• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** Tottenham Hotspur v Huddlestone Town 29th Sept

We didn't have to do much to win, and that's how we like it. I want us to 'look' better...but I know those days will come.

It is the best atmosphere in the league and fair play to them, their team are bang average and although they are fully committed/motivated as a team, defensively they are tinkle poor and give out chances like Christmas presents.

If that was us, the only noise you'd hear is moaning, so give them (their fans) some slack.

Yeah, their fans were fantastic. Impressed with how they supported their team throughout. You'd think they were leading 3-0 at the end there. Silly to boo Kane and call him a cheat, but we all know how that is.

Hudders really are a team of a lot of poor individual players though, but somehow manage to pull together when needed. Impressive that they managed to stay up at all. If we'd have met them while in good form we'd have smashed them to bits.

Haven’t seen the goals or highlights but glad to see Kane still scoring despite his overall play not quite being to his usual high standards.

the shadows the stands cast over the pitch there are really quite annoying
Unfortunately that may well be the case at NWHL with the ring of steel walkway above the south stand, with the badger on.
It will look awesome itself, but will cast an annoying shadow on the pitch on super-sunny days

Surprised at the pessimism in this thread. Thought yesterday was a good showing. We weathered their early barrage quite comfortably and always looked the much more likely team to score.
You're not wrong, it's just that our passing and composure was woeful - we were scrapping to win the ball and scratching poor passes into people's chests at the wrong speed, rather than calming down and playing neat triangles and moving into space etc, we were scratching and hacking and scraping at the ball and needed to calm down.
Other than that it was a really good day in all the ways you listed, just scrappy play and with Barca coming up and chasing Pool/City/Cheatski, it wasn't really "good enough"

Watching Liverpool and Chelsea shows how far behind we are.

The speed that they play the ball about at is tremendous. None of the pea rolling passes our back line play to one another, these are passes zipped across the pitch with conviction followed with first touches that leave the man receiving the ball with time to look up and make decisions. We play it so slowly that the player receiving the ball is under pressure taking their first touch and has no time to make a decision.

Not saying i agree with your first line but the Liverpool/ Chelski game was a pleasure to watch and the best one i have seen for a while.

As for us we won the game easily, good to see Kane looking more like his old self and was the MOM for me closely followed by Sanchez. We are still not up to pace yet but that win puts us back into the top four ( crisis? what crisis). I do think City will win the Lge again but we are in their fighting for the next three positions.

The only positives about our consistent poor passing this season is that Barca scouting us this season will think this is an easy game. We tend to raise it for the big CL games and against Barca at Wembley I certainly see that being the case. I’m more fearful when it comes to the Nou Camp though....
Hopefully they'll be well qualified by then and play the kids.

Good to continue our winning run but it was not really a comfortable win. We played well in the first half and deserved to take the 2-0 lead. But we didn't turn up for the second half. We were very fortunate not to concede as they hit the post in the second half. If they had scored, it would have put undue pressure on us. We should have scored the magical third goal to kill the game off instead of going on a sleeping mode in the second half. At least we managed to keep the clean sheet after so long.

Well done to Kane for scoring both our goals. It was a brilliant header for our first goal and well-taken penalty for our second goal. But Kane is still not at his best as he wasted another one-on-one chance earlier the first half. Kane's main strengths have been his powerful and accurate shots which has been missing since January. He seemed to be less confident scoring with his feet nowadays. He is relying on headers and penalties to score goals nowadays and this was the case again in this match. With Eriksen out injured, was really surprised Pochettino didn't play Lamela at all. Thought it was too risky even with Huddersfield being bottom of the league. Moura had a quiet match while Son had another poor match and has not scored in his last 16 matches for us now.

Our midfield didn't have much to do as Huddersfield were poor. But we got complacent in the second half and almost got punished for it. Good to see Wanyama coming on and helping us keep this clean sheet. Dier had a decent match but still made a few errors that put our goal in danger. Was disappointed Sissoko only came on in the last minute. Felt Sissoko would have troubled Huddersfield with his hard work if he had come on earlier.

Really glad our defence managed to keep this clean sheet. But it was really tense in the second half when Huddersfield started to put pressure on us. We were very fortunate they only hit the post. All our opponents seem to try those long range shots against us. We should be more alert and block those shots. Was worried when Vertonghen went off injured. But Gazzaniga and Alderweireld helped us to stop the Huddersfield attacks.

Wish we had won by a bigger score like last season when we won 4-0. With Arsenal and Chelsea much improved under new managers, goal difference might decide the top 4 race this season. At least we managed to win and keep the cleat sheet. Let's hope this win will help our confidence when we play Barcelona in the CL next.

We didn't have to do much to win, and that's how we like it. I want us to 'look' better...but I know those days will come.

It is the best atmosphere in the league and fair play to them, their team are bang average and although they are fully committed/motivated as a team, defensively they are tinkle poor and give out chances like Christmas presents.

If that was us, the only noise you'd hear is moaning, so give them (their fans) some slack.

I shall do no such thing :D

Back