• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

You are right we haven’t played well at all so far, but the team was knackered before a ball was kicked this season, most of our starting 11 had about a 2 week summer break because they got to the last weekend of the World Cup.

The squad players who could have filled in for them at the start of the season were injured (winks, Lamela, Wanyama, Foyth, Onomah), Son on international duty as well.

Of course you will say we should have signed someone, but how many should we sign just to give the players an extra week or two off?

Poch predicted it would be an issue so....

Away West Ham
Wembley City
Away Wolves
Away Palace
Home/Wembley Chelsea
Away Arsenal

10 pts?

I think I’d take that. Especially as we have Champs league games amongst those. Puts us on 28 points from 14 games. 2 points per game is usually good for top 4 and we would have got through arguably the toughest period.

It won't be easy, but it is doable.

Do you seriously think that, given the way we've been playing this season? Teams are sometimes driving right through towards goal...i'd be interested in how our xG this season compares to last so far...i bet we are giving away far more goal opportunities that could be described as 'good'

Do you seriously think that, given the way we've been playing this season? Teams are sometimes driving right through towards goal...i'd be interested in how our xG this season compares to last so far...i bet we are giving away far more goal opportunities that could be described as 'good'

After 8 games:

2017/18: xGF 13.74 - xGA 4.49
2018/19: xGF 14.79 - xGA 9.66

So you are correct in that we are giving away far more goal opportunities than we did last year. By a lot. And although we are creating more, it's not enough to offset what we're giving away.

The surprise package is Bournemouth, who are where they are (and should be higher) based on performance and not just luck a la Burnley last season.

After 8 games:

2017/18: xGF 13.74 - xGA 4.49
2018/19: xGF 14.79 - xGA 9.66

So you are correct in that we are giving away far more goal opportunities than we did last year. By a lot. And although we are creating more, it's not enough to offset what I'm giving away.

The surprise package is Bournemouth, who are where they are (and should be higher) based on performance and not just luck a la Burnley last season.

Interesting re Bournemouth...bleep, aren't we playing them in a few weeks time?? They scare me more than they should..a bit like Watford now scare me more than they should..:eek:

And we have no money to spend
And we can’t sell out Wembley vs the mighty Cardiff
And we have no players fit enough for our next game
And Poch is taking over from Mou

And Kane won't hang around if we don't make CL again.
And Eriksen is off to Barca/Bayern/Blingsville USA.
And Son wants to go back to Germany.
And Alli wants to play for his dream team Liverpool.
And Lloris is headed for the gutter.
And whole stadium deal will bankrupt club once fans stop coming.

I get to hear all this cliched clap-trap from an otherwise sensible Englishman who supports a club that isn't a Spurs rival. But he simply repeats all the tired,hackneyed lines spouted by the media about Spurs like this was 1998.

The only way any of this will ever change is for Spurs to win the league, a prospect that simply terrifies those who support the traditional powerhouse clubs. Hence, the miserable mumblings and risible rumblings about it all being doom and gloom for Spurs.

This is an amazing time for the club and its fans and once the stadium opens, it will only get better. Can't wait to hear about what great young players (hello, Jadon Sancho) want to come to Spurs (Welkom, Frenkie de Jong) and join this great adventure in the months and years ahead. Because it will surely happen.

The only way any of this will ever change is for Spurs to win the league

If we win the league, attitudes wont change. We would have to win it a few times over 4-5 years for that.

If we won the league it would be "Its only once in 50 years" "Just look at Leicester" "Theyll fall back to where they belong next year" "It was a fluke"...

We wouldnt get due credit, I can guarantee that

If we win the league, attitudes wont change. We would have to win it a few times over 4-5 years for that.

If we won the league it would be "Its only once in 50 years" "Just look at Leicester" "Theyll fall back to where they belong next year" "It was a fluke"...

Totally agree.
My only thought we have to start somewhere.
We first need the stadium uplift to kickin for that first one.

Totally agree.
My only thought we have to start somewhere.
We first need the stadium uplift to kickin for that first one.

I'd like to say it would at least start the process. But I get your drift.

We'll just have to revel in our sexy Spudsy character and enjoy the great beer and cheeses on offer at the new palace.

Oh absolutely, we have to start somewhere - Im just saying it wont be until we win it again and again that we get the proper credit and respect we deserve. First time will undoubtedly be talked down and dismissed. It will be because other teams faltered rather than we succeeded.

Not that Id give a brick myself, Id be loving it! (anyone think Leicester fans care? And their win really was a freak)

Was talking to an Arsenal fan at work and I said we needed to sign Martial in the summer to take the load off Kane. He rolled his eyes at me like little Tottenham can't buy big players.

We might not pay the wages of the doped clubs but I can't wait till we go and sign someone from man u or Liverpool.

I beg to differ. We're a London-based club with one of the best stadiums and best training centers in Europe, who finished 3rd, 2nd, and 3rd the previous years, and the 10th richest club in the world. We're not a flash in the pan like Leicester. So if we win it, even if we finish 3rd, 2nd, and 3rd in subsequent years, we'll still be seen as a big hitters. It's being in the mix with a chance of winning it all that matters and placing in the top 3 for several years in a row, even with one title to show for it, would change people's perception.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, we have to start somewhere - Im just saying it wont be until we win it again and again that we get the proper credit and respect we deserve. First time will undoubtedly be talked down and dismissed. It will be because other teams faltered rather than we succeeded.

Not that Id give a brick myself, Id be loving it! (anyone think Leicester fans care? And their win really was a freak)

To be honest i could not give a brick if we never get any credit from elsewhere so i am with you on that. I could not give a damn what any fan of other clubs say or pundits or what they print in the papers.

Back