• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Westfield Stratford City

Well, we did and we won. I don’t think they created that much, Lloris made a great save towards the end but their move could have been offside and they got two nice bounces of the ball. Other than that, they worked super hard, played well and got the stadium behind them but we were never threatened really. We didn’t let ourselves get caught into playing West Ham blood and guts football and we came away with the points. It’s all good.

I don’t think Hugo did anything spectacular today, the final chance was the best one but the shot was hit right at him.

I’ve not seen the xG yet but I expect it’s comfortably in our favour.

Playing devils advocate, Dier, Rose, Dembele barely played. Toby should be flying as he barely played last season and Lloris is a keeper. I’m being a bit flippant but how long do we expect the WC hangover to last?

Davies has been poor this season as has Sanchez. Eriksen too. What are their excuses?

I think I saw some numbers during the match or at HT (can't remember) that showed our players played the most minutes during the international break now as well.

I don’t think Hugo did anything spectacular today, the final chance was the best one but the shot was hit right at him.

I’ve not seen the xG yet but I expect it’s comfortably in our favour.

The save from the header was top drawer and it’s not like the ball just hit him in the body or face at the end, it was an outstretched hand that stopped it IIRC. It was great goalkeeping.

The save from the header was top drawer and it’s not like the ball just hit him in the body or face at the end, it was an outstretched hand that stopped it IIRC. It was great goalkeeping.

It was solid by the book goalkeeping, he did what he had been coached to do, not saving that exact shot would have been an error.

Likewise, the save from the header gets made by every keeper who performs the correct footwork and reads the flight correctly.

He didn’t save anything today I didn’t expect him to.

Last edited:
I disagree. We didn’t go out second half to keep it at 1-0. They just dominated and we were resilient.

If Poch sent us out to play like that, he’s an idiot. Our keeper had to make 2 top class saves and another great one to win us the game. One of those goes in and we could lose as happened in Milan. And Poch is no idiot.

It’s a great result and I’m delighted. We just weren’t very good second half.

You can see in the pass selection the players were making that we were managing the game. And the positions we were taking up. It was the strategy and it worked. Probably because he saw West Ham were bang up for it and if we got sucked into their game we would have given them too much space.

The only time I was really concerned was Lloris save on the floor at the end, which I thought was great. But it could have been offside and they got two lucky bounces in that move to create that chance. Otherwise, we were in good shape. Trippier didn’t help matters by being too aggressive in the tackle in the last 15 mins of the game and getting turned, but otherwise the strategy was good. We were never picked apart, we dealt with their crosses easily and defended set pieces well.

You’re making out that our goal took a battering but it really didn’t. Other than their chance at the end we didn’t give them an easy one (the Lloris save in the top corner was a great save but the header wasn’t an easy one to score given we got players around it) and that was the whole point. By managing the game you will likely concede some shots but they won’t be easy chances because if we do our jobs we will get players around the shot and Lloris will do the job he is there to do.

Maybe Poch feels he can no longer have in the squad a Sheffield Wednesday level player in Sissoko, over a Leicester city level player in Skipp who also has potential to be a Barcelona level player in the future.

Please can you start slagging off Kane and saying that it is a certainty that we'll leave the EU in March now.

You can see in the pass selection the players were making that we were managing the game. And the positions we were taking up. It was the strategy and it worked. Probably because he saw West Ham were bang up for it and if we got sucked into their game we would have given them too much space.

The only time I was really concerned was Lloris save on the floor at the end, which I thought was great. But it could have been offside and they got two lucky bounces in that move to create that chance. Otherwise, we were in good shape. Trippier didn’t help matters by being too aggressive in the tackle in the last 15 mins of the game and getting turned, but otherwise the strategy was good. We were never picked apart, we dealt with their crosses easily and defended set pieces well.

You’re making out that our goal took a battering but it really didn’t. Other than their chance at the end we didn’t give them an easy one (the Lloris save in the top corner was a great save but the header wasn’t an easy one to score given we got players around it) and that was the whole point. By managing the game you will likely concede some shots but they won’t be easy chances because if we do our jobs we will get players around the shot and Lloris will do the job he is there to do.

You’re overthinking it. No team goes out, at 1-0 away from home, and plays like we did second half to manage the game. You can talk “strategy” all you like but no way Poch sent us out second half to play like that.

You’re overthinking it. No team goes out, at 1-0 away from home, and plays like we did second half to manage the game. You can talk “strategy” all you like but no way Poch sent us out second half to play like that.

Just watch it again and look at the pass selection. It was blatantly obvious.

Playing devils advocate, Dier, Rose, Dembele barely played. Toby should be flying as he barely played last season and Lloris is a keeper. I’m being a bit flippant but how long do we expect the WC hangover to last?

Davies has been poor this season as has Sanchez. Eriksen too. What are their excuses?
Whatever their minutes they were still training at high intensity and preparing to play. It's not a break at all. As for the WC hangover, I think we're also seeing a squad that is being stretched due to injuries and new formations/personnel being utilized. Personally I think the modern top class footballer is being over-worked. Yes, they get paid almost as much a week as @scaramanga to play football, but the almost non-stop games/tournaments takes a toll. And perhaps even more so as they are so far removed from 'normal' life.

Whatever their minutes they were still training at high intensity and preparing to play. It's not a break at all. As for the WC hangover, I think I'm also seeing a squad that is being stretched due to injuries and new formations/personnel being utilized. Personally I think the modern top class footballer is being over-worked. Yes, they get paid almost as much a week as @scaramanga to play football, but the almost non-stop games/tournaments takes a toll. And perhaps even more so as they are so far removed from 'normal' life.

Fair enough. I was kinda being sarcastic. But how long do we think it’ll be before we get over it?

And they aren’t paid nearly as much as scaramanga. Ludicrous statement.

This pretty much sums up their view of this game:

This ref is so biased he is defintely getting paid off, no yellows for them and soft ones for us BENT

I thought the ref was just inept earlier, but he's decided to start awarding cheap free kicks to Spurs and booking our players.

Ref.... Long time since I seen one this bad

Dear Sirs,

Are we still brick? The table says no but the social media gods and forum hoe's say we are.

Please cure this confusion at yours earliest opportunity.

Yours faithfully

Drunk in Shropshire.

That was a comfortable win. They didn't create much. A brickload of balls in the box don't count as chances.
I'm glad Andy Carroll wasn't playing. Even though he can sometimes be an awful footballer he likes to break people and we are fragile

Back