• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Cardiff ***

I don't understand why it looked like we managed the game in the last 15 instead of trying to score as many goals as we can. We need goal difference and it's games like that that should help us pad it.

You obviously didn't watch the Barca game. Nothing wrong with the ref today!
Really, I thought Sanchez booking was a joke, especially considering how 'physical' they were. Replay showed he had a clear view of the pen yet said the defender player the ball when it was yards away.
Terrible display.

Really, I thought Sanchez booking was a joke, especially considering how 'physical' they were. Replay showed he had a clear view of the pen yet said the defender player the ball when it was yards away.
Terrible display.
Didn't look like a pen, and the booking is nothing to moan about. So that's maybe 1 questionable situation out of maybe 200, meaning he got 0,5% of them wrong (if it was a pen, which it wasn't. Even Rose didn't make any fuzz about it).

I really like Rose as a full back, he's really dangerous going forward. On a par with Trippier when he's at his best, which he doesn't look far off at the moment.

Didn't look like a pen, and the booking is nothing to moan about. So that's maybe 1 questionable situation out of maybe 200, meaning he got 0,5% of them wrong (if it was a pen, which it wasn't. Even Rose didn't make any fuzz about it).
What didn't look like a pen about it? The ref even saw he took Rose out because he was signalling that the defender got the ball first. Problem is, the ball was never within a yard of the defender - clearly a pen.

Well seems there's only two people who think it wasnt a pen, you and the ref.
Thats two I've quoted but there was a lot more so your arithmetic is questionable at best.

Glad to see the outbreak of common sense about the match today. Function over form. Love to watch Moura in jink and wriggle his way through traffic. Really growing into the team.

Sean Morrison looked a very decent player today. When Cardiff go down, could easily see him fitting into a better PL side.

I thought he was outstanding. MOTM for me.

The ‘penalty’ incident happened pretty much in front of where I was standing. I half heartedly called for it but wasn’t really. convinced. No one around me seemed particularly outraged that it wasn’t given.
I haven’t seen a replay though yet.

As to the game : we looked very laboured but did nonetheless create enough chances to have won comfortably. We must get better at converting those chances in these games.
Sissoko had a decent game. Moura looked good. Kane battled as Kane does. Winks looks like his confidence is returning. I had forgotten how pacey he can be. Lamela livened things up when he came on.
I think there were some tired legs out there after Wednesday. So, 3 points and a clean sheet is what the table will show, regardless of performance.
I am however looking forward to the game where we do turn it on.

The ‘penalty’ incident happened pretty much in front of where I was standing. I half heartedly called for it but wasn’t really. convinced. No one around me seemed particularly outraged that it wasn’t given.

As to the game : we looked very laboured but did nonetheless create enough chances to have won comfortably. We must get better at converting those chances in these games.
Sissoko had a decent game. Moura looked good. Kane battled as Kane does. Winks looks like his confidence is returning. I had forgotten how pacey he can be. Lamela livened things up when he came on.
I think there were some tired legs out there after Wednesday. So, 3 points and a clean sheet is what the table will show, regardless of performance.

Indeed. And when we do, somebody is going to get a reet good hiding, as we say up North....hopefully its West Ham next time out

Well seems there's only two people who think it wasnt a pen, you and the ref.
Thats two I've quoted but there was a lot more so your arithmetic is questionable at best.
Dean did NOT have a bad game. End of! Just because there were two(!!) decisions you don't agree with, that doesn't make it a bad game for the ref! Honestly, there were plenty of other things to worry about!

Kane got another battering today. It’s almost as if he’s playing in a game from the late 80’s/early 90’s the way he gets smashed every time he’s on the ball while refs give fouls and yellows for much less on other players. At least it seems that way. In so many league games the CB’s have fouled him so many times before the get a card (if they even do).

Dean did NOT have a bad game. End of! Just because there were two(!!) decisions you don't agree with, that doesn't make it a bad game for the ref! Honestly, there were plenty of other things to worry about!
And given his previous goal celebrations when we’ve scored he’s got to be careful. I’m sure if Cardiff had equalized he would have done his bit.

Not saying that there isn't a lot to be worried about from our point of view, but that doesn't change the fact that the ref imv had a terrible game.

You're pretty alone with that view.

