same applies to a boxing rules match, the boxer will win.

McGregor vs. Mayweather in an MMA fight could be fun though, would you trust McGregor to go in and take him down and win? or would he use kicks to give him a chance to strike with Mayweather? Ego could make that fight really interesting.
A real student of real martial arts (not hipster nonsense) would probably put up a decent fight. Unfortunately, what I've seen of UFC suggests they're few and far between.

Mate behave, Toney from when he was at the top, as Middleweight/Super Middleweight to the one you see in that clip, you seriously comparing that to Mayweather fighting and post retirement? Please

I didn't really mean to directly compare the two. Mayweather kept himself in amazing shape and Toney obviously let himself go. It was more to say that Mayweather wasn't necessarily a top boxer when he took the McGregor fight as he'd been out of the sport for 2 years (it was two years, right? I might be wrong). Because Scara was talking about a top boxer v an mma fighter...to be honest, the comparison with Mayweather is pretty redundant because he faught McGregor in a boxing match. Toney would have beaten Couture in a boxing match, I'm certain.

Overall, a bit of a mangled comparison on my part!

It seems Mayweather fancies fighting the fella who just beat McGregor...in the boxing ring though:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ther-khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-mma-boxing-fight

Former world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather says a fight with mixed martial arts star Khabib Nurmagomedov is “happening”.

Both Mayweather (50-0) and Nurmagomedov are (27-0) are unbeaten in their fighting careers, although the American said they would meet in the boxing ring. “He called me out, so you have to come to my world,” Mayweather told TMZ Sports on Wednesday. “I seen in an interview, he said when he hit Conor McGregor, he knocked Conor McGregor down. He said I didn’t knock him down. OK, Khabib. You got my leftovers. Whoop-dee-do.”

Mayweather retired after his last fight, in which beat another UFC star, McGregor. However, the 41-year-old said he would be willing to return to the ring to take on Nurmagomedov. “We’re fighting,” Mayweather said. “I’m my own boss. I can’t say what’s going on on Khabib’s end, but on my end we can make it happen.”

Any fight would be incredibly lucrative for both men. “When I face Khabib, I’m getting a nine-figure payday,” Mayweather said. “Yes, more than the McGregor fight. Probably $100m more, guaranteed. It could be somewhere upwards of $110m to $200m guaranteed.”

The attraction for Nurmagomedov is clear. The Russia earned $2m from his fight with McGregor but could tens of millions for a showdown with Mayweather. He is also under a temporary suspension for his part in the chaotic scenes at the end of UFC 229. After he defeated McGregor earlier this month, Nurmagomedov leapt out of the Octagon and began brawling with one of his opponent’s trainers. Members of his team also fought with McGregor.

Rumours of a fight between Nurmagomedov and Mayweather started on Sunday. In a video posted on Instagram by Mayweather CEO Leonard Ellerbe, Nurmagomedov said: “Let’s go Floyd. We have to fight now: 50-0 versus 27-0. We are two guys who never lose. [But] in the jungle there is only one king. Of course, I am the king because he cannot drop McGregor but I drop him easily. Let’s go.”

Toney was definitely a little heavy there and past his prime (though remember, Mayweather was retired for awhile before boxing McGregor) but Couture is older than Toney iirc. Toney was most certainly a top level boxer and a in a way, a bit like Mayweather (defensive, used the shoulder roll, fast hands). Eubank ducked Toney back in the day iirc.

I looked it up, Randy Couture is 5 years older than James Toney.

Btw, I hope Khabib doesn't box Mayweather, as undoubtedly lucrative as it would be for both of them. I hope he fights Tony Ferguson next.

That said, though I know Mayweather would NEVER agree to it, but I would pay to see him face Khabib under MMA rules.

I looked it up, Randy Couture is 5 years older than James Toney.

Btw, I hope Khabib doesn't box Mayweather, as undoubtedly lucrative as it would be for both of them. I hope he fights Tony Ferguson next.

That said, though I know Mayweather would NEVER agree to it, but I would pay to see him face Khabib under MMA rules.

