• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We are sadly just making up the numbers for the foreseeable future.

Aren't we ahead of United and looking a better bet for top 4? Haven't we finished ahead of them in 2 of the last 3 seasons? If we are making up numbers, so are they. The fact we are doing so much better than a club who has so much more money than us is testament, primarily, to the brilliance of Pochettino.

We are sadly just making up the numbers for the foreseeable future.
I think Dortmund and Atletico have proven that it's possible to push on to really competing with the biggest clubs around and win trophies even with a limited budget. It's a massive ask of course, and perhaps not a realistic expectation. But it must be the aim. With some of the wage numbers being reported now the stadium is nearing completion it gets a little easier.

Aren't we ahead of United and looking a better bet for top 4? Haven't we finished ahead of them in 2 of the last 3 seasons? If we are making up numbers, so are they. The fact we are doing so much better than a club who has so much more money than us is testament, primarily, to the brilliance of Pochettino.

Pochettino is pulling up trees no doubt about that.
Mourinho inability to organise a wine tasting in a vineyard is probably more relevant!

I think Dortmund and Atletico have proven that it's possible to push on to really competing with the biggest clubs around and win trophies even with a limited budget. It's a massive ask of course, and perhaps not a realistic expectation. But it must be the aim. With some of the wage numbers being reported now the stadium is nearing completion it gets a little easier.
Dortmund are the second biggest /richest team in Germany - other than two titles 7 years ago have not really competed to the levels they should have won 2/15 league titles - Atletico have won it once since '95. Both impressive but with a lot less richer clubs to overcome.

Never looked at trophies but I would suggest its not really comparable as they do not have as many richer teams to compete against.

I personally think that Poch has exceeded expectations by getting us top 4 - would love a trophy but for the time being top 4 is still vital.

Would be looking to see the stadium help close the gap between us and say Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Chelsea.
City and United are in a different financial league imho.
It though highlights what a total dogs dinner the current United management group are making of it!
Dortmund and Atletico are doing great but thier leagues are both very much more turbulent especially this season.
When I was in Madrid some time ago my taxi driver said Spurs and Atletico are “brothers” I think he meant similar.

Dortmund are the second biggest /richest team in Germany - other than two titles 7 years ago have not really competed to the levels they should have won 2/15 league titles - Atletico have won it once since '95. Both impressive but with a lot less richer clubs to overcome.

Never looked at trophies but I would suggest its not really comparable as they do not have as many richer teams to compete against.

I personally think that Poch has exceeded expectations by getting us top 4 - would love a trophy but for the time being top 4 is still vital.

Top post!

That...is hilarious.

I think Shaw is good, no doubt. But for United to keep throwing money at the situation in the hope that things magically improve is just bonkers. GHod knows how much for Sanchez, 195k p/w for their left back. I get that they have the most money and therefore strategically, you might as well make use of it, but you basically have a bunch of players there clearly not enjoying playing under the Manager that much but sticking it out for the ridiculous money on offer. And when you pay your left back 195k p/w, you then need to pay every other player in line with that to maintain harmony. Maybe not the biggest deal but its just funny to watch them throw money at the situation and not succeed.

Maybe it all works out for Mourinho, and maybe Shaw is the shining example of tough love, where he has fought through that period and is now one of their most important players. Maybe it just takes a bit of time for it to all work out for him. But when you have City taking a considered approach to whether or not to give Raheem Sterling what he wants, at circa £200k p/w, this just feels like another example of a club with no clear idea of what to do throwing money at the situation as its the only thing they have going for them.

From a Spurs perspective, it doesn't concern me really. United wages are not real wages. No player can say 'Sanchez earns X, so I deserve at least Y' because its so far out of whack with what every other club is doing. It's actually a vulgar waste of money and I think the new stadium will bring us closer to the rest of the top 6 finances wise, with plenty of other players to sign as United can't get everyone.

That’s a lot of donuts for shaw
Just seen this week's The Apprentice. It's a damn sight fewer doughnuts at the prices those muppets were charging.

I mean, seriously. I know things are grimmer up here in the frozen north, but are all you flash London types really paying £4+ for a freakin' doughnut?!

Back