• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Just look at LAmela's through-ball to Alli here, to win the penalty.

What a pass, through a forest of legs.

Son was the obvious pass, everyone assumed Lamela would poke it left, but he cut it back right onto Alli's foot with perfect timing, angle and weight, BRILLIANT pass that.

If you pause the video just as it goes from 4:40 to 4:41 you will see the ball go past 2 defenders and through the legs of the third defender, just perfect

Just look at LAmela's through-ball to Alli here, to win the penalty.

What a pass, through a forest of legs.

Son was the obvious pass, everyone assumed Lamela would poke it left, but he cut it back right onto Alli's foot with perfect timing, angle and weight, BRILLIANT pass that.

If you pause the video just as it goes from 4:40 to 4:41 you will see the ball go past 2 defenders and through the legs of the third defender, just perfect
It's a beautiful pass.

I think it's also why people don't like Lamela. He always chooses the higher risk, higher value (if it succeeds) pass. He'll often delay the pass to pull a defender out of shape, or play the back heel nobody expects so that our player is in clear space, etc. I think some people see this as him being less good than a Scott Parker who will complete nearly 100% of his passes with no regard as to how the recipient is marked or what it does to the general shape of the move, etc.

It's a beautiful pass.

I think it's also why people don't like Lamela. He always chooses the higher risk, higher value (if it succeeds) pass. He'll often delay the pass to pull a defender out of shape, or play the back heel nobody expects so that our player is in clear space, etc. I think some people see this as him being less good than a Scott Parker who will complete nearly 400% of his passes with no regard as to how the recipient is marked or what it does to the general shape of the move, etc.
Only other person we have in the team to do the high risk pass is Ali, and he gets a fair bit of stick for losing the ball - think we could do with a few others myself.

(Eriksen pulls off amazing passes but they are rarely disguised high risk, just amazing).

It's a beautiful pass.

I think it's also why people don't like Lamela. He always chooses the higher risk, higher value (if it succeeds) pass. He'll often delay the pass to pull a defender out of shape, or play the back heel nobody expects so that our player is in clear space, etc. I think some people see this as him being less good than a Scott Parker who will complete nearly 400% of his passes with no regard as to how the recipient is marked or what it does to the general shape of the move, etc.

Another example of how dangerous it can be to use stats in isolation to prove a point.

That’s an exceptional pass.

Mauricio Pochettino claims Tottenham deserve Erik Lamela at his best

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/2...-claims-tottenham-deserve-erik-lamela-at-his/

---------------------------------------------------------

Lamela unhappy to be all by himself

https://www.football.london/tottenh...-results/lamelas-anger-lost-shinpad--15207789

---------------------------------------------

Lamela is easily the most passionate Spurs player in the team. As Pochettino mentions, we deserve to see the best of Lamela this season after patiently waiting for him to recover from his injuries last season. But we cannot put pressure on him by relying too much of him. He has either scored or assisted a goal in all his 5 matches so far this season but we cannot expect him to suddenly become our top scorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love him, his impact role is crucial to our overall game. I think he should be given more minutes but that could well be 30 mins against Huddersfield. Defenders can't cope with his energy and skill when he comes on late. Hard to play that way when you start from the first minute. Five goals in not a lot of minutes speaks volumes for the lad though.

I honestly believe if you see him no more than an impact player then you really do not appreciate his qualities

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/29/spurs-fans-react-to-erik-lamelas-argentina-snub/

Argentina coach is really stupid for not picking Lamela. Maybe Lamela still not starting a league match this season could be one of the reason he was not picked for his national team. But with Argentina in such a shyte form for the past few years, Lamela's work rate and creativity can really help them. After all, Lamela did score a brilliant goal for Argentina against Germany 4 years ago.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/29/spurs-fans-react-to-erik-lamelas-argentina-snub/

Argentina coach is really stupid for not picking Lamela. Maybe Lamela still not starting a league match this season could be one of the reason he was not picked for his national team. But with Argentina in such a shyte form for the past few years, Lamela's work rate and creativity can really help them. After all, Lamela did score a brilliant goal for Argentina against Germany 4 years ago.
Just out of interest who should he replace in the squad and why?

Holy brick MK, not another formation. How about 4321? or 1234? Or 1212121?
For me 3421 is just one of our common options when we play wing backs and last season I thought we looked better with Alli and Eriksen supporting Kane. 4321 I wouldn’t mind if Eriksen or Alli were one of the 3, 1234 feels a bit too Ossie for me and 1213121 is a bit too narrow.

Are you serious? He's better than all the other midfielders in that squad! He's better than all the attackers too, bar maybe Dybala.
Genuinely don’t follow other league games so was interested to see how stupid it really was to leave Pamela out given the minutes he’s actually played this season.

200w.gif

Back