• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

I think they are you know! It’s what it says on the tin!
Thier defence is iffy but going forward they are unfortunately superb.

I mean, obviously in the sense that they have literally won ten games in a row, so you can't take that away from them. But I don't think they are Emirates Marketing Project's closest challengers or anything, I don't think they are in effect Chelsea winning 14 games in a row under Conte and storming the league...I think they are in ridiculously good form but will regress to mean. Simply because while they have good players and a good Manager, they aren't THAT good.

It's like an extended version of the New Manager Bounce. Most of their players had years playing under Wenger's freedom and Emery has given them a bit more of a plan so these players right now are exploiting that element of surprise as opposition try to figure them out. He made some smart signings and didn't try and make wholesale changes so they will be in a good position this year. With that said, I don't look at Arsenal's squad and see them as better than ourselves, Liverpool or City.

I see them fighting Chelsea for 4th. Because while Chelsea have Hazard and are also in great form, I again look at them and don't think they are as good as their form suggests. Once opposition Managers have had a chance to study them and not be so taken back by the element of surprise with their new systems, I think they will hit sticky patches.

I mean, obviously in the sense that they have literally won ten games in a row, so you can't take that away from them. But I don't think they are Emirates Marketing Project's closest challengers or anything, I don't think they are in effect Chelsea winning 14 games in a row under Conte and storming the league...I think they are in ridiculously good form but will regress to mean. Simply because while they have good players and a good Manager, they aren't THAT good.

It's like an extended version of the New Manager Bounce. Most of their players had years playing under Wenger's freedom and Emery has given them a bit more of a plan so these players right now are exploiting that element of surprise as opposition try to figure them out. He made some smart signings and didn't try and make wholesale changes so they will be in a good position this year. With that said, I don't look at Arsenal's squad and see them as better than ourselves, Liverpool or City.

I see them fighting Chelsea for 4th. Because while Chelsea have Hazard and are also in great form, I again look at them and don't think they are as good as their form suggests. Once opposition Managers have had a chance to study them and not be so taken back by the element of surprise with their new systems, I think they will hit sticky patches.

Might be a daft comment but I don’t see any of Emery’s signings being that let so far

Everything that’s been good about them ha come via the known players

Could be argued the uraguayan has made a difference but the keeper has played what 3 games now and the Greek centre back has been very poor

Beyond that his signings have been bit part players

Might be a daft comment but I don’t see any of Emery’s signings being that let so far

Everything that’s been good about them ha come via the known players

Could be argued the uraguayan has made a difference but the keeper has played what 3 games now and the Greek centre back has been very poor

Beyond that his signings have been bit part players

That's what I meant by smart signings to be honest, smart in the sense that he didn't rock the boat with the established players he already had, and anyone brought in would be willing to fight for their place and adapt to the club. As it is, a bunch of players that have stagnated under Wenger's loose management style are getting a bit of a new manager bounce from a guy that likes a bit more structure and process.

That's what I meant by smart signings to be honest, smart in the sense that he didn't rock the boat with the established players he already had, and anyone brought in would be willing to fight for their place and adapt to the club. As it is, a bunch of players that have stagnated under Wenger's loose management style are getting a bit of a new manager bounce from a guy that likes a bit more structure and process.

Could also be argued he has wasted £80m then on players not good enough for them...

Could also be argued he has wasted £80m then on players not good enough for them...
Torriera looks like a player, Sideshowbob 2 could become decent but looks like a liability now, the GK is ok, Lichtsteiner is a stop gap/squad player, but the Greek CB is pretty meh...
All in all, not bad.

Torriera looks like a player, Sideshowbob 2 could become decent but looks like a liability now, the GK is ok, Lichtsteiner is a stop gap/squad player, but the Greek CB is pretty meh...
All in all, not bad.

It’s all potential or stop gaps
But it was in response to my earlier comments that none of their new signings are the players that are making the difference currently... it’s the ones that wenger signed for mega money in some cases

All valid speculation.
I just said is they have won 10 on the bounce and they are looking very good going forward.
As for the future, I still see us fighting for fourth with a bit of luck along the way.

Same old ARSEnal...

Think that died in 2005. They then slipped to into a bit of coma and wasted so much potential.
Underlined by us catching them up and on occasions overtaking them. The years under David Dein's stewardship have been largely squandered.

Spurs must guard against doing the same in the coming seasons and waste Levy excellent management of the club of the last 17 or so years.
We must not sleepwalk into a similar 'Wenger' period of inactivity. It was not down to Arsen, more state of the doldrums at the top.
I personally think we will need to look for outside investment to maintain any upward movement in the City era of the EPL.

PS It gives me no pleasure thinking of big investor coming in, but I see little alternative has things stand in the 2018 EPL

Last edited:

I guess, but I’m a big believer in squad harmony, playing players that are settled in the club and the league etc, so I think Emery was smart in not trying to rip everything up in his first summer. He thought that getting these players some strategy and structure would see big improvements and that is what has happened.

I guess, but I’m a big believer in squad harmony, playing players that are settled in the club and the league etc, so I think Emery was smart in not trying to rip everything up in his first summer. He thought that getting these players some strategy and structure would see big improvements and that is what has happened.

Yep, he’s copied Poch there.

This is unbelievably crass

DqbNp-bWoAAYOiN.jpg

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/charity-jewellery/football-club-poppy-pins.html

Spurs, Wolves and Watford not represented. Either concerned about taste or brand protection. Probably the latter.

The year stamp to prevent sneaky reuse is a lovely touch.

Back