• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

Gone under the radar so far, thankfully.

They'll just be biding their time. We've started winning again, so they won't maximise the negative impact potential of the story if they shoot their bolt now. They'll hang on, hoping we enter another "crisis" period or, failing that, till just before we play one of their favourites.

I dont think anyone is saying much more than that mate - Not many think Liverpool will win the league, just that they are currently 'best of the rest'....

I can get on board with that.
They are probably the second best team in the country atm. I still think though that there will be more points between city and second place than between us and Liverpool come the end of the season.

I have been impressed by what i have seen of Wolves so far, can they keep it up for the rest of the season though?.

Wolves have been great although I’m not convinced they have enough goals at this level to do great things this season... but they will add more players quickly I’m sure and progress

Neves is a player I’d love to see in a spurs shirt

Wolves have been great although I’m not convinced they have enough goals at this level to do great things this season... but they will add more players quickly I’m sure and progress

Neves is a player I’d love to see in a spurs shirt

What has impressed me is the way they approach the game, a lot of promoted clubs try to stay solid and hope for a point where Wolves look like they are interested in actually trying to win games. That may not last but they have several players who can play and i am looking forward to see their progress.

They have only lost one game ( against Leicester) and Puyol said in that game that Wolves were unlucky. But as we know its a long season and as you say they have money so it will be interesting to see what they do in Jan.

What has impressed me is the way they approach the game, a lot of promoted clubs try to stay solid and hope for a point where Wolves look like they are interested in actually trying to win games. That may not last but they have several players who can play and i am looking forward to see their progress.

They have only lost one game ( against Leicester) and Puyol said in that game that Wolves were unlucky. But as we know its a long season and as you say they have money so it will be interesting to see what they do in Jan.
I think Wolves are a different kettle of fish to other promoted clubs, they have spent a fair bit and circumvented the rules on agents like no other promoted club before them. They were widely regarded as the best side the Championship has seen, they’ve got some really good players, so I don’t think it’s much of a surprise they are performing well. I had them for a mid table finish at the start of the season.

The City and Utd performances were impressive all the same though.

No we were very much flavour of the month as we were the new progressive side and Poch was the new football genius ... As became pep and now Klopp

If you check my comments on keita is actually said if settles and doesn’t get sent off the they have a real player.

I stand by the lack of leaders comment and I haven’t seen any yet. It’s something out fans criticise us for but we have as many IMO if not more, but again it’s an opinion

PSG were atrocious and pedestrian and yet pool almost let that game slip. City would have put them to bed

Pool we’re very solid this weekend I will say
I think it’s lasted a lot longer than flavour of the month but hey ho. City would have put PSG to bed is a very easy thing to say without ever knowing what they would have done. Had Liverpool lost to Lyon at home I’m sure you would have claimed City would have put them to bed too....

I can get on board with that.
They are probably the second best team in the country atm. I still think though that there will be more points between city and second place than between us and Liverpool come the end of the season.
I think they have are a slightly better team than us, and will run City closer than you think as normally a team finds it a lot harder to win league in second season in this country but of course it’s early days and I wouldn’t be shocked if we finished ahead of them, I don’t think they’re that much better just marginally and think over the course of the season they will prove it...

I think it’s lasted a lot longer than flavour of the month but hey ho. City would have put PSG to bed is a very easy thing to say without ever knowing what they would have done. Had Liverpool lost to Lyon at home I’m sure you would have claimed City would have put them to bed too....

City should have
But they didn’t
Pool should have smashed PSG as they were miles better

Our major problem as I see it is that because of the current make up of our squad, we now really have to focus on English or home grown players. Hence the interest in Berkeley, Zaha, Grealish, Stx. These guys are really difficult to sign for a variety of reasons. They command a premium price, which combined with our wage structure and the strength of our first team, are all factors which mitigate against our signing these type of players.

Something needs to give and I am not sure what !

Our major problem as I see it is that because of the current make up of our squad, we now really have to focus on English or home grown players. Hence the interest in Berkeley, Zaha, Grealish, Stx. These guys are really difficult to sign for a variety of reasons. They command a premium price, which combined with our wage structure and the strength of our first team, are all factors which mitigate against our signing these type of players.

Getting rid of the foreign players we don’t need like NKodou and Llorente would help

I know Grealish has just signed a new contract but if they don’t get promoted this season I think we will be back in for him....

I think Wolves are a different kettle of fish to other promoted clubs, they have spent a fair bit and circumvented the rules on agents like no other promoted club before them. They were widely regarded as the best side the Championship has seen, they’ve got some really good players, so I don’t think it’s much of a surprise they are performing well. I had them for a mid table finish at the start of the season.

The City and Utd performances were impressive all the same though.

Fair point.

Back