• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Bayern will be looking at Herr Klopp.
PSG have just changed and its the french league!
Real will switch at the latest next summer.
Man U is toxic! But money sooth that.

Herr Klopp might want to finish his stuff at Pool (and he has been getting extra backing every year)
PSG - I agree Poch might be a bit meh about them and the French league atm
Can never discount Real and their Galatico model looks like it's being ushered out...slowly...
Man U is indeed toxic...but you know he'd be backed there sadly...

He left SCBC because they shat on Cortese to whom he was loyal. In much the same way he is with Levy.

As yet he has been fully committed to Spurs, and he and we have made serious progress - I think the only thing to change that is either another betrayal or if he feels he has hit a ceiling with us and outgrown the club. Outside of an opportunity of a lifetime sort of offer (which isnt always an obvious "yes").

RIght now I dont see that happening anytime soon, but of course everything is open to change.

January window might be key....you know my view on the past summer window...

It might well, he might want to see our willingness to back him - and I hope we do. Given the squad, that might be one significant buy, or getting a very specific player, rather than a huge amount of business.

Yep; and if we don't get what Poch feels should be obtainable given our position etc, i think he'll be off in the summer given the chance

Pochettino strikes me as a man who doesn't find it easy to disguise his feelings. If there are issues likely to lead to a parting of the ways, I think there will be ample evidence of it long before the end of the season rolls around.

I think it may be more sutble or even there'll be zero clue actually...he's no Mourinho

I think it may be more sutble or even there'll be zero clue actually...he's no Mourinho

Not for me. Look at the way his demeanour changed in press conferences after the Alderweireld situation developed. You could have cut the atmosphere with a Gaucho knife.

Not for me. Look at the way his demeanour changed in press conferences after the Alderweireld situation developed. You could have cut the atmosphere with a Gaucho knife.

Yeah ok, but that was subtle, not Mourinho-style. If the question hadn't come up, would anybody have been any wiser?

Yeah ok, but that was subtle, not Mourinho-style. If the question hadn't come up, would anybody have been any wiser?

I don't know, but it certainly had me worried. I would never expect him to start chucking his toys like Mou, though, we can agree on that.

Pochettino strikes me as a man who doesn't find it easy to disguise his feelings. If there are issues likely to lead to a parting of the ways, I think there will be ample evidence of it long before the end of the season rolls around.

He is a highly paid professional handling pressure on an hourly basis.
He will be great at hiding his feeling he does it every minute in his working day I would have thought.
He is excellent with the media. So for me he is brilliant at hiding and keeping his own council.

I don’t think he will leave until he’s won trophies for us. Not just because he’s like to achieve that with us as he genuinely is attached to the club, but because he will only go to one of the elite clubs. And whilst always tentatively linked to such clubs they never seriously make moves for him, and this is almost 400% because he hasn’t won anything. How many of the elite hire managers who haven’t won practically everything there is to win in the game? It doesn’t happen often....

Good points.

Will he leave? of course he will one day but i do not see that happening just yet. He is in a position where he feels like he is making progress and as long as we keep doing that i see no reason why he would want to leave.

He is a highly paid professional handling pressure on an hourly basis.
He will be great at hiding his feeling he does it every minute in his working day I would have thought.
He is excellent with the media. So for me he is brilliant at hiding and keeping his own council.

Except we already have at least one example (the Alderweireld situation, on which the comment you quoted was based) where he was far from brilliant at it for me, and I doubt I was alone in noticing the contrast with his usual demeanour. In the main, of course, you're correct, he is excellent with the media, which is probably why it was so obvious then that he was bottling something up.

I agree but his silence was preferable to my reaction say in telling Toby to foxtrot oscar in front of the world and his wife.
I didn't see anything that particularly bothered me from Poch re Toby.
Poch is one cool cookie IMHO.
Its one of the main reasons the big clubs like him.

AND Toby is still with us. For a short while anyway.

January window might be key....you know my view on the past summer window...

hhn.gif

We'll get absolutely nothing again, and people will convince us that we should be loving it that way. You know how it goes by now, mate - 'best squad in the league', 'no additions needed whatsoever', etc. ;)

Poch will have to make do with what he has, and I hope that's enough to keep him here. His reputation is heavily dependent on him continuing to overachieve with us - since he hasn't won anything, league progress is all that will keep his stock high, managerially. So he'll have to overcome the increasing limitations of a stagnating squad, and to keep delivering on that front if he wants a Madrid or Bayern to come in for him.

That might actually be better for us, though - if he does underachieve for a season for whatever reason , he'll probably be here longer since some of his allure will fade. Which definitely works for me. :p

We'll get absolutely nothing again, and people will convince us that we should be loving it that way. You know how it goes by now, mate - 'best squad in the league', 'no additions needed whatsoever', etc. ;)

Yeah coz we didn't sign anyone last January... Oh, hang on.

If the option is available to improve our squad and the deal is reasonable, it'll get done.

How hard is that to comprehend?

Back