• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

That was how he looked to me for England. Constantly chasing shadows in defence, not recognising when he needed to cover his teammates, charging forward with the ball when width was needed, rarely finding any space between the lines.

I'll put him making all the wrong runs and getting in the way down to a lack of experience with the team.

His defensive game is all over the place. I think if you want to use him, it would be in the way we sometimes use Alli as a #10 off Kane's shoulder. Or like how Gazza played off Lineker

If:D I'm not going to drop £70m on Ndombele, then Onomah, Skipp and Oakley-Booth is a pretty rich seam to mine from

That 'may' well be 'one' of the areas we are looking but the others are will be to look at in the likes of the quality in the full England U21's squad. It will still be pricey but money better spent IMHO

Great to have him come back to Spurs on a high. Didn't see the game, but I can only assume he was awesome cause he's Winks.

Hope his fitness levels are good and that he's ready for a lot of starts for us going forward.

Decent game yesterday. Had my heart in mouth when he got tackled on his ankle and was clearly struggling for a while with it.

What I love about the kid is that he is always asking and looking for the ball. Clearly shows a great character

Tell you what else I love about him? His surprising turn of pace!

Couple of times against the Spammers he received the ball deep, turned, jinked and then burst into the penalty box leaving opponents in his wake.

I didn't know he had that in his locker. I've also been critical of him in previous games, was happy to be proven wrong at the weekend.

Long may it continue.

We knew that we needed pace in this side, but we also needed the ability to find that pace. Winks' performance yesterday, especially the first half emphasised how much better we look with him there. So many times, the ball came to him and he fired it forward without a moments hesitation, setting off good flowing attacks.

He did tire in the second half and does need to work on his defensive positioning. He and Davies on a couple of occasions confused eachother and young Gibbs-White gave him the run around, but from an attacking point of view his contributions are invaluable.

We knew that we needed pace in this side, but we also needed the ability to find that pace. Winks' performance yesterday, especially the first half emphasised how much better we look with him there. So many times, the ball came to him and he fired it forward without a moments hesitation, setting off good flowing attacks.

He did tire in the second half and does need to work on his defensive positioning. He and Davies on a couple of occasions confused eachother and young Gibbs-White gave him the run around, but from an attacking point of view his contributions are invaluable.

Winks might suit playing in a 3 man midfield, so we have more "legs" around him to allow his game to really flourish. Either that, or a Kante type partner to play alongside him in a 2.

Winks looked legless once white-Gibbs came on. He was chasing shadows and treading water

These players need game time and that pre season is so vital

Winks is class and the more games he gets the More it shows

He won't find that much freedom very often, but very happy with his performance tonight. Our tempo is so much better with him in the side.

Makes such a difference who can receive it in tight areas and start off attacks from deep. Long may it continue.

Back