• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Dons v Watford Town

Capoue did his best, tried to miss the chance but Davies steered it in, so missed the pen. Gomes kindly diving over Alli's pen and then helping the last one in - Yiddo's!

When the relief wears off we need to look into why we are failing to close games out - the last 5 Minutes are starting to feel like the Jol years.

My theory is that we have not been playing a settled defensive shape. Make no mistake, Vorm has cost us BIG time in terms of his lack of presence and confident distribution, and I do feel that Toby has not been anywhere near the player we knew.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Lucky?! Really?! Ok, so the shot was going wide, but we gifted them the opportunity by Pamela inexcusably giving it away on the same flank we had no RB cover!!! Success had a clean run at Sanch (who was poor also). Goal came from that. Could've easily been avoided.

Lamela, for all his graft and recent goals, still doesn't give the ball at the right time, holding on for too long.

Yeah i'm critical, but i hate gifting goalscoring chances away. Make a team fudging work for their efforts on goal

I agree, it was poor from us in the build-up to the lucky deflection.

Yeah lamela has to some of the blame for the second goal, but he lost at the way line with four defenders behind him and we still couldn't defend it.

It's a bit worrying. We need to do one thing or the other, and you'd think given that we all have players that have been here more than a year on the pitch we should be able to do that. It isn't bad to drop deep to defend a lead just like it isn't bad to press for a second if everyone does it. But we still seem to be trying to gain our team cohesion back in critical moments.

What did those that went make of the ground?
Nice comfy seats in Club Red section and compactness of stadium felt a bit more like WHL than soulless Wembley. Someone in our corner got chased by stewards after celebrations for Lamela’s goal but I didn’t quite see exactly what happened, assume he jumped onto pitch.

However the concourse needs more stalls, as the queues were so long I gave up trying to get a drink at half time (although we did bump into Clive Allen walking from press area) whilst a mate with kids missed first 5 minutes of 2nd half.

Also the traffic in and out of area was horrendous before game (which I guess is due to nearest train station being 3 miles away) and it took over 45 minutes to drive last mile up A5 to the ground. We ended up parking on the grass verge by Primark along with dozens of other vehicles as queues to industrial estates were barely moving.

Even though we waited around to meet the unused subs after match the traffic towards Bletchley was still gridlocked a half hour after final whistle.

Nice comfy seats in Club Red section and compactness of stadium felt a bit more like WHL than soulless Wembley. Someone in our corner got chased by stewards after celebrations for Lamela’s goal but I didn’t quite see exactly what happened, assume he jumped onto pitch.

However the concourse needs more stalls, as the queues were so long I gave up trying to get a drink at half time (although we did bump into Clive Allen walking from press area) whilst a mate with kids missed first 5 minutes of 2nd half.

Also the traffic in and out of area was horrendous before game (which I guess is due to nearest train station being 3 miles away) and it took over 45 minutes to drive last mile up A5 to the ground. We ended up parking on the grass verge by Primark along with dozens of other vehicles as queues to industrial estates were barely moving.

Even though we waited around to meet the unused subs after match the traffic towards Bletchley was still gridlocked a half hour after final whistle.

I did say parking would be bad and there were motorway and train problems

My mate who went was told that we have an agreement to play the next game there if we get drawn at home

I did say parking would be bad and there were motorway and train problems

My mate who went was told that we have an agreement to play the next game there if we get drawn at home
I certainly hope not, as I can get to Wembley in half the time even though it’s twice the distance from my house!

I thought we were better last night and we seemed to have some of out fluidity back, we are still not back to our best but we are getting there. It was good to see Winks getting back to his pass and move and looking forward for the ball, Toby was hitting those long passes he makes and they were coming off and he seems to be getting his game back together again. Though Serge had a very good game ( my MOM) and we are now begining to see the players we thought/hoped he would be when we signed him, only downside was seeing him go of injured and i hope for his sake ( and ours) its not to serious.

Lamela was very good and looks like he is finally getting fit and he adds so much to our game not only with his skill but work rate as well. Wanyama was getting stuck in and looking like his old self and Gazza in goal was impressive with the way he was bossing the team in front of him.

All in all it was a better team effort and when you think it was without he likes of Jan, Lloris, Eriksen, Kane, Dier then hopefully we are on the up again.

Back