• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

Look at it this way, for us to survive in this top 6 group we can't afford to have the seasons like Chelsea or Arsenal have just had. We can't go out and buy at either Chelsea's or Arsenals rate yet. Look at our expenditure this window.

Levy can juggle with best of them but he's no magician.

I think too many people get caught in the buy big and you buy quality.
Eriksen, dele and Wanyama together cost less than felani.
Cost is not always an indication of quality.
First and foremost poch is looking for players to suit his system and with the proper mindset.

I think too many people get caught in the buy big and you buy quality.
Eriksen, dele and Wanyama together cost less than felani.
Cost is not always an indication of quality.
First and foremost poch is looking for players to suit his system and with the proper mindset.

Poch would settle for a couple of midfielders who could last 90 minutes and pass forward "having a good mindset" would be a bloody luxury.
All the other stuff is all just history now.
We need to get shot of that list of players you and I know all too well.
We need 'fresh blood' and yes I agree not like the Felani's of this world.
This season we needed to put more coke on fire to push on this season, we have nearly let boiler go out! When compared to what required to hang on to the coat tails of City. Because that is what we are all trying to do, even the might Klooppool !

Last edited:
Poch would settle for a couple of midfielders who could last 90 minutes and pass forward "having a good mindset" would be a bloody luxury.
All the other stuff is all just history now.
We need to get shot of that list of players you and I know all too well.
We need 'fresh blood' and yes I agree not like the Felani's of this world.
This season we needed to put more coke on fire to push on this season, we have nearly let boiler go out! When compared to what required to hang on to the coat tails of City. Because that is what we are all trying to do, even the might Klooppool !

In general, in an ideal world I agree.
The only difference between us and Liverpool is that they really be they can challenge city over more than one season.
If us or Liverpool win the league over the next 5 years it will be a great achievement, but it will be because City, utd and possibly Chelsea have taken their eye off the ball.

In general, in an ideal world I agree.
The only difference between us and Liverpool is that they really be they can challenge city over more than one season.
If us or Liverpool win the league over the next 5 years it will be a great achievement, but it will be because City, utd and possibly Chelsea have taken their eye off the ball.

The difference between us a Liverpool is £150m ish spent on their squad.
If Liverpool does it will be a great achievement, indeed.
If we did it would be a truly unique sporting achievement surpassing even Leicester. Because on our current transfer budget we are probably outside the current top eight in the EPL.

Pool has gone 'all in' this season to go for the title. I don't see them being able to spend at this rate again for some while.
Chelsea will sell to another billionaire worse/best case. (can't figure which is which).
Arsenal has enough cash reserves to keep changing manager and players till they finally get it right.
United will (see above)
City.....it doesn't matter....

Arsenal have cash reserves to cover their debts - they are yet to pay their loans and thei fans are disappearing fast (the ones who paid for the silly season ticket prices)

Pool are all in but if they don’t win anything this year I can see a change happening as their owners don’t invest traditionally

Roman can only sell to a billionaire due to how much he would want but I’d add that their is not a huge amount of value to add to Chelsea IMO sad their maxing their sponsorships and their fan base isn’t as strung as hyped

Arsenal have no financial restraints. They are in a very healthy financial state. A couple of good months of results and fans will be back!
Chelsea don’t have any problems other than apathy from Roman.
It’s Liverpool that have the biggest problems long term, due to where they are in the country and the lack of owners with the deep pockets need, they can’t put £150m in every season, I don’t think.
City and United think that’s pin money!
Hopefully our income will leave them, Pool behind over the coming decade, this will not be without some bumps in the road, which I am hoping this season is.

Arsenal have no financial restraints. They are in a very healthy financial state. A couple of good months of results and fans will be back!
Chelsea don’t have any problems other than apathy from Roman.
It’s Liverpool that have the biggest problems long term, due to where they are in the country and the lack of owners with the deep pockets need, they can’t put £150m in every season, I don’t think.
City and United think that’s pin money!
Hopefully our income will leave them, Pool behind over the coming decade, this will not be without some bumps in the road, which I am hoping this season is.

Arsenal definately have no financial constraints currently but their new owner takes the money out to pay for his NFL team and their new ground

Chelsea have been claiming to stand on their own two feet for the last couple of years but we all know that’s flimflam

I agree about pool

The difference between us a Liverpool is £150m ish spent on their squad.
If Liverpool does it will be a great achievement, indeed.
If we did it would be a truly unique sporting achievement surpassing even Leicester. Because on our current transfer budget we are probably outside the current top eight in the EPL.

Liverpool are taking a similar gamble klop that we are with Poch and are maybe financially two seasons in front of us.

Liverpool are taking a similar gamble klop that we are with Poch and are maybe financially two seasons in front of us.

Liverpool have gambled financially but it’s a low risk strategy with the money they brought in. Their gonna be behind on income very soon though unless the do something miraculous at their ground

Liverpool have gambled financially but it’s a low risk strategy with the money they brought in. Their gonna be behind on income very soon though unless the do something miraculous at their ground
Yeah as @StephenH says they can't keep that level of investment going.
Big gamble with klop, they really need this to work out, I just don't think it can. At least not to the level of expectation that they are building.

