• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brave New World- thoughts

Without being able to sell what we already have, yes.

Wanting to sell cheap goods at Harrods prices whilst wanting to buy goods at Harrods as though its Primark will eventually get you to where we are but no further. At some point the excuses will start to look exactly what they are: excuses.

Wanting to sell cheap goods at Harrods prices whilst wanting to buy goods at Harrods as though its Primark will eventually get you to where we are but no further. At some point the excuses will start to look exactly what they are: excuses.
Despite all the grow lights and clever pitch stuff we've installed, Levy's magic money tree isn't yet fully grown.

Once it is, I'm sure you'll get all the player purchases you desire.

It might easily be Poch that is culled (or walks himself) when Levy admits he actually doesn't fancy acting like a Chairman that wants to aim to win the league or CL...

Levy has as much ambition for the club as anyone, more than anyone a lot would say.
Will poch fulfil his ambitions here, who knows,but if he doesn't the club will still be in rude health should he choose to move on.
Levy will give poch all the money he feels is prudent, that's all anyone should expect, and I think poch knows and understand this.
The state of flux at the rest of the big six isn't going to end anytime soon, Only one of them can win the league and no manager will get more than a couple of seasons.
If we can keep our heads and stay there or there abouts then I think us or Liverpool are in a position to snatch the title when Emirates Marketing Project stagger at Peps departure for barca.

Lastly, its not all about how much we spend, but how wisely we spend it.
Levy and poch to seem have a good balance between levy being cautious and players/agents being greedy.

Levy has as much ambition for the club as anyone, more than anyone a lot would say.
Will poch fulfil his ambitions here, who knows,but if he doesn't the club will still be in rude health should he choose to move on.
Levy will give poch all the money he feels is prudent, that's all anyone should expect, and I think poch knows and understand this.
The state of flux at the rest of the big six isn't going to end anytime soon, Only one of them can win the league and no manager will get more than a couple of seasons.
If we can keep our heads and stay there or there abouts then I think us or Liverpool are in a position to snatch the title when Emirates Marketing Project stagger at Peps departure for barca.

Lastly, its not all about how much we spend, but how wisely we spend it.
Levy and poch to seem have a good balance between levy being cautious and players/agents being greedy.

Levy's ambitions seem to have always been about being cautious, no matter how much things are in our favour and when an opportunity presents itself to take a calculated risk to push on, 9 times out of 10 he'll play cautious...i doubt things will be any different once the new stadium is up and earning.
Poch didn't need to sign an extension in the Summer; i'm pretty sure he didn't do it to get absolutely no signings at all; he will now have seen exactly what 'calculated risk' and 'ambition' actually means to Levy.

If there will be any top 6 club in a state of flux over the next few years it will be us; we are not exclusive in that way

What's this based on?

Maybe i should clarify; there is the same chance that we go into a state of flux as there is that any of the other top 6 clubs do.

We have some issues to address too:

- Aging CBs (at least aging first choice ones)
- Aging first choice CMs
- Who will/can replace Eriksen
- Still no real Kane alternative (though manager is trying to come up with alternative tactics/formations we are still not able to rest Kane apart from in league cup games)
- If Poch goes next season who would take over that would also work in a similar way under Levy (who i doubt would change his ways in the new MegaLane era)
- which youngsters are ready to step into the first team squad atm?

Levy's ambitions seem to have always been about being cautious, no matter how much things are in our favour and when an opportunity presents itself to take a calculated risk to push on, 9 times out of 10 he'll play cautious...i doubt things will be any different once the new stadium is up and earning.
Poch didn't need to sign an extension in the Summer; i'm pretty sure he didn't do it to get absolutely no signings at all; he will now have seen exactly what 'calculated risk' and 'ambition' actually means to Levy.

If there will be any top 6 club in a state of flux over the next few years it will be us; we are not exclusive in that way

Our expectations and financial situation mean we are less prone to a sea change every time we don't win the league.
A manager at city, utd and Chelsea won't last long if they don't win either the league or CL after two seasons.

I would counter your levy being over cautious by saying he is more pragmatic.
Poch didn't sign up for no signings but he is also on record as saying he wants his first choices or nothing.I think after this window he may change that opinion. Teams see us as a threat and don't want to sell to us.he needs to widen his view imo.

Our expectations and financial situation mean we are less prone to a sea change every time we don't win the league.
A manager at city, utd and Chelsea won't last long if they don't win either the league or CL after two seasons.

I would counter your levy being over cautious by saying he is more pragmatic.
Poch didn't sign up for no signings but he is also on record as saying he wants his first choices or nothing.I think after this window he may change that opinion. Teams see us as a threat and don't want to sell to us.he needs to widen his view imo.

