• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carabao Cup draw - The road to Wembley (Via Milton Keynes!)

Didn't realise the league cup ties would be same midweek as the city game. I'm amazed City agreed to change the game to Monday with this in mind. They really must few the league cup with minuture priority.

They could in theory ask to play their tie on the Thursday and then push their following league game to Sunday, as unlike us they play their CL game on the Wednesday.

For us though there is no room to manoeuvre and Poch must therefore rest every player that would have played City two days earlier.

For Ham it is possibly the biggest game in their history and they won't rest many, but what other choice do we have?

They didn’t really have a choice

So we play Emirates Marketing Project on the Monday evening, and the West Ham on the Wednesday ie just 48 hours later?!?

We're going to have a strong team out for the Spammers game then aren't we??? Assume it will be a completely different 11 for West Ham given that the Man C will be particularly knackering

So we play Emirates Marketing Project on the Monday evening, and the West Ham on the Wednesday ie just 48 hours later?!?

I'm a going to have a strong team out for the Spammers game then aren't we??? Assume it will be a completely different 11 for West Ham given that the Man C will be particularly knackering
On the upside, the pitch at Wembley should be in such a parlous state after NFL game on the Sunday that Emirates Marketing Project should struggle to pass the ball accurately too... So perhaps Pochettino will give Llorente a start and go full hoof ball!

I'm a going to have a strong team out for the Spammers game then aren't we??? Assume it will be a completely different 11 for West Ham given that the Man C will be particularly knackering

Yup and then we have a tricky away game at wolves followed by CL.

Hopefully the squad is fully fit when this period comes around and then we can still put out a decent side, whilst resting everyone from the city game - something like:

Gazzaniga
Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies
Wanyama, Winks
Lamela, Sissoko, Son
Llorente

With it being such a monumental game for Ham and their supporters, they will potentially rest no one and their players will be ultra motivated and their supporters will probably take the week off work to build themselves up for it and then toss in the days after.

So we will probably struggle to match their intensity and lose.

But we have to choose what we go for. Due to the schedule we cannot go for them all.

Yup and then we have a tricky away game at wolves followed by CL.

Hopefully the squad is fully fit when this period comes around and then we can still put out a decent side, whilst resting everyone from the city game - something like:

Gazzaniga
Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth, Davies
Wanyama, Winks
Lamela, Sissoko, Son
Llorente

With it being such a monumental game for Ham and their supporters, they will potentially rest no one and their players will be ultra motivated and their supporters will probably take the week off work to build themselves up for it and then toss in the days after.

So we will probably struggle to match their intensity and lose.

But we have to choose what we go for. Due to the schedule we cannot go for them all.

Can't see our team being very different to that - possibly KWP in. Either way we're going out; by Poch playing such an understated hand i can't believe the XI on the field will be overly bothered whilst as we know it's their Cup Final. I hope it isn't on TV or else we'll just be listening to 'It's happening again' as soon as they head into a 2-0 lead.

Yeah this is a pain, they will play their best x1 and be fully motivated, we have other priorities so I’m happy for us to play the reserves but I want us to match them for effort as even our first team has let us down against them for that recently.

Glad we avoided ManCity Chelsea and Arsenal but we still face a tough London derby against West Ham. They always seem to lift their game against us as we have lost our last 2 League Cup matches against them, both at home. Who can forget the League Cup Round 4 match last season when we led 2-0 but still lost 2-3 ! Hope we will play our best available players against them.

Neither us or City will want to do that.

Look out for our game being scheduled on the Tuesday and the City game being pushed back to later in the season.

Neither us or City will want to do that.

Look out for our game being scheduled on the Tuesday and the City game being pushed back to later in the season.

Not a chance of City being moved again surely
We have already been told to compensate their fans

And they'll want more, having already booked trains etc from the grim north down to that there London for a Monday night kick off, won't they? I certainly fvcking will! :mad:

Yeah but your a mug... sorry fan... sorry paying customer...sorry a number....

Clubs don’t actually care for fans one bit anymore and it shows whilst the £££ is rolling in

Yeah but your a mug... sorry fan... sorry paying customer...sorry a number....

Clubs don’t actually care for fans one bit anymore and it shows whilst the £££ is rolling in

It's comforting that after such a long spell away from posting, some things will always remain the same. I've no doubt you're an intelligent person BedfordSpurs, and you post a lot of sense but fuuuuck me, you're/your - they're/their....I think I'm right in guessing that English is your first language, get it together man!!!!*

*awaits baying mob to correct any mistake in my posts**

It'll sound like I'm being a dingdong for the sake of it, sorry for coming across that way, I'm trying to help.

Back