Don't think I am as he was getting called out for the red card and no pen.
I would agree with no pen if he said rose went to easy, but to say that it was because the defender p,aged the ball is a shocking decision.
He gave same totally bizarre decisions, Sanchez booking, red card, giving a foul against dier when he was barged, not giving a foul against trippier on I think it was hoillet.

Don't think I am as he was getting called out for the red card and no pen.
I would agree with no pen if he said rose went to easy, but to say that it was because the defender p,aged the ball is a shocking decision.
He gave same totally bizarre decisions, Sanchez booking, red card, giving a foul against dier when he was barged, not giving a foul against trippier on I think it was hoillet.
Called out by who? Pundits? They are always correct and know the rules... Sure.

Sanchez booking = doesn't HAVE to give it, but totally within the rules.
Red card = Stone wall. Can be given for 3 reasons: kicking an opponent off the ball, unnecessary force or violent conduct.
Dier situation = totally the right call. Dier is looking at the player and moves in on him on purpose. Opponent looking at the ball. No argument.
Trippier one you mention, I don't know what situation you refer to.

Do you actually have any sort of knowledge of the rules of football?
For the record, I've been a referee since I was 13 years old, making it 27 years now, having refereed at the 2nd highest level. That doesn't make me an expert, but at least I can assess the situations and know what rules are used.

Happy with the win but really disappointed with the unconvincing performance. Thought we would get a big win after scoring early. But we got complacent after that and failed to make use of our goal scoring chances. It could have been worse for us as Cardiff had many goal scoring chances which they failed to make use of as well. We really should learn to be more ruthless against bottom teams instead of getting complacent after scoring early. We were not helped by another puzzling team selection by Pochettino who started the out-of-form Son instead of in-form Lamela yet again.

Credit to Dier for scoring our only goal. But this win would have been more enjoyable if Kane had scored his first ever goal against Cardiff. After all, Kane has scored against 26 teams he has played against in the PL and Cardiff is the only team he has yet to score against. Thought Kane would be fired up and score at least 2 goals but he didn't look like scoring whole match. In contrast, Moura wasted at least 3 goal scoring chances he had especially in the first half. Getting a bit impatient with Moura as he started the season with 3 goals in 3 matches but has not scored in 7 matches now. Moura always seems to get many goal scoring chances but always seems to shoot off target or straight to the defender or goalie. Son had another poor match and even wasted an open goal. Not sure how Son gets to start matches for us despite not scoring in 18 matches now. Really annoyed Lamela didn't start instead of Son. Lamela had scored or assisted in all his 6 matches he played before this but didn't have much time to make the difference after coming on for the last 18 minutes. Lamela did have a shot on target which was saved by the goalie.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Our midfield of Dier, Winks and Sissoko played well in patches but made their fair share of mistakes. We didn't really control the midfield which allowed Cardiff to make many attacks on our goal. Thought Sissoko had a decent match without making much impact for us. For all his hard work and runs, Sissoko was unable to help our attacks much. In fact, Sissoko had 1 or 2 half goal scoring chances which he could have done better. Fortunately for us, Dier scored his first goal for us since April 2017.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet but we had to rely on luck for that as well. Cardiff had a few open goal scoring chances which they failed to score including hitting the post after being saved by Lloris. As usual, Lloris made a few good saves and mistakes as well. Alderweireld had to make a goal like clearance after Lloris made a blunder in the second half. In fact, our defence looked shakey everytime Cardiff attacked. Fortunately for us, Cardiff didn't have a reliable striker to make use of those chances.

Our failure to score more goals against Cardiff is going to be costly for us. Arsenal can overtake us in the league for the first time this season if they win by 3 goals against Fulham. I think the red card to the Cardiff player troubled us more instead of helping us. We rarely play well against 10-men team and this was proved yet again. We also need to learn to be more clinical in front of goal. Let's hope we will have all our injured players back after the international break.

Kane got another battering today. It’s almost as if he’s playing in a game from the late 80’s/early 90’s the way he gets smashed every time he’s on the ball while refs give fouls and yellows for much less on other players. At least it seems that way. In so many league games the CB’s have fouled him so many times before the get a card (if they even do).
He stands up to the buffeting which is admirable, but he'll get nothing for it. Being honest is not a trait rewarded in the modern game.

Back