• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Westfield Stratford City

Made hard work of that. Passing was never great throughout but went completely to ѕhіte in the second half. Seemed to get worse as time went on. Good to rub their smelly noses in it though.

Media and pundits constantly sucking Liverpool & Chelsea off already this season and they have pretty much the same points as us

This with us not hitting the straps as yet, that is good as we're not having to play catch up like we normally do

I don’t know how we are winning games playing like this. We either click into gear and we’ll be spectacular or this form will catch up on us.

Or we continue to manage the effect of the World Cup on our players and also get the injured players back and then we hit top form.

Also I don't agree with your notion regarding the second half performance.

Great fudging result that given the team we had to go with. I must admit I feared the worse but the lads that played did brilliantly. The only downside was the numerous openings we did not take to kill the game and that left it on a knife edge.

And fair play to Sissoko, he was outstanding and me saying that should dispel the myth that it's a withhunt with him. We were told he was great against Cardiff and he really wasn't, but today he was and that was undoubtedly his best performance for us. It was yaya toure like at times and he deservedly gets an 8/10 for that.

Also wham away is one of the more difficult games outside the top 6, especially for us, man utd lost their and chelsea scrapped a draw.

Let's give the team its due credit and don't pick unfair holes in the display, in a very difficult game with countless players out and tired.

Good win that.

Lamela, Sissoko, Moura, Hugo and Winks, well done. Toby, Sanchez and Dier, pretty good. Davies, Trippier and Kane could do better!

Pleased with that though, potential banana skin.

They’ll be getting the bus parade out though, when their rezzies knock our rezzies out of the Littlewoods Cup soon.

Or we continue to manage the effect of the World Cup on our players and also get the injured players back and then we hit top form.

Also I don't agree with your notion regarding the second half performance.

Great fudging result that given the team we had to go with. I must admit I feared the worse but the lads that played did brilliantly. The only downside was the numerous openings we did not take to kill the game and that left it on a knife edge.

And fair play to Sissoko, he was outstanding and me saying that should dispel the myth that it's a withhunt with him. We were told he was great against Cardiff and he really wasn't, but today he was and that was undoubtedly his best performance for us. It was yaya toure like at times and he deservedly gets an 8/10 for that.

Also wham away is one of the more difficult games outside the top 6, especially for us, man utd lost their and chelsea scrapped a draw.

Let's give the team its due credit and don't pick unfair holes in the display, in a very difficult game with countless players out and tired.

It’s a great result particularly with our record there.

But we weren’t good second half. We relied on our keeper to make 2-3 first class saves and created little. Sanchez and Trippier were poor and will be ripped apart by better players if they don’t sort themselves out.

We weren’t the only team with players at the World Cup so I don’t buy that. I’m hoping it’s just the traditional slow start to the season.

Reading back through this thread, I almost completely disagree with the prevailing sentiment.

West Bam were good today, and were very much up for it. And we marched their effort. In the second half we clearly decided to manage the game and not give them too many openings. If we had done so I’m pretty sure they would have gotten a goal at least.

Because we were managing the game, we sometimes lacked the options going forward, which is the trade off you make to have some stability at the back. But I still thought Kane demonstrated some excellent hold up play.

It also showed that we really do have something of a deep squad. Davies, Sanchez, Lamela, Winks all starting and helping us to a hard fought win. Son, Dembele and Eriksen not even starting. That is some really good depth.

Lloris great, Davies slightly below par but just needs games. Trippier a little too gung ho in the tackles in the second half. Sissoko, Dier and Winks really good in midfield, and Moura and Lamela very good up front.

That’s a really solid day’s work, and I think we managed the game very well indeed.

It’s a great result particularly with our record there.

But we weren’t good second half. We relied on our keeper to make 2-3 first class saves and created little. Sanchez and Trippier were poor and will be ripped apart by better players if they don’t sort themselves out.

We weren’t the only team with players at the World Cup so I don’t buy that. I’m hoping it’s just the traditional slow start to the season.
You are 400% correct we weren’t the only team with players at the World Cup. We were the only team with 9 players who played through the whole tournament though.

You are 400% correct we weren’t the only team with players at the World Cup. We were the only team with 9 players who played through the whole tournament though.

Playing devils advocate, Dier, Rose, Dembele barely played. Toby should be flying as he barely played last season and Lloris is a keeper. I’m being a bit flippant but how long do we expect the WC hangover to last?

Davies has been poor this season as has Sanchez. Eriksen too. What are their excuses?

Ham made some good chances, Hugo made good saves, they pinged lots of headers off target and they wasted half of their corners by shinning them at knee height, so I didn't feel we managed the game well. I think we stood up and did our best under a lot of pressure.

Ham made some good chances, Hugo made good saves, they pinged lots of headers off target and they wasted half of their corners by shinning them at knee height, so I didn't feel we managed the game well. I think we stood up and did our best under a lot of pressure.

Exactly. You don’t manage a game like that when it’s 1-0. That’d be madness.

Exactly. You don’t manage a game like that when it’s 1-0. That’d be madness.

Well, we did and we won. I don’t think they created that much, Lloris made a great save towards the end but their move could have been offside and they got two nice bounces of the ball. Other than that, they worked super hard, played well and got the stadium behind them but we were never threatened really. We didn’t let ourselves get caught into playing West Ham blood and guts football and we came away with the points. It’s all good.

Playing devils advocate, Dier, Rose, Dembele barely played. Toby should be flying as he barely played last season and Lloris is a keeper. I’m being a bit flippant but how long do we expect the WC hangover to last?

Davies has been poor this season as has Sanchez. Eriksen too. What are their excuses?

I think more than the physical demands it’s the mental. Having to be ‘on’ as a professional so deep into the biggest tournament in the world after a tough season, and then having to be almost straight back in to the PL.

But anyway, I think the idea that we aren’t playing well is a bit overblown. In the sense we always play better from December onwards, sure, we haven’t hit those heights, but beyond the Watford and Liverpool games I think we have been pretty good, and certainly not undeserving of our wins.

Well, we did and we won. I don’t think they created that much, Lloris made a great save towards the end but their move could have been offside and they got two nice bounces of the ball. Other than that, they worked super hard, played well and got the stadium behind them but we were never threatened really. We didn’t let ourselves get caught into playing West Ham blood and guts football and we came away with the points. It’s all good.

I disagree. We didn’t go out second half to keep it at 1-0. They just dominated and we were resilient.

If Poch sent us out to play like that, he’s an idiot. Our keeper had to make 2 top class saves and another great one to win us the game. One of those goes in and we could lose as happened in Milan. And Poch is no idiot.

It’s a great result and I’m delighted. We just weren’t very good second half.

Back