• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

3000.jpg

1920.jpg

16m remainers dwindled down to a few hundred thousand then. The Guardian's readership is still a little higher than I thought though

16m remainers dwindled down to a few hundred thousand then. The Guardian's readership is still a little higher than I thought though

Mate, I say this with the impartiality of complete apathy towards Leave/Remain/Brexit in general, this is a ridiculous comment. A few hundred thousand people turning out to any sort of march is highly impressive.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Generally I'm embarrassed about Northern Ireland. Embarrassed about Oliver Cromwell and 400 years of colonialism. I'd like to see those wrongs finally righted. Scotland too really.

I think the British Isles will become a much more harmonious place when it's something more akin to Scandinavia - 4 equal and independent countries, rather than the sort of last remnants of an English empire that it currently is

Perfect post, my thoughts exactly.

Mate, I say this with the impartiality of complete apathy towards Leave/Remain/Brexit in general, this is a ridiculous comment. A few hundred thousand people turning out to any sort of march is highly impressive.

Not really a few hundred thousand turned up a few years ago for a pro fox hunting March.

The sick fcuks.

Generally I'm embarrassed about Northern Ireland. Embarrassed about Oliver Cromwell and 400 years of colonialism. I'd like to see those wrongs finally righted. Scotland too really.

I think the British Isles will become a much more harmonious place when it's something more akin to Scandinavia - 4 equal and independent countries, rather than the sort of last remnants of an English empire that it currently is
If that comes to pass it England will be surrounded on all sides by EU countries. Those countries will be in harmony. Not England.

Last edited:

Not saying you are wrong mate but these marches do not mean a lot, there was close to a million of us marched in London against the war in Iraq and what did it achieve, folks a few hundred thousand is peanuts compered to that.

Not saying you are wrong mate but these marches do not mean a lot, there was close to a million of us marched in London against the war in Iraq and what did it achieve, folks a few hundred thousand is peanuts compered to that.

..and were the people right about Iraq?

I remember it. A good lesson that the will of the people is not even an afterthought compared to the insatiable hunger for gaining/retaining control of a crucial region to ensure global supremacy.

What"s that got to do with it?

When people are so motivated they turn out in force to demonstrate should we take note?

The implications of Brexit could be felt for decades; the Iraq war is still causing untold problems in the middle east. It destablised the region and helped create ISIS. Maybe just maybe these motivated people who gave their time to make a stand can see something. Is it common to both the Iraq war and to Brexit?

So a couple of hundred thousand turned out to march against Brexit against the one million who marched against war. At least it shows that the majority of them had their priortys right.

Back