• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Cardiff ***

What I hoped was, that after the 2nd half on Wednesday we'd take that intensity on but we haven't. One of the main differences between us and Barcelona was they did everything at speed, if we done that we'd murder teams but we insist on slowing everything to a walking pace. Even if you're passing along the back, do it so it's one touch and pass at speed and move the opposition about.

We need that if we're going to go up a level. Plus, I wouldn't even call that a press from Cardiff, which is why, when good teams do actually press us we struggle.

We are not clinical enough. Considering the chances we've had we should be further ahead, even not playing at our best.

I am thick. Someone please explain to me how we are supposed to play out from the back when faced with a high press..

Sent from my SM-J600G using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You get the ball into a central midfielder dropping deep, who is very comfortable in possession i.e. a dembele or Winks. No idea why we aren't doing that.

Lucas and Son were terrrible in those instances at the end. Nothing to say about Son other than that was fudging crap but Lucas' bodyshape was all wrong when calling for the pass. He was completely straight with his hands up ala what you do when calling for a 40 yard pass, he should have been slightly crouched ready to batter it when Son passed the ball. His pose meant all he could muster was a pathetic pass shot with no back lift and aim.

Really very bad from the pair of them preventing us from being 2-0 up right now.

Please for the love of GHod get Sissoko off.

What I hoped was, that after the 2nd half on Wednesday we'd take that intensity on but we haven't. One of the main differences between us and Barcelona was they did everything at speed, if we done that we'd murder teams but we insist on slowing everything to a walking pace. Even if you're passing along the back, do it so it's one touch and pass at speed and move the opposition about.

We need that of I'm a going you up a level.

Agree. Trippier went down for a foul. Looked nothing in it but took ages to get up and take the free kick. This small things are what will keep testing the oppo’s concentration and you eventually get an error.

Quite a poor performance from us, but Cardiff are absolutely rubbish. If we can get up to 3rd gear we will win this easily. Playing as we are, we are in danger of sleep-walking our way to a poor result.

Lamela on for Sissoko please (I guess around 60 minutes, unlike Poch to make a sub at half-time unless forced to by injury). Perhaps Wanyama on for Winks, we could do with someone carrying the ball through midfield, Wanyama might be able to bulldoze his way through and open up a bit of space. Plus Winks will probably be knackered by about 70 minutes with how much running he had to do v Barca.

Might be my imagination, but Sanchez and Toby look like a poor partnership. We have been done twice by straightforward play through the middle of the team that between them, they should have dealt with more easily. That will give Cardiff encouragement.

Get 2-0 up and it's over. Let's hope we can do that early 2nd half and then just canter to an easy win.

Son getting heaps on here (even prior to the miss). It wasn’t amazing but he had a few decent moments around their box (put one on a plate for Moura) and a few times he was in good areas but slow ponderous passing didn’t get to him. Chill out.

We've looked hesitant, lax, allowed them to win too high a percentage of loose ball in the middle of the park, encouraging them to grow in confidence. Not that it's any great shock, the exact opposite of the attitude Poch identified as required in his presser.

Not sure how this is still 1-0. should be 3-1 and more relaxed. As it is, far from over. We are probably the only Top 4 side that will make Cardiff look dangerous on their travels.
Badly need to get the 2nd goal, or its going to be very nervy last few minutes.

Lamela time soon surely

W e're missing Dele, Eriksen and Dembele - the three players who together control the centre of the pitch and possession for us. It shouldnt be a surprise that we can't control games with all of them out. Lose one of them, or sometimes even two, and we could cope, but not all 3 of them.

That said, myself and others said all summer that we needed another ball-playing centre/attacking midfielder, and the temporary loss of these 3 at the moment highlights why

I can’t work the Lamela situation out. Is he:

A. A bit injured (I thought Weds was cramp).
B. Just being rotated for Sissoko (would be annoyed at this as he didn’t start last weekend and it’s internationals next so plenty of time to rest).

If fit he should be on.

W e're missing Dele, Eriksen and Dembele - the three players who together control the centre of the pitch and possession for us. It shouldnt be a surprise that we can't control games with all of them out. Lose one of them, or sometimes even two, and we could cope, but not all 3 of them.

That said, myself and others said all summer that we needed another ball-playing centre/attacking midfielder, and the temporary loss of these 3 at the moment highlights why

Agree. You would think Lamela is the closest after the ones missing, so must have a knock.

Back