• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Cant deny we have been pretty poor, however really we need to just keep in touch and tough it out until the Chelsea game and then hopefully from there we can start fielding a consistent team.
Think until then we are going to be rotating every game and expect patchy performances, we will have to play rested players v West Ham, go all out for PSV and City and then work out priorities from there. Will be some gnashing of teeth, but suspect we have to and probably should throw the league cup, both because of now and the issues it will cause Jan/Feb

Yea we got screwed on that League cup draw, almost have to take it seriously now. If you draw City away or even Everton / Leicester someone like that, you play your reserves/kids, they get a good run out, but in all likelihood you lose without losing too much face. As we saw last season though, if we lose to west ham they’ll treat it like a cup final and some of our fans misplace all sense of perspective and melt down ensues!

Lopetegui at Real is looking very likely to be sacked.
This always makes me nervous, Real are very dangerous when they looking for a new manager. they throw silly money around.
Mourinho, unfortunately, won't be on their list;), we sadly know who will though.

Yea we got screwed on that League cup draw, almost have to take it seriously now. If you draw City away or even Everton / Leicester someone like that, you play your reserves/kids, they get a good run out, but in all likelihood you lose without losing too much face. As we saw last season though, if we lose to west ham they’ll treat it like a cup final and some of our fans misplace all sense of perspective and melt down ensues!

Luckily GG has a thread ready and waiting...

This always makes me nervous, Real are very dangerous when they looking for a new manager. they throw silly money around.
Mourinho, unfortunately, won't be on their list;), we sadly know who will though.
Hopefully a blessing in disguise that will turn him off considering any move they try and make for him as you don't last very long on that job!

I don't think we should change approach because we're playing West Ham. Watford are better than them, so similar to the last round is the right approach.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise that will turn him off considering any move they try and make for him as you don't last very long on that job!

That’s my take!
Real will unsettled managers just because they can!
Bayern will be on the prowl as well soon I think. Herr Klopp?

Unless things have soured behind the scenes, I don't see why his answer would be different from the summer. If they have soured behind the scenes, I'd expect him to leave at the end of the season anyway.

Unless things have soured behind the scenes, I don't see why his answer would be different from the summer. If they have soured behind the scenes, I'd expect him to leave at the end of the season anyway.

I don’t think it will be a falling out if or when it comes it will be a fairly amicable if these things can ever be totally so.
Real will have the money to get the deal done from Levy’s standpoint I would have thought.
They might sadly be sniffing around others we cherish that what bother me more.
Still think Pochettino will stay till the summer.

Last edited:
I don’t think it will a falling out if or when it comes it will be a fairly amicable if these things can ever be totally so.
Real will have the money to get the deal done from Levy’s standpoint I would have thought.
They might sadly be sniffing around others we cherish that what bother me more.
Still think Pochettino will stay till the summer.

You are never going to get the kind of compensation for a manager to make it a serious consideration here.

You are never going to get the kind of compensation for a manager to make it a serious consideration here.

IF, if Poch has itchy feet then it will come down to money and timing.
Levy will be aware of the inevitability of this event. Pochettino in no Wenger and Levy is not stupid and knows nothing last for too long in football especially.

IF, if Poch has itchy feet then it will come down to money and timing.
Levy will be aware of the inevitability of this event. Pochettino in no Wenger and Levy is not stupid and knows nothing last for too long in football especially.

He signed a long contract in the summer and seems to be a man of his word. Unless something has changed, I think he'll be here for a while more.

Sherwood is a shoo-in.

Fat Sam is a shoe in, he has always said/thinks he good enough to do it

It might not happen and let’s hope Real leave Poch alone.
But who do see out there that you would ‘seriously’ think could do it.

I seriously cannot see a replacement that fits.

Back