• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

We need a smaller more rapid version of Dier to play with Winks.
To play the ‘Kante’ role not a ‘Matic’ type, these large slow players can’t tackle without receiving a yellow with today’s refs and turns like an oil tanker.
With Dier and Wanyama in the team we're well stocked for players that are primarily defensive midfielders imo. More creativity and passing tempo is what's missing most of the time and for me we suffer a bit when Winks isn't fit and on form.

I can see us making one (big) transfer in January - probably Ndombele or De Ligt. Either will likely be loaned back out to their current club for the rest of the season.
I think De Ligt will be out of our reach unfortunately. The thought of having to replace Alderweireld fills me with some dread and I really have no idea who the right targets should be and the market is crazy. Doesn't seem like Pochettino rates Foyth as ready to step up into the first backup option at centre back, but he seems to have talent. Wouldn't be against a more experienced player coming in should we need to replace Alderweireld. A modern day Naybet.
I like Cook, but I also think he's basically a 90-95% version of Dier, whereas we need more of a direct Dembele replacement.
I think it's unlikely to find a natural replacement for Dembele if our aim is to find someone with the same skill set. He's a unique player.

Not convinced a signing is required with Dembele still doing well and the talented youngsters we have. If a signing is deemed necessary someone more creative, a playmaker type would be my preference. A young Carrick would be perfect, anyone around?

Wouldn't be against a more experienced player coming in should we need to replace Alderweireld. A modern day Naybet.

I think even at 29 Alder is starting to struggle with his fading pace. He really struggled against Watford's Success the other day. A Naybet is the last thing you need with a line playing as high as ours does.

Not convinced a signing is required with Dembele still doing well and the talented youngsters we have. If a signing is deemed necessary someone more creative, a playmaker type would be my preference. A young Carrick would be perfect, anyone around?

Winks is the outstanding choice. But unfortunately there's only one around, so he can't really cover/compete with himself

I think even at 29 Alder is starting to struggle with his fading pace. He really struggled against Watford's Success the other day. A Naybet is the last thing you need with a line playing as high as ours does.

Winks is the outstanding choice. But unfortunately there's only one around, so he can't really cover/compete with himself
Yeah, not saying a slow older player like Naybet. But someone more experienced than most of our signings perhaps.

A second Winks or young Carrick it is then. Sorted. Get it done Levy.

Feels like if we're going to fill that need at CB and CM, it'll look like:

1st Choice CM: Ndombele, De Jong
2nd Choice: Grealish, Cook, Herrera

1st Choice CB: De Ligt
2nd Choice: Ake, Bailly

I'd be happy with any of those signings, bar Herrera. I've watched a lot of the Mexico national team (my Dad's Mexican), and he's a strong tackler, good runner, and solid passer, but I don't think he's a special player. I'd love to see us go for is Loftus-Cheek with a big 40 million pound bid, but Chelsea would probably turn it down. :(

Just seen a Snippet on the daily fail that our scouts have been looking at Tielemans again

I was very impressed with him in his brief WC cameos and I’d love to see him under Pochs guidance

Just seen a Snippet on the daily fail that our scouts have been looking at Tielemans again

I was very impressed with him in his brief WC cameos and I’d love to see him under Pochs guidance
He was a player that I was hoping we would sign from Anderlecht a fair while before Monaco eventually snapped him up for a decent fee. I would expect him to be upwards of £60 million now unfortunately.

He was a player that I was hoping we would sign from Anderlecht a fair while before Monaco eventually snapped him up for a decent fee. I would expect him to be upwards of £60 million now unfortunately.

Why would he be that much ?
Monaco aren’t pulling up trees and lookin amazing and Fabinho went for less who was held in higher regard

I always remember it was Tielemans' CM partner Dendoncker (now at Wolves) who was the one who really stood out when we played Anderlecht a couple of times a few seasons back

If De Ligt is not a possibility then there is another young central defender I rate in Europe and that's Dan-Axel Zagadou at Dortmund. He's big strong and quick and can carry the ball out of defense. Whenever I've seen him he's looked very commanding for such a young player, still capable of a mistake due to his age, but much like Sanchez I can see him becoming a class act and due to him struggling to get game time this season we might not need to pay silly money for him.

From a Boca fan and journalist. Should have good connections. Sounds plausible.

We were heavily linked to him last summer. Still dont see the need for him in addition to Dier and Wanyama given that none of them add much at all from an attacking or creative perspective. He's not a Dembele replacement based on what I saw at the world cup

Just don't do it to yourselves guys...save the energy and let's hope Poch can squeeze more minor miracles out of these guys...he's, er, magic, you know, erm, most times...

Just don't do it to yourselves guys...save the energy and let's hope Poch can squeeze more minor miracles out of these guys...he's, er, magic, you know, erm, most times...
Personally I’d prefer not to have Barios in our squad and to keep with what we have. Somehow I think you’d be happy to sign him simply because it means we sign someone though?

Back