I hope this does not happen either, be better to see the best fight the best in their own sport, Mayweather coming back is a joke in my opinion. Best left in the legacy

McGregor on Instagram

Thoughts on my last fight. Round 1. I believe from a sport standpoint, round 1 was his. Top position against the fence. Zero position advancement or damage inflicted. But top position. From a fight standpoint the first round is mine. Actual shots landed and a willingness to engage. Straight left early. Knee to the head on the low shot. Elbows in any and all tie up scenarios. Opponent just holding the legs against the fence for almost the entire round. Round 2 he is running away around the cage before being blessed with a right hand that changed the course of the round, and the fight. It was a nice shot. After the shot I bounced back up to engage instantly, but again he dipped under to disengage. That is the sport and it was a smart move that led to a dominant round, so no issue. Well played. If I stay switched on and give his stand up even a little more respect, that right hand never gets close and we are talking completely different now. I gave his upright fighting no respect in preparation. No specific stand up spars whatsoever. Attacking grapplers/wrestlers only. That won’t happen again. I also gave my attacking grappling no respect. To defense minded. Lessons. Listen to nobody but yourself on your skill set. You are the master of your own universe. I am the master of this. I must take my own advice. Round 3. After the worst round of my fighting career, I come back and win this round. Again walking forward, walking him down, and willing to engage. Round 4. My recovery was not where it could have been here. That is my fault. Although winning the early exchanges in 4, he dips under again and I end up in a bad position with over 3 on the clock. I work to regain position and end up upright, with my back to the fence. A stable position. Here however, I made a critical error of abandoning my over hook at this crucial time, exposing the back, and I end up beaten fair and square. What can I say? It was a great fight and it was my pleasure. I will be back with my confidence high. Fully prepared. If it is not the rematch right away, no problem. I will face the next in line. It’s all me always, anyway. See you soon my fighting fans I love you all ❤

Khabib Nurmagomedov: Russian UFC fighter wants Floyd Mayweather bout in Moscow

UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov says he wants to face boxing legend Floyd Mayweather in Moscow in a fight he believes will break a world record.

Mayweather told the Russian, 30, to "come into my world" after Nurmagomedov suggested he could follow in Conor McGregor's footsteps and try boxing.

Nurmagomedov says he has met with the secretary general of the Russian Boxing Federation in a bid to make it happen.

"They are sure that we will gather 100,000 spectators," he said.

In a post on Instagram, Nurmagomedov added bringing the fight to Russia would "set a world record for the sale of paid broadcasts".

"We want the fight to take place in Moscow at the legendary Luzhniki Arena," said the unbeaten mixed martial artist.

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, whose record stands at 50-0, beat McGregor in August 2017 in a fight that generated more than £450m and earned the 41-year-old American £210m.

Nurmagomedov, after defeating the Irishman on McGregor's return to UFCearlier this month to extend his own record to 27-0, then called out Mayweather himself.

Does anyone actually want to see that? Mayweather jumping on the bandwagon trying to fight a bloke who's stand up game in fairly non existent in his own sport.

Oh and I guess it's a bloody good payday for Khabib.

So Floyd Mayweather has signed up for a fight in RIZIN (Japanese MMA org, same founder as PRIDE FC) against a kickboxer. Rules yet to be determined but it's obvious there will be no takedowns and I'll venture a guess that kicking will likely be limited too.

Japan loves this kinda' brick, wouldn't fly in the UFC (then again they proper chase the $$$ now so...) but RIZIN love a silly fight with loads of rules and silly mismatches so this could be interesting at least.

So Floyd Mayweather has signed up for a fight in RIZIN (Japanese MMA org, same founder as PRIDE FC) against a kickboxer. Rules yet to be determined but it's obvious there will be no takedowns and I'll venture a guess that kicking will likely be limited too.

Japan loves this kinda' brick, wouldn't fly in the UFC (then again they proper chase the $$$ now so...) but RIZIN love a silly fight with loads of rules and silly mismatches so this could be interesting at least.

It might be interesting, I'd probably watch it. I don't see Mayweather signing up for anything where he would get badly beaten either. If he wins, I wonder if he'd then fancy a full UFC fight?

It might be interesting, I'd probably watch it. I don't see Mayweather signing up for anything where he would get badly beaten either. If he wins, I wonder if he'd then fancy a full UFC fight?

I'd doubt he would fancy a full MMA fight but who knows, UFC would likely cave in to any rules he desires because the idea of Mayweather in UFC would be a huge draw for them, I imagine.

Over in Japan they've done these kind of fights over a few promotions in the past, sometimes they've even done rules that change round by round, wouldn't be surprised if they did round 1 as a boxing match then round 2 as a kickboxing match... and so on.

I have no particular reason, but I just don't like Tony Bellew. So I hope Usyk wins.

I used to really dislike him, but I've come to both like and admire what he's done in recent years. I thought he was finished/exposed after Stevenson easily blew him away 5 years or so back, but it now looks like the weight issue had far more to do with it than I realised at the time.

As much as I admire his achievements though, there's a part of me that thinks that everything fell very neatly and conveniently into place for him to allow him to do so well, a bit like when Redknapp took over at Spurs. So maybe, just maybe, his achievements flatter him the tiniest bit. We'll find out tonight.

I'm genuinely torn though in terms of prediction because for all Usyk's advantages, it's hard to back against a winner. And Bellew is one. I'm looking forward to it.

Back