Yeah as @StephenH says they can't keep that level of investment going.
Big gamble with klop, they really need this to work out, I just don't think it can. At least not to the level of expectation that they are building.

Out of interest, what are your reasons for why you think "it can't work out" for Klopp at Liverpool?
And what does "not working out" mean for Klopp and Liverpool exactly?

Out of interest, what are your reasons for why you think "it can't work out" for Klopp at Liverpool?

Winning the league or CL. They could win it once but the deluded cult expect them to win at least one of them every year.
Why, because they aren't good enough, like us, nearly men.
They lack experience of bringing it home.
They rely on a single system.
They don't have great depth in defence.
Klop wastes a lot energy.

Liverpool are on a similar level to us and I expect us to fight it out for the crumbs.
City will win the league, by 8/9 points
Barca or RM the CL
And domestically whoever can perform in the tough rounds will win the FA cup.

Winning the league or CL. They could win it once but the deluded cult expect them to win at least one of them every year.
Why, because they aren't good enough, like us, nearly men.
They lack experience of bringing it home.
They rely on a single system.
They don't have great depth in defence.
Klop wastes a lot energy.

Liverpool are on a similar level to us and I expect us to fight it out for the crumbs.
City will win the league, by 8/9 points
Barca or RM the CL
And domestically whoever can perform in the tough rounds will win the FA cup.

Firstly, Klopp has more experience than Poch when it comes to winning the bigger trophies/going deep into the CL. Tough to stomach but a fact, sadly.

The cult enjoyed finishing 4th in the last two years and can at least see that Klopp is pushing his team to go further - even that BS about "not liking to spend big money" not withstanding.

If they actually are in the PL title race by late April i think the cult will be happy overall: they will see that at least their club/coach is making an attempt to topple City.

Some hardcore fans of theirs (or other rivals) could say similar about us, namely:

- The players AND manager lack experience in bringing it home (and that at least their coach doesn't)
- We rely a lot on Harry Kane (hence the lack of a rest outside of when he's injured)
- No great depth in CM
- We waste energy in pressing and not sitting deep and hitting teams on the break often enough

The fact that Liverpool could be considered to be on a similar level (or realistically better) to/than us atm is an indictment of both our transfer policy and our seeming happiness to sit on our hands since Klopp joined them (they were a bigger mess overall than we were at the time).

I'd love to belittle Liverpool/Klopp in a big way, but i really think people are either underestimating them/overestimating our position atm

It’s working!
Not sure they can take on City though long term with there current owners!
Nor us if I’m being honest!
Man U could with a totally new management team!

It’s working!
Not sure they can take on City though long term with there current owners!
Nor us if I’m being honest!
Man U could with a totally new management team!

To be honest, Liverpool as things stand ARE taking on City...they beat them 3 times out of 4 and Klopp has as good a record as anyone vs Pep. Klopp's buys usually fit into the way that he wants to play and they are usually young-ish.
What does Long-Term even mean these days anyway?

Firstly, Klopp has more experience than Poch when it comes to winning the bigger trophies/going deep into the CL. Tough to stomach but a fact, sadly.

The cult enjoyed finishing 4th in the last two years and can at least see that Klopp is pushing his team to go further - even that BS about "not liking to spend big money" not withstanding.

If they actually are in the PL title race by late April i think the cult will be happy overall: they will see that at least their club/coach is making an attempt to topple City.

Some hardcore fans of theirs (or other rivals) could say similar about us, namely:

- The players AND manager lack experience in bringing it home (and that at least their coach doesn't)
- We rely a lot on Harry Kane (hence the lack of a rest outside of when he's injured)
- No great depth in CM
- We waste energy in pressing and not sitting deep and hitting teams on the break often enough

The fact that Liverpool could be considered to be on a similar level (or realistically better) to/than us atm is an indictment of both our transfer policy and our seeming happiness to sit on our hands since Klopp joined them (they were a bigger mess overall than we were at the time).

I'd love to belittle Liverpool/Klopp in a big way, but i really think people are either underestimating them/overestimating our position atm

It's difficult to argue with klops success at Dortmund, wouldn't even try. not easy to take it to another country though and he's done well enough but I think they as a club have reached their level. Like us.
But Liverpool as a club have become a bit like us, so desperate for success its hindering them.
Disagree on their fans, I don't know reasonable Liverpool supporter, and i know a few.

I don't over estimate our place in the food chain, but yes I think some of our support are getting carried away.

To be honest, Liverpool as things stand ARE taking on City...they beat them 3 times out of 4 and Klopp has as good a record as anyone vs Pep. Klopp's buys usually fit into the way that he wants to play and they are usually young-ish.

5+ years?

ish!

Their taking to city for 6 games so far

Beating city in 2 league games isn’t going to win them the league as we saw last year

Beating everyone else will

I think they will run out of steam, their lack of real depth will show through too

But I may be wrong

Back