• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It might not happen and let’s hope Real leave Poch alone.
But who do see out there that you would ‘seriously’ think could do it.

I seriously cannot see a replacement that fits.

I hope it doesn’t happen but, if it did, I’d take Rafa.

I can't see any standout replacements.
I'd bet Levy will have a list. DL will not leave himself venerable to vagaries of today's football and risk the whole 'project' because of the comings and goings of any individual.

No resale value, either. Javi Gracia, on the other hand, would be a gamble with plenty of upside. [/levy]

That too. I remember in his time at Liverpool, he regularly had huge windows - 10+ transfers (in and out) each window - for seemingly no good reason.

Just as he unforgivably tried to brickcan Alonso so he could buy Gareth fudging Barry!

On the field his teams are effective, but too pragmatic for my liking. Too cautious/defensive.

Just wouldnt suit us at all IMO.

Gracia looks interesting, Id rather him than Benitez. I did like the look of Silva but it seems he is settling into Everton now. I do like Espírito Santo a lot, from the little Ive seen - I think he is doing a superb job with Wolves.

Its an interesting one to ponder, even if you think it is/isnt likely Poch is going anywhere (and I certainly hope he isnt!)

Howe is doing very well at Bournemouth and I really enjoy how they play.

I think there are question marks about whether or not he can step up, but I would be interested in seeing how he did at a bigger club.

Howe is doing very well at Bournemouth and I really enjoy how they play.

I think there are question marks about whether or not he can step up, but I would be interested in seeing how he did at a bigger club.
You should have thrown those questions at Poch before he joined us. I think it’s a shame that not more young managers are given a chance at the bigger jobs - I don’t doubt that a Howe, or even a Dyche could do a job at one of the big boys with the resources at their disposal if given time to adapt (time is always the issue I guess)....

Frank Lampard has impressed, i like the Derby style of football. As has the more experienced Espírito Santo.
Eddie is a nice guy and Bournemouth are not bad.

You should have thrown those questions at Poch before he joined us. I think it’s a shame that not more young managers are given a chance at the bigger jobs - I don’t doubt that a Howe, or even a Dyche could do a job at one of the big boys with the resources at their disposal if given time to adapt (time is always the issue I guess)....

When Poch came in it was between he, LVG and Frank De Boer. I actually favoured FDB, though that was more a stylistic thing than thinking Poch wasnt good enough, it was a preference between two good choices.

And before he went to Utd, while I wanted FDB I thought it was obvious we should get LVG if we could simply because of his record.

I wont judge a manager to harshly on what they havent had the opportunity to do, providing they show the sort of tendencies I think will lead to success.

Howe? My big concern with him is Bournemouth. He has been there so long, struggled when he went to Burnley, then thrived again back at Bournemouth... I wonder if he is too embedded there to settle somewhere else in good time. And I think thats a valid worry.

Poch, before coming to us, had already shown that ability.

Im a big fan of Dyche. I really liked him at Watford and think he has done amazing things with Burnley. The question with him, for me, is that of style. With greater resources (and quality of player) can he really get a team attacking?

He might well be able to, but its the main doubt I have. Its most likely the constraints at Burnley lead to a rather pragmatic style (completely understandable) - but it does leave room for doubt.

As it is, over time they are becoming a more complete team, I suppose Id just like to be more certain Dyche has that in him.

Certainly not easy!

I would really hope we have people out there keeping tabs on management talent as much as playing talent.

It makes sense to have proper contingency in place.

Sadly this isnt historically a strength for Levy, who seems rather reactive on this front.

Back