• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

isn't that what Sven got pelters for with Walcott?

Sven picked Walcott before he had played a serious game (or any game?) for Arsenal. Sven bought the he is good enough for England, but not ready for Arsenal line. He wasn't ready and his playing time illustrated that. Unfortunately for him he wasn't picked for a later tournament where he had a far better case. He had talent, but I can't help think this episode undermined his development.

45 minutes only for Kane I hope.
I assume as captain he will be leading the team out against Spain as well. So same again on Monday. First half, then off.

Would rip your hands off for carragher... fudge smudger
He's on my commentary too - Carragher in the studio.

At least with him, if Spurs aren't playing, you can pretend he's noyhing to do with the goons and is just very boring. Unlike Carragher, he at least sounds like a human being.

Sven picked Walcott before he had played a serious game (or any game?) for Arsenal. Sven bought the he is good enough for England, but not ready for Arsenal line. He wasn't ready and his playing time illustrated that. Unfortunately for him he wasn't picked for a later tournament where he had a far better case. He had talent, but I can't help think this episode undermined his development.

I remember reading at the time that the senior England players were very unimpressed with Walcott in training at that World Cup and he wasn’t deemed good enough. It really didn’t do him any favours to include him in the squad.
Not that I care but it was not in the best interest of the player.

They bought him from Southampton where he played, Sancho had a few subs before the WC.

I remember reading at the time that the senior England players were very unimpressed with Walcott in training at that World Cup and he wasn’t deemed good enough. It really didn’t do him any favours to include him in the squad.
Not that I care but it was not in the best interest of the player.

Exactly. I have no problem with Wenger undermining an Arsenal prospect, but the England manager needs to evaluate players independently. He shouldn't be helping a club blood a player or putting a young player in a position he is not ready for.

What’s the point of playing a game behind closed doors if you let the cameras in and presumably reward the FA with TV money?

I'm starting to feel that being brick might not be Sterling's fault.

Since joining up with England, Rashford seems to have mastered the arts of running into people and missing shots that Bent could score.

Maybe it's something Southgate's doing. Or maybe whatever Henderson has is contagious.

I'm starting to feel that being brick might not be Sterling's fault.

Since joining up with England, Rashford seems to have mastered the arts of running into people and missing shots that Bent could score.

Maybe it's something Southgate's doing. Or maybe whatever Henderson has is contagious.

International managers do not have enough time with the players to make them bad. All they can do, outside of a tournament, is pick the team, formation and give them a pep talk. We can argue about the odd selection but Southgate is being bolder than most of his predecessors.

Up until now, he has benefited from low expectations. A good run in the World Cup has meant that expectations are now too high and most people seem to be forgetting that we were pretty pedestrian at the WC and had a very easy draw.

Back