• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Westfield Stratford City

You’re overthinking it. No team goes out, at 1-0 away from home, and plays like we did second half to manage the game. You can talk “strategy” all you like but no way Poch sent us out second half to play like that.
There was definitely a period around the middle of the second half when Wet Spam had a period of concerted pressure that we appeared to be keeping possession in a deliberate way to take the pace out of the game. That is separate from Trippier rushing in like a virgin in a brothel.

Or we continue to manage the effect of the World Cup on our players and also get the injured players back and then we hit top form.

Also I don't agree with your notion regarding the second half performance.

Great fudging result that given the team we had to go with. I must admit I feared the worse but the lads that played did brilliantly. The only downside was the numerous openings we did not take to kill the game and that left it on a knife edge.

And fair play to Sissoko, he was outstanding and me saying that should dispel the myth that it's a withhunt with him. We were told he was great against Cardiff and he really wasn't, but today he was and that was undoubtedly his best performance for us. It was yaya toure like at times and he deservedly gets an 8/10 for that.

Also wham away is one of the more difficult games outside the top 6, especially for us, man utd lost their and chelsea scrapped a draw.

Let's give the team its due credit and don't pick unfair holes in the display, in a very difficult game with countless players out and tired.

An excellent post.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Were going to get utterly bummed by Emirates Marketing Project again though, so it’d be short lived!

Love the positivity ....

City are the best team in the league but they also were in the last when we beat them

The pitch could be a hindering factor

There was definitely a period around the middle of the second half when Wet Spam had a period of concerted pressure that we appeared to be keeping possession in a deliberate way to take the pace out of the game. That is separate from Trippier rushing in like a virgin in a brothel.

I’m gonna say it now but I’d rather Aurier to Trippier.

I did not see the game so I can't comment on how Kane played, but I do feel it's not just the World Cup effect that's made him look less effective this season. Without Dele or Eriksen he has had to play in a different way and spends more time in different parts of the field. He along with many of our players have had to play too many games so soon after the World Cup and with the continued changes to the team everyone is struggling to hit a rhythm, once we get it right the style will return.

Love the positivity ....

City are the best team in the league but they also were in the last when we beat them

The pitch could be a hindering factor
They're absolutely light years ahead of us.

Admire the optimism though. Hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

They're absolutely light years ahead of us.

Admire the optimism though. Hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Their not light years
Their just a club that can write off money we can’t spend
When they have to advertise their champions league games on the radio their not a proper big club
But I still think they will walk the league in the end

City will IMO win the league by double figures again but we really do have the players to hurt them if we switch on and don’t make basic errors

I hope you are right (about us hurting them) but I have very little optimism for that game. Unless Poch has something tactical up his sleeve, I think they will d1ck us. I'd like to see us setup to play without the ball, but I don't think we'll do that. I think we'll try and play our normal game and fail at it, which is what seems to have happened the last few times we have played City.

Their not light years
Their just a club that can write off money we can’t spend
When they have to advertise their champions league games on the radio their not a proper big club
But I still think they will walk the league in the end
I meant in terms of 11 vs 11 on the pitch, form, and style of play.

I did not see the game so I can't comment on how Kane played, but I do feel it's not just the World Cup effect that's made him look less effective this season. Without Dele or Eriksen he has had to play in a different way and spends more time in different parts of the field. He along with many of our players have had to play too many games so soon after the World Cup and with the continued changes to the team everyone is struggling to hit a rhythm, once we get it right the style will return.

When I loon at clubs stand out players so far that season I can’t think of one who played the latter stages of the World Cup and started games early on this season

In fact Hazard is the exception IMO in being one that played later stages and has got better

They’ll be getting the bus parade out though, when their rezzies knock our rezzies out of the Littlewoods Cup soon.

After today they will play their 1st team in LC, they can't afford to lose to us again as Westfield will be selling pitchforks and flaming torches.

Again I’m not convinced it’s that big a gap

But it’s a gap they can throw money at constantly and just write off the bad buys
Not disagreeing with any of that.
Still think they are going to massively dingdong us, again, though! :D

I think missing teammates, world cups and no rest are all to blame.
Today he was the football equivalent of all fingers and thumbs, he lack of touch and smoothness in everything he tried to do was very apparent!

Back