• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

West Ham are doing much better since he got injured. A hilarious waste of money as there's no way the three dildos were clever enough to put him on a pay as you play deal.

Only saw MOTD highlights, so know very well its hardly the most informed opinion - but - is it me or is Lamela looking like the player he has only ever shown in fleeting glances before?

For years now, there has always been a sense of the player he "could be", but wasnt. I dont mind admitting I was reaching the point where I doubted he would ever step up. Not writing him off, a valuable player in the squad regardless, but thinking he wouldnt reach that extra level.

This season though, particularly in recent weeks, he is looking like "that" player, isnt he?

Yea I think this season we are seeing the player we thought we were buying. He’s had loads of genuine injury and personal problems since arriving, so maybe now he’s in a “better place” mentally, certainly seems fitter now anyway.

It's now been proven. Lamela can play center forward ...Keep him for large parts of the game, between the opponent's sticks and he will get goals..

Yea I think this season we are seeing the player we thought we were buying. He’s had loads of genuine injury and personal problems since arriving, so maybe now he’s in a “better place” mentally, certainly seems fitter now anyway.

It's taken 5 years, we can never accuse the club of inpatients that's for sure!
Sissoko smiles!

Only saw MOTD highlights, so know very well its hardly the most informed opinion - but - is it me or is Lamela looking like the player he has only ever shown in fleeting glances before?

For years now, there has always been a sense of the player he "could be", but wasnt. I dont mind admitting I was reaching the point where I doubted he would ever step up. Not writing him off, a valuable player in the squad regardless, but thinking he wouldnt reach that extra level.

This season though, particularly in recent weeks, he is looking like "that" player, isnt he?

He was at the centre of most of our good stuff. Not afraid to get on the ball and drifted all over the place, and I love the fact he does the dirty work aswell. I think he's enjoying the added responsibility with Dele and CE out.

One thing to note with him - mainstream media seem to have picked up on his form but keep quoting X amount of goals/assists in X amount of games. Worth remembering up until Saturday he'd only actually played 87 minutes in the league this season. Not even 1 full game.

His numbers are unreal if you do mins (rather than games) per assist/goal.

I'm enjoying watching him - long may it continue.

Last edited:
Can we remove “Pamela”? Bit disrespectful for the best player in the world.

If you need a funny title use Lemegend or something

I wholeheartedly agree with you , total disrespect..I blame them GHod damn confused pinko liberal Mods and their genderist agendas ;)

Not sure why but it's now Derek, which I suppose is an improvement....If we have to play around with his name I'd go with, Erik Lamessi!

Back