• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Certainly had the beating of the only PL player I've seen who is worse than him.
He was better.
But he’s got a lot making up to do!
That's it for me. He was better today than he usually is, but still comfortably the worst footballer in our squad by a long margin.

He was good yesterday. Maybe not 90k a week good, though. Honestly, if he was on two-thirds that, and if his fee had only been two-thirds of his actual fee (20m, more or less), he'd have been a good signing.

Certainly had the beating of the only PL player I've seen who is worse than him.

That's it for me. He was better today than he usually is, but still comfortably the worst footballer in our squad by a long margin.

latest

Quite - I’m sure the reaction wouldn’t be as positive if Hugo hadn’t pulled off a wonder save as he got eased off the ball in our own corner.

He was decent at times yesterday, but let’s not go over board.

You were talking about our squad? Not squads in the past.

Currently, in my opinion, Llorente is the worst player in our squad. About as useful as a bull with udders.
He's on the worst form - he's not the worst footballer as he has shown he can play football (albeit elsewhere).

This quote from Poch encapsulates the issue about Sissoko to a tee...

It is exactly why Sissoko gets so much aggro from some... because he does not fit their mound of a "Tottenham player"; silky, good ball control and - more often than not - flaky.

Poch is very clear in his expectations... he does not ask him "to do different things (from his natural skill set), or (to do) things we ask other players". But he knows that with all his limitations - and nobody here has said he hasn't many - he know exactly what you are going to get with Sissoko and the player delivers it consistently... match in, match out. This was brilliantly observed by Harr and BoL:

Harr’s point was that in almost every match thread where Sissoko plays, there is a fair group of people going ‘Sissoko was actually decent today’, and this has been going on since he started getting a good run in the side last season.

Don’t get me wrong, today was one of his best games for us for sure, but he’s been treated like a laughing stock for a long while when he’s actually been a perfectly serviceable squad player, and if you go back through the threads a lot of people recognise it in isolation.

Yesterday, was a cut above that average standard. Maybe if the usual suspects cut him a bit of slack and voice some support - instead of the nonsensical derision he constantly gets at games - we would see more of yesterday's displays....

In terms of what they have done in a Tottenham shirt, I'd put him above Janssen, N'Koudou, Llorente, Foyth, Aurier.
Anyway, it's not about that, it's about providing something different to the other players.

Please give it a rest. If someone is making a point that you disagree with, respond to it. Calling out imaginary groups is divisive and adds nothing to the discussion.

Is there a clear pattern where the derisory posts against Sissoko originate from the same posters? Are these posters constantly on the player's back to the extent that even where the world and its dog agree he has has a bloody good game, they still try to continue deriding him? If there isn't, then I stand corrected; but if there is, then from where I am typing "usual suspects" fits the definition perfectly.

I guess it's a cultural thing but we Mediterraneans tend to call a spade by its real name...

Quite - I’m sure the reaction wouldn’t be as positive if Hugo hadn’t pulled off a wonder save as he got eased off the ball in our own corner.

He was decent at times yesterday, but let’s not go over board.

Give it a break... he was not eased off the ball for a start. He tried to clear the ball upfield but it was intercepted by Cresswell. In 90% of cases such a block would have gone out for a throw; instead it ricocheted back into the corner allowing the left back to cross for Arnautovic. The cross itself was slow and looping and Arnautovic should never have been allowed to get to it when he was the only attacker in the box with Toby and Davies on either side of him. But of course it was Sissoko's fault... I guess it was also his fault that Sanchez missed an open goal from 5 yards to put us 2-0 up or that the same player lost Arnautovic in the last minute when Lloris bailed us out with what was the true wonder save of the game.

I am no particular fan of Sissoko and would much rather that he is not on the teamsheet because there is no doubt that he is inferior to a full strength 11. But this treatment reminds me of a teacher at school who used to pick on one of our class for nothing, belittling him even when he did nothing wrong or even did better than most of us. That attitude made my blood boil then, and still does today....

He was very good yesterday, i would hope ALL our fans get behind him going forward because like it or not Poch seems to like him and will use him when the needs arise.

We all have our favourites and that will always makes fools us, mine was Modric who I thought was too small and was a wast of space, even a small one!;)

Sissoko has been poor and was much better yesterday. Pamela was another of my 'not so liked' look at the lad yesterday :cool:

Back