• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Personally I’d prefer not to have Barios in our squad and to keep with what we have. Somehow I think you’d be happy to sign him simply because it means we sign someone though?

Haha, We have enough meh players in the squad as it is:D

In any case, if we were really interested in this guy in the summer we would have signed him then to actually make an impact on the CURRENT season.
My point is that our club have often stated very publically that January is a 'bad time to do business' so i cannot see them doing anything when they did no business in the summer. Can you think of a time when we did more in a January window than the previous summer?

Like i say, i think people should heed the history and reality of how we operate

My main disappointment wasn't getting any youth talents more than trying to buy some superstar massive money signing, the odd 500k lower league prospect. I guess clubs will perhaps raise the price considering how well we have done on these types of moves, knowing we must be in for them for good reason.

My main disappointment wasn't getting any youth talents more than trying to buy some superstar massive money signing, the odd 500k lower league prospect. I guess clubs will perhaps raise the price considering how well we have done on these types of moves, knowing we must be in for them for good reason.
I think we have some good ones developing already.
KWP
Foyth
Skipp

Winks and Sanchez already in the team.
Dier and Alli only just coming out of the early first team development stage.
Don't want to overload with youth.

Striker is an area to look at I think, although I wonder if we are happy with Son as Kane back up and are keeping an eye on the Irish kid we have, see what he does this year and next.

Personally I’d prefer not to have Barios in our squad and to keep with what we have. Somehow I think you’d be happy to sign him simply because it means we sign someone though?

I think if, for arguments sake, Wanyama is deemed to never return to his best, we will look to replace him.

And would indeed look to replace him with someone like Barrios.

Barrios had a poor WC (I remember one decent game, and a couple really bad?) but he has the sort of attributes that would appeal and is young enough to improve vastly with coaching.

As memory serves he hasnt been playing that role long.

All ifs and buts of course, just saying its possible we could well be in for someone of his ilk.

It's moaning with plenty of the fan base, that's true but to be fair, it's also just observations by the many...Some of our players are not performing anywhere near to their full abilities.... Simple passes going astray, lack of awareness. Then there's Llorente and his unwillingness to make a sprint and press the opponent with the ball. All this when being put on the field of play with just five minutes to go!

Was he Ukranian or Russian?

Though its not like Russians have been a particular success either.

A bit early to write off Yarmolenko, he's looked decent so far (and extra credit for doing so in a rubbish team)

Was he Ukranian or Russian?

Though its not like Russians have been a particular success either.

A bit early to write off Yarmolenko, he's looked decent so far (and extra credit for doing so in a rubbish team)

Kanchelskis was ethnic Lithuanian, born to Ukraine, but picked Russian nationality after the collapse of the USSR.

I've never been convinced by Yarmolenko, but being made of glass kind of counts as flopping too

Back