• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

Tried that with my son. He tells me the singer is rubbish and the guitar doesn't make enough noise.

Then again, at 5 his music preferences are made up of "nothing less heavy than the Foo Fighters when they're really shouty"
Yeah my boy likes shouting along to Foo Fighters Pretender, All My Life, Sky is a Neighbourhood etc.

Look at the suave swagger of Reni's effortless drumming here. Makes it look so easy

Yeah my boy likes shouting along to Foo Fighters Pretender, All My Life, Sky is a Neighbourhood etc.

Look at the suave swagger of Reni's effortless drumming here. Makes it look so easy
My favourite part of that song is Squire's off beat pull-off. When you're teaching someone to play guitar that's always a good place to start - if they can get it right then they have an understanding of rhythm.

It reminds me of this from a few years back

my-nan-and-her-friend-pauline-have-been-missing-since-14919945.png

Still on some sort of reggae trip here. Digging this track. Kinda cheesy, but f00kin great too.

America's greatest, unsung musical hero is Tom Russell. Of course you've never heard of him. He sings of inconvenient truths.

Lives on a ranch on the Arizona-Mexico border - 800 miles worth on his doorstep. Has a proper perspective on life in the southwest and America in general. Amazing talent that popular TV talkshow host David Letterman acknowledged by having him on regularly. Feel lucky to have seen him live twice.

Last edited:
And here's another great musical talent that America somehow hasn't embraced. Chicago-based, Grammy nominated Robbie Fulks. Writes some of the most dark, funny, sarcastic yet meaningful country music you'll ever hear. Got hisself booted out of Nashville for expressing his musical frustrations over 'corporate country' by recording a song called Fcuk This Town.

This one is as stripped down as it gets. One man, one guitar, one mike. Powerful.

Or just swaingin' it with his killer country band, The Skeletons:

Last edited:
That's how this thread should go. Post whatever you're listening to right now, so that someone else can dismiss it with three well-chosen adjectives. @Bullet cheated by not putting up a track, though.

Controversial track! You have a better attention span than me...

Here’s what I’m currently listening to - the first track on my band’s debut EP:

That's how this thread should go. Post whatever you're listening to right now, so that someone else can dismiss it with three well-chosen adjectives. @Bullet cheated by not putting up a track, though.

1. Slooooooooooooow-burner
2. Needs vocals or it becomes a movie soundtrack
3. Nice enough but doesn't need 12 minutes to get there

I'm listening to this because I've never listened to it before and it is supposed to be good according to a podcast I listen to (Grant's band of the week, 1978)

Back