• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Agent no doubt worried the story might scare off potential suitors next summer

Perhaps, but I think any agent when faced with stories that one of his star players has a chronic injury would respond this way, whether angling for a move or not.

Does he have 1 year left this summer? We really need to get some clarity on that sooner rather than later.

Perhaps, but I think any agent when faced with stories that one of his star players has a chronic injury would respond this way, whether angling for a move or not.

Does he have 1 year left this summer? We really need to get some clarity on that sooner rather than later.

He’s the one I fear might be first to leave us. At his age, coming into his prime, this is probably his best chance of a Barca or Madrid move if those clubs are interested. Would love if Levy got him signed up to a 4-5 year deal because he makes my pants sticky like no one else.

There has been a couple of updates regarding Eriksens contract situation in the media here in Denmark in recent months. Here goes:
  • Real Madrid and Barcelona asked about Eriksens availability in the summer via intermediaries and agents.
  • Levy quoted them a price of at least £120m, which put an end to the interest from RM and Barca.
  • Eriksen wants this pricetag reflected in his new contract. He wants a contract with a wage very close to what Harry Kane earns.

That is the situation right now.

The good news is that there is nothing to suggest that negotiations have broken down. Eriksen is very happy at Spurs. The big question is: Do Levy want to pay him 175 to 200 grand a week?

The bad news is that Eriksen holds all the aces now. He knows that there will be a host of clubs queing up for him next summer, when he only has a year left. And of course Levy will never let him run down his contract and let him leave on a free in 2020.

There has been a couple of updates regarding Eriksens contract situation in the media here in Denmark in recent months. Here goes:
  • Real Madrid and Barcelona asked about Eriksens availability in the summer via intermediaries and agents.
  • Levy quoted them a price of at least £120m, which put an end to the interest from RM and Barca.
  • Eriksen wants this pricetag reflected in his new contract. He wants a contract with a wage very close to what Harry Kane earns.

The good news is that there is nothing to suggest that negotiations have broken down. Eriksen is very happy at Spurs. The big question is: Do Levy want to pay him 175 to 200 grand a week?

The bad news is that Eriksen holds all the aces now. He knows that there will be a host of clubs queing up for him next summer, when he only has a year left. And of course Levy will never let him run down his contract and let him leave on a free in 2020.

He absolutely deserves that wage based on the market. He could get it and more elsewhere. We’d be mad not to give it to him.

He absolutely deserves that wage based on the market. He could get it and more elsewhere. We’d be mad not to give it to him.

Yeah...I think given his consistency over the last few years, if Kane is at 200k per week basic, Eriksen deserves 175k.

It’s this kind of stuff I hope is solved by moving into the new stadium. If we move in and still can’t really afford to pay Eriksen was is still a relatively modest salary in the grand scheme of things then I won’t be too happy. I don’t think we could ever get him to turn down Barca if they have a genuine spot for him in the first 11 but the move should enable us to keep him at the club for as long as possible.

That said, I’m pretty confident we work it out with him.

I can’t believe we are the only two who realise his uniqueness.

I am not sure we are the only two, but in football its usually the goal scorers who get most of the limelight, players like Eriksen are just as important but sometimes go under the radar.

I am not sure we are the only two, but in football its usually the goal scorers who get most of the limelight, players like Eriksen are just as important but sometimes go under the radar.
He's the one player that makes my pants sticky. :D

Pay him whatever
The cost to replace him would be at least what we would get in a sale as you would be gambling on one or two players possibly
The guy is class, rarely misses a game and is boring as feck off the pitch, so is perfect for Poch

I think we miss Eriksen when he’s not playing more than we do miss Kane when he’s not....

If true that would be a far better scenario than I feared. Knowing Barca and Real were interested I would have thought and not blamed him for simply saying he’d like to go for a realistic price. But if all he says is he wants to be paid on par with our top earners then that is great and I can’t envisage Poch and Levy not concluding he is worth that....

Back