• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

"Sissoko" and "magic" in the same sentence... who would have ever thought it.... :eek:

upload_2018-10-20_19-17-8.png

Nothing that Sissoko, or in fact anyone, did in the first 44 minutes suggested that we were about to see his greatest moment in a Spurs shirt. But then genius does not need to give advance notice of its arrival. When Kieran Trippier sent Sissoko away down the right, the West Ham defence did not look remotely worried by what would come next. Feinting to run down the line, he checked back inside, leaving Felipe Anderson looking like he had just seen the sun rise in the west.
From there, Sissoko used that unfancied left boot to clip a flat cross into the box, into precisely the area where Lamela was running, away from Pablo Zabaleta. Lamela glanced the ball with just enough of his head to divert into the bottom corner.

He will never be an Eriksen or a Moura but he's an honest pro who does his best for the team and never hides, despite the horrific rap he has been subjected to.

This deserves another airing...
That’s the thing, again today people are talking as if it’s the first time Sissoko has ever created something. I’ve seen him do similar plenty of times, albeit not necessarily resulting in a goal. He isn’t spectacular, but is a decent enough and worthy squad member...

One of our better players today. Looked more comfortable in possession too. Normally when he gets the ball, he looks like he’s been given a hand grenade. I’m one of his biggest critics but he did very well today. Good on him.

That’s the thing, again today people are talking as if it’s the first time Sissoko has ever created something. I’ve seen him do similar plenty of times, albeit not necessarily resulting in a goal. He isn’t spectacular, but is a decent enough and worthy squad member...
Come on guys let’s not make out that sort of performance is the norm, there’s a reason why he has the rep he has.

Come on guys let’s not make out that sort of performance is the norm, there’s a reason why he has the rep he has.

Harr’s point was that in almost every match thread where Sissoko plays, there is a fair group of people going ‘Sissoko was actually decent today’, and this has been going on since he started getting a good run in the side last season.

Don’t get me wrong, today was one of his best games for us for sure, but he’s been treated like a laughing stock for a long while when he’s actually been a perfectly serviceable squad player, and if you go back through the threads a lot of people recognise it in isolation.

I haven’t seen the full match to comment on his performance, I’ve seen his assist and some are commenting as if it’s the first time he’s done anything like that when it’s not....

Loved how he'd do the give-and-go manouever with Trippier, who chipped some return passes down the wing for him to run onto. One of which ended up in the goal.

I've long maintained, the busier Sissoko is kept, the better he plays. When he doesn't have to overthink and just lets his instinct and reactions take over, he's a far better player.

It was a seminal game for Sissoko. He's threatened to play like this for a while, but lacks belief. He's never going to have Eriksen's touch and guile, but he's not bad with the ball at his feet.

Loved how he'd do the give-and-go manouever with Trippier, who chipped some return passes down the wing for him to run onto. One of which ended up in the goal.

I've long maintained, the busier Sissoko is kept, the better he plays. When he doesn't have to overthink and just lets his instinct and reactions take over, he's a far better player.

He compliments Trippier very well I think. He has the pace and athleticism to get up and down the field and help Trippier on the defensive side, whilst he's also able to make forward runs off the ball and give Trippier time to pick his passes (Trips is one of the best passers in the team imo). It was a combination that worked well today. I wonder if we'll see Sissoko deployed against City, to both cover Trippier and provide a counter-attacking runner.

It was certainly a timely performance by Sissoko. Going into a very busy stretch in the schedule, it's important to see everyone ready to make a contribution when called on. Because they will be needed at some point. The same thing applies to Winks, Lamela and others. But maybe most of all with Sissoko to help take pressure off a vulnerable part of the formation.

Has anyone looked in on Scaramanga?

Whatever happened to him in the end? Thought he had bags of talent/potential - but then signed for West Ham :-(

Nah
He was never that great and liked the ale too much
He went to spam and did alright
Zola came in and started playing silly buggers
Callum called him a load of names and got binned to the reserves
Then his sisters fella stabbed him in the legs (scum bag drug dealer from coventry)

His mum was my baby sitter when I was a kid and I go to spurs but now with some of his best mates. He still comes to watch us although he is a united fan (his dad played there as a keeper briefly when he was young). He now lives in Plymouth as one of his kids is big in swimming and it’s a national centre for it

Ref Sissoko, I have to say, I still get worried with him in possession. He seems to look unsure of where he’s gong to play the ball, or even how far he;s going to put it in relation to his own position, if he decides to dribble.
That said, he played fairly well today, and at one point, made a nice run to receive the ball and help out one of the back four, possible Trips, pleaytheball out or was part of a 1-2, can’t remember.
Hopefully his confidence will grow and he can start to net a few, or just keep my pants a little cleaner.

Back