• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Results comparison 18/19 to 17/18

We've never had it so good.

Can't ever remember a better time for Spurs fans. Talented, exciting team, fabulous new stadium about to open, training centre that tops anything out there with young talent abounding. Great runs in Europe with wins over huge clubs. Or even gutsy losses.

We are simply gorgeous.

Negative Nancies versus the Happy Clappers!!!

Who will win, Ding Ding, round two!!!!

We've never had it so good.

Can't ever remember a better time for Spurs fans. Talented, exciting team, fabulous new stadium about to open, training centre that tops anything out there with young talent abounding. Great runs in Europe with wins over huge clubs. Or even gutsy losses.

We are simply gorgeous.
Indeed, our biggest problems are that our wonderkids cannot break into the first team because the first team is so good, ditto affordable new signings, woe is me!

What worries me is we have only for the majority played, and beaten, the utter dross. And only just.

When we’ve played anyone half decent, we’ve lost.

The fixtures so far for us have been very ‘england World Cup’ in terms of easy pickings.
If we beat all the teams below us and lose to all the teams above us that would put us in the hunt, actually. So that's not a bad thing. I'd take 30 wins and 8 losses any season.

If we beat all the teams below us and lose to all the teams above us that would put us in the hunt, actually. So that's not a bad thing. I'd take 30 wins and 8 losses any season.
It would. Except we.are.not doing that.

We’re squeaking by the bottom four and an on strike Man U, then losing to anyone in the top half!

It would. Except we.are.not doing that.

We’re squeaking by the bottom four and an on strike Man U, then losing to anyone in the top half!
Don't let the fact that we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Cardiff, and Brighton by a solitary goal fool you. We were well on top in all these games. And we should have taken care of Watford too, but were undone by two set pieces. That's not squeaking by.

Don't let the fact that we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Cardiff, and Brighton by a solitary goal fool you. We were well on top in all these games. And we should have taken care of Watford too, but were undone by two set pieces. That's not squeaking by.

I agree but the squeaking suits a narrative

We haven’t lucked out the results we have had as simply put I don’t remember our keepers getting MOTM or a defender for that matter so we haven’t been great defensively yet still won

What worries me is we have only for the majority played, and beaten, the utter dross. And only just.

When we’ve played anyone half decent, we’ve lost.

The fixtures so far for us have been very ‘england World Cup’ in terms of easy pickings.

Considering we've been in the top three the past three seasons, most teams we play are utter dross compared to us, and we should be beating them (and you can only beat what's in front of you etc). Let's say we only beat the teams from table position 6-20, home and away, that would give us a healthy 90 points. Not too shabby. ;)

We should reasonably have expected to have won against Watford and to have scored more goals against the others, therefore we are not squeaking by? Looks to me like evidence of the opposite.

Considering we've been in the top three the past three seasons, most teams we play are utter dross compared to us, and we should be beating them (and you can only beat what's in front of you etc). Let's say we only beat the teams from table position 6-20, home and away, that would give us a healthy 90 points. Not too shabby. ;)
I was working off what’s actually happened in so far of us beating the bottom four - once each so far. Equalling 12 points gained.

But if you’re confident on current form that we”re going to beat them all once again, plus another 11 teams - twice (including going back and replaying two of those teams we’ve already lost to and having those defeats turned into victories), then all I can say is...

Want to buy London Bridge off me? ;-)

We should reasonably have expected to have won against Watford and to have scored more goals against the others, therefore we are not squeaking by? Looks to me like evidence of the opposite.

Agreed. We”ve been absolute sh1te in all those games!!!

How many after game commentaries have (quite accurately) said recently “Spurs sleep walked their way to victory today” :)

Agreed. We”ve been absolute sh1te in all those games!!!

How many after game commentaries have (quite accurately) said recently “Spurs sleep walked their way to victory today” :)

Even when we used to … it was usually "Spurs didn't look convincing"

Points compared to corresponding fixtures:

+8 Watford
+7 Wolverhampton, ARSEnal
+6
+5
Chelsea
+4
+3
Tottenham, Everton
+2 Liverpool
+1 Emirates Marketing Project
0 Fulham, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Palace
-1 West Ham
-2 Brighton, Leicester
-3 Southampton, Cardiff, Burnley
Manchester United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Points compared to 9 games last season:

+10 Bournemouth, Liverpool
+9
+8
+7
Wolverhampton, Everton
+6
+5
Chelsea, ARSEnal
+4 Crystal Palace
+3 Leicester
+2
+1
Tottenham, Watford
0 Brighton
-1 West Ham
-2 Emirates Marketing Project
-3 Cardiff
Burnley, Fulham
-6 Manchester United, Southampton
Huddersfield
Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Wolves = Swansea
Fulham = WBA
Cardiff = Stoke

Last edited:
Looking at it, we have not been anywhere near our best at all this season so if we can keep grinding out these results, we could really do something big when we eventually hit form.

Last edited:
Apologies if this nagging stat has already been posted, but following the gooner's win last night it now transpires that all 7 of our PL victories have come against teams currently in the bottom half of the table whereas our two defeats have been to clubs in the top half.

Apologies if this nagging stat has already been posted, but following the gooner's win last night it now transpires that all 7 of our PL victories have come against teams currently in the bottom half of the table whereas our two defeats have been to clubs in the top half.
That applies to the goons. We have beaten Ununited though, who are in the top half, so that "nagging" stat is wrong.

Back