• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

It all about opinion Mr.

I'm not an appreciator of Eric as a defensive mid. Like the lad from what we have seen around the media.
Kante is wonderful because of his athleticism which Eric lacks. Not Erics 'fault' just a fact.
I think we need a more dynamic/fit defensive midfielder. Winks if he can stay fit can do a job.

I think this is where people go wrong with that position. Dier is a defensive player, Winks is more pivot type. They need each other to thrive, hence why I didn't get playing Moussa on his won once we went a goal ahead as he isn't defensive, he is creative with his dribblin

I think this is where people go wrong with that position. Dier is a defensive player, Winks is more pivot type. They need each other to thrive, hence why I didn't get playing Moussa on his won once we went a goal ahead as he isn't defensive, he is creative with his dribblin

Dier cant just be solely a defensive player in today’s game I don’t think.
We need more from him. I think you are spot on he is ‘purely’ a defensive midfielder and too one demential.

Kane was a great player and would walk into our side, on top of that he was a great captain ( which at the moment we lack). I agree with those that say Dier should/could be the best capt for us, i have seen Dier tear into our players when they have made stupid mistakes ( not mistakes that all players make) but ones they should not be making.

Kane was a great player and would walk into our side, on top of that he was a great captain ( which at the moment we lack). I agree with those that say Dier should/could be the best capt for us, i have seen Dier tear into our players when they have made stupid mistakes ( not mistakes that all players make) but ones they should not be making.

Roy Keane? Oh yes
Lots and lots of yellow card in today’s game!

Dier cant just be solely a defensive player in today’s game I don’t think.

We need more from him. I think you are spot on he is ‘purely’ a defensive midfielder and too one demential.

His passing makes him much more than just a stopper but ultimately he is there to do a "defensive role". Look at his assist for Dele at Chelsea and some of his passes in the England 3rd place game

His ability to drop into the CB role during a game is huge and plugs gaps that others wouldn't know are there and something that even Kante couldn't do

Reactions: DTA
Sorry but I think your wrong

Poch plays him alarmist every game... he knows his stuff

Mou the master of defensive football wanted him over Matic but we wouldn’t sell... he knows defensive football

He hasn’t played in the team with the best defence in the league twice IIRC... that’s alone show shows how good he is

he makes other players look good in a way like Makalele did (he doesn’t play the same way) and you notice when he isn’t there

Yes he has made mistakes but every player does (just look at Hugo in the final, or Kane’s misses this season), but we play high risk football and he suits us. The only player better than him in that role in this league is Kante imo
Dier's far better on the ball than Kante

Yet some people claim he's done as a footballer.

I'm one of his biggest fans but he is on the downslope. He was good yesterday but injuries and his physical manner of play are catching up with him. His consistency is suffering and performances like yesterday will become less frequent. I still think if used properly we could possibly get another useful season out of him but that approach only makes sense if we see one of the kids, Onomah, Amos, etc. as his successor.

Is his contract up this year or do we have a +1 year option?

I had to do a double take when I saw him running into the opposition half for Lamela's goal against Watford. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a nose bleed being so far up the pitch and running a that speed.

Yet some people claim he's done as a footballer.

He is. He can still contribute off the bench as we saw against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham but he’s losing the ability to go past players with ease which is what makes him so great because he can transition defence to attack in a way no other Spurs player can.

I can’t understand Braineclipse’s post saying Dembele held us back. In the season Leicester won the league, he was vital for us. We barely lost a league game when he started. He’s been similarly important over the last two years. The performance in Turin last season was ridiculously good.

Sadly, I don’t think he has much of that in him anymore.

Why did he get subbed at HT in the Huddersfield game? Was it tactical or injury? Just wondering if he'll start v Barca or not.

I was just thinking the opposite. In our Champions Leagues games against Juve, Dortmund and others I can't recall he completely bossed central midfield. I will be glad if his name is on the team sheet. Bring him off for Wanyama, Son or Moura on the hour mark.
Agreed.

History has proven Mousa DOES need a run of games to get up to speed.

And when he does, he has been of our biggest 'big game' players... devastated he appears to be out for Barca

Sent from my SM-G960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back