Ha; that last paragraph sounds like another new "Levy cannot be blamed for anything" mantra.
When and where did Poch say he wanted his first choices or nothing?
I bet there is as much 'record' out there that Poch did have a list that Levy agreed to (and hence the new contract extension) as there is that Levy did his usual leave things to the last minute...

Funny man utd, Chelsea haven't lacked money in recent years and in comparison to us neither have arsenal yet we are much more stable than them.

Depend on how you define stability?

Ongoing funding is critical. Its how the clubs you rightly mentioned are far more robust. If/when they have a bad season as you rightly said they just have had and say don't make CL and maybe buy badly in the transfer windows. They can then just throw money at their problems i.e. change the manager, buy top players, as they have larger financial backing thus can withstand more mistakes on and off the pitch.
We are from what we can see looking in, less likely to withstand a poor window or not qualifying for CL or even worse Europe. When you add this to the expenditure the club is currently undertaking and whichever way Spurs try to spin it, is huge and this increases our vulnerability markedly.
Levy has steered a steady ship over the years and I rate him highly, but he cannot alter the fact that we are not as wealthy as the rest of the top 6.

Last edited:
Despite all the grow lights and clever pitch stuff we've installed, Levy's magic money tree isn't yet fully grown.

Once it is, I'm sure you'll get all the player purchases you desire.

What's your estimate for when said trees will bear fruit?

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing a crop earliest 2023.

Ongoing funding is critical. Its how the clubs you rightly mentioned are far more robust. If/when they have a bad season as you rightly said they just have had and say don't make CL and maybe buy badly in the transfer windows. They can then just throw money at their problems i.e. change the manager, buy top players, as they have larger financial backing thus can withstand more mistakes on and off the pitch.
We are from what we can see looking in, less likely to withstand a poor window or not qualifying for CL or even worse Europe. When you add this to the expenditure the club is currently undertaking and whichever way Spurs try to spin it, is huge and this increases our vulnerability markedly.
Levy has steered a steady ship over the years and I rate him highly, but he cannot alter the fact that we are not as wealthy as the rest of the top 6.

Could be argued that arsenal are in a huge period of volatility... new manager, new structure and a team that’s at its lowest level form the club in a very long time

Chelsea’s owners is barely allowed in the country to make decisions and their current manager is saying their a year away from being ready to play his way... and their star man still hasn’t signed a contract

United have the fans hating the manager and quite a disfunctional side. They do have stability off then pitch though

With pool we have seen them have a great side for a season and then sell a key player who wanted to leave. I will say that currently their not over reliant on one man other than Klopp but stranger things have happened at pool

Could be argued that arsenal are in a huge period of volatility... new manager, new structure and a team that’s at its lowest level form the club in a very long time

Chelsea’s owners is barely allowed in the country to make decisions and their current manager is saying their a year away from being ready to play his way... and their star man still hasn’t signed a contract

United have the fans hating the manager and quite a disfunctional side. They do have stability off then pitch though

With pool we have seen them have a great side for a season and then sell a key player who wanted to leave. I will say that currently their not over reliant on one man other than Klopp but stranger things have happened at pool

Pool has gone 'all in' this season to go for the title. I don't see them being able to spend at this rate again for some while.
Chelsea will sell to another billionaire worse/best case. (can't figure which is which).
Arsenal has enough cash reserves to keep changing manager and players till they finally get it right.
United will (see above)
City.....it doesn't matter....

Well I'd take our stability, ie top three, settled team and manager against any of the 'settled' teams you've mentioned above.
In the last 3 seasons they've all had a season out of CL, had much worse periods of a season than our current 'crisis' and more contract rebel issues than we have.

Ha; that last paragraph sounds like another new "Levy cannot be blamed for anything" mantra.
When and where did Poch say he wanted his first choices or nothing?
I bet there is as much 'record' out there that Poch did have a list that Levy agreed to (and hence the new contract extension) as there is that Levy did his usual leave things to the last minute...

There's plenty levy had to take the blame for, everyone makes mistakes.
We aren't in a position to throw money about, and more importantly it doesn't guarantee you anything, cough Everton cough.
I'm not trawling through poch press conference to find the quotes, I'm confident he has said it more than once though.
at the end of the day you have your view, I have mine, they differ, no biggie. It's not like we can do anything to change it. And we're probably both wrong anyway.

Well I'd take our stability, ie top three, settled team and manager against any of the 'settled' teams you've mentioned above.
In the last 3 seasons they've all had a season out of CL, had much worse periods of a season than our current 'crisis' and more contract rebel issues than we have.

Look at it this way, for us to survive in this top 6 group we can't afford to have the seasons like Chelsea or Arsenal have just had. We can't go out and buy at either Chelsea's or Arsenals rate yet. Look at our expenditure this window.

Levy can juggle with the best of them but he's no magician.

PS Leave Everton out of this show some compassion!;